Vegas bets on Stone for eight years

yave1964

I was close to putting an article in here a day or so ago asking if it is possible the Knights miss the playoffs as they have been swooning badly for over a month. Nope.

They traded a second rounder, a middling bottom six utility forward in Lindberg and a solid defensive prospect in Brannstrom for Stone, then immidiatley signed him to an eight year nine million per extention.

From the Senator standpoint, it makes sense but I thought they could have gotten more. The big thing is Brannstrom is a nearly ready now prospect who will step into the defensive rotation next year.

Stone resigning for eight years is huge. IMHO it was a good deal for the Sens, an amazing one for the Knights because of resigning him this quick. 

5 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

I thought they could have gotten more.

Agreed. A 1st instead of a 2nd. 

1 hour ago, Puck_Pun said:

They're the Vegas cat burglars as they got Stone for very little. He'll do well in Vegas

I'd be hesitant to characterize Brannstom as very little. While he hasn't played a single NHL game yet, and is thus still just an unproven  prospect, at the same time I cannot think of a single prospect on other teams that could compete with Vegas' offer. Brannstrom is the player that about 8-10 teams are gonna wish they took when he was on the board at 9, 10, 11, etc

Archived