Kevin Hayes traded to the Jets

yave1964

Ranger fire sale continues.....

Kevin Hayes was dealt to Winnipeg for a first rounder and Brendan Lemieux, son of Claude F. Lemieux. 

Last year Winnipeg made a similar deal, trading for Stastny from St. Louis who left for Vegas at years end. Hayes fills the 2C spot which has been more or less vacant other than the occasional hot streak from Little.

Lemieux and a first are the latest pieces coming to the Rags, Adam McQuaid will be the next one out the door by days end.

I actually like this deal better for the Rangers than I do for the Jets...………..unless Hayes actually helps the Peg win a Cup this year.
He likely signs elsewhere as a UFA next season.

Meanwhile, Lemieux should fit in nicely with the young up n comers the Rangers already have, plus new ones they are likely to have via callups or draft picks....their draft board looks insane right now...and they likely add to it as well.

1071257955_draftboard.thumb.jpg.07a2bd2bb341826ca0fb654519542407.jpg

11 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Hayes fills the 2C spot which has been more or less vacant other than the occasional hot streak from Little.

I think this is overstated and slightly unfair to Little who continues to get no respect. He's mainly played with kids the last few years, including extended stints with Laine on one wing, which is no small thing. The guy can shoot, but that's literally it. Little has to do his job as a two-way center, plus all the work that would normally be expected by your winger. 

10 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

I think this is overstated and slightly unfair to Little who continues to get no respect. He's mainly played with kids the last few years, including extended stints with Laine on one wing, which is no small thing. The guy can shoot, but that's literally it. Little has to do his job as a two-way center, plus all the work that would normally be expected by your winger. 

I get what you are saying about Little, IMHO he is clearly not the player he was even a few years ago. He still can bring something to the table but I believe he is a very strong 3C and an average at best 2C at this point of his career. Still a contributor? Absolutely and he will have to play a key role if the team is to have a deep run but Hayes takes the pressure off of Little and should drop his ice time down a tic and help keep him fresh for the postseason.

1 minute ago, yave1964 said:

I get what you are saying about Little, IMHO he is clearly not the player he was even a few years ago. He still can bring something to the table but I believe he is a very strong 3C and an average at best 2C at this point of his career. Still a contributor? Absolutely and he will have to play a key role if the team is to have a deep run but Hayes takes the pressure off of Little and should drop his ice time down a tic and help keep him fresh for the postseason.

Sure, fair enough.

1 hour ago, Podein25 said:

Little has been invisible a lot of the year. He is a good player but having a off year. Jets needed to do something to make a run. Good pick up but chances are, Hayes signs elsewhere next year. I like the piece but not happy about giving up a 1st rd'er for the second year in a row.

6 minutes ago, Hatrik98 said:

Little has been invisible a lot of the year. He is a good player but having a off year.

I respectfully disagree. Stats wise he is on pace to have better numbers than last year. And right around his career average. His -5 is mostly because he plays alongside a weak turnover machine in the invisible form of Patrick Laine. 

I get that people expect Little to score 60 points and he's never going to do that again, but calling doing all the little things well invisible seems a bit much.

17 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

I respectfully disagree. Stats wise he is on pace to have better numbers than last year. And right around his career average. His -5 is mostly because he plays alongside a weak turnover machine in the invisible form of Patrick Laine. 

I get that people expect Little to score 60 points and he's never going to do that again, but calling doing all the little things well invisible seems a bit much.

Maybe invisible was a little harsh. Inconsistent is a better word. Maybe scoring 60 is a bit much for him but for a #2 center, it shouldn't I expect a little more. Not sure about him doing the little things. He has 39 points but has been consistently not showing up for for a 3-4  game stretch during the season. That also could be Laines unproductivity is looking bad on Littles part. I do agree that Hayes will take some of the pressure off.

56 minutes ago, Hatrik98 said:

Maybe invisible was a little harsh. Inconsistent is a better word. Maybe scoring 60 is a bit much for him but for a #2 center, it shouldn't I expect a little more. Not sure about him doing the little things. He has 39 points but has been consistently not showing up for for a 3-4  game stretch during the season. That also could be Laines unproductivity is looking bad on Littles part. I do agree that Hayes will take some of the pressure off.

Fair enough re consistency.  

Archived