Wayne Simmonds traded for Ryan Hartman

OccamsRazor

1 hour ago, brelic said:

It was Ek as far as I can tell. 

Whether or not his info is accurate, I think that it hints at a truth that we are always evaluating trades and moves with about 10% of the information.

So, assuming the truthiness of what he says in that there was a deal (or at the very least an effort) to move Elliott until finding out that Hart would be out for a while, that Raffl's value was low (5th rounder or less), that they tried to get Fabbro but Simmonds just wasn't fair value and wanted more, and that Ottawa wanted MUCH more from teams in the east for Stone than Vegas... it sounds like there just weren't very many favourable scenarios for Fletcher.

I know and then what if he did something and had to move  Frost or Farabee to get it done and I will see a mushroom cloud arise above Philly.

So I'm good knowing he seems to have tried but felt good with the current group and with Hart next year to tweak the offseason maybe but like a reload and shoot for it again approach.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

@vis

Do we (the general wisdom we ) think St Louis will do anything in the playoffs ?

I know they're playing great right now, but there's an institutional dna expression for coming up small in that organization. 

Brayden Schenn is one of their top guys....

I don't see it.

There would need to be a "Penguins Defense" level injury event happening in NSH for them to get beaten by St Louis.

I'll tell you what's a good sign for the Blues:   Armstrong didn't do anything outlandish to screw it up at the deadline.

I mean, he did bring in Del Zotto, so that's what it is, but I don't think it's on the level of his self-sabotage in previous years.

So, as long as the clock doesn't strike 12 and Bennington doesn't turn back into a pumpkin, I actually really like them in the playoffs.  I mean, Tarasenko should be really rested since he didn't start playing until about a month ago.  

I think there are 4 legitimate teams in the west:   Nashville, Winnipeg, Calgary, and St. Louis.    All with strengths and all with question marks.  I think Nashville with the least question marks at this point.   This isn't to say someone can't surprise one or more of them (Colorado maybe?), but it probably comes down to one of the four of them.

I wouldn't want to place any bets on any of them versus Tampa (or on Tampa, either).

Simmonds still looking for his first points for the Preds nothing in 2 games.

So he has 1 goal (that one goal was score over a month ago vs Oilers) for 3 points in the last 16 games.

I'm afraid he will not find what he is seeking on the free agent market this summer.

And i must say i do not want him back in Philly...sorry.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wayne Simmonds 5 games played one helper....not looking so hot for Wayne right now...

I'm happy to see him playing for a contender though. He deserves it. I may even cheer for them in fact, just to see him win a cup. Obviously he won't get the recognition he would have had he won one here, but I have no qualms with cheering for players I like regardless of their colours worn. Give em hell, Wayne.

Archived