Flyer Uniforms Tonight

Kings Redeem LA

5 minutes ago, thenewestlights said:

Fly squad's looking pretty killer. Kinda like angry Jack-o-Lanterns having emerged 

from some experimental and serious tanning-booth sessions. 

Has that been their home look all season? 

I've seen so few games from any team this go-round. 

🍻 

I love them. Especially the helmets just look so different from the plain ol white or black helmets.

Those are only the 2nd time they have wore them. 

The first the OT win in the Stadium series vs the Penguins.

They are undefeated in them.

Don't CHANGE THEM!

1 hour ago, Villette/Lavaux said:

Cincinnati Bengals' team building camp ?

Best Flyer uniform IMO: the original ones. I'm a boring and conservative guy.

I'm not a fan of these uniforms, but I'm apparently in the minority. The lack of white border around the numbers, logo, etc make it very difficult for me to see.  I kind of like the helmet, though. 

I like the helmets.

I think the burnt orange is okay, I like it combo-ed with cream though. 

without any sort of accent, these look like practice squad sweaters to me.

So count me as a no, they are close to being awesome. I preferred the old 3rd sweater burnt orange over cream with the black shoulder patches, & keystone accents.

Mrs Mojo is down with them, "They're cool, and  the defense won't look like traffic pylons".  Teen girl Mojo "yuck, what the hell are they doing dad ?"

download.png

29 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I'm not a fan of these uniforms, but I'm apparently in the minority. The lack of white border around the numbers, logo, etc make it very difficult for me to see.  I kind of like the helmet, though. 

I'm with you on this Rux.  They have a practice jersey look to them and are highly unimaginative overall.  The helmet is cool but that's about it.  I like the current Jerseys (as they hearken back to the originals) and I like the 1980's style of course.  That's about it. 

We all know this is just a scheme to part the fans from their money.  I give them enough as it is so I'll pass.  I was surprised how many people were in the house strutting around in these jerseys last night though.  

17 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I can compromise then I am cool with changing the Jersey to a better one but let's keep the helmets.

Deal!  I wouldn't change the uniforms a lot.  My complaint isn't huge, just one that kind of affects me. If they tweak to have the logo (I know what it is without definition, but it would be nice) and numbers (maybe old eyes, but I really do have a problem with this) I like it. 

I agree the helmet is kind of cool. 

On 2/27/2019 at 8:30 AM, ruxpin said:

Seems many folks may have that viewing issue. 

Philly needs a Telescope Giveaway night or two to address things. 

😃 

Color me crazy, because I thought they were a joke when they first unveiled them, but I like the outdoor unis. 

They look much better in action on the ice than they do hanging up on a rack or in a photo.

On 2/27/2019 at 10:30 AM, ruxpin said:

I hated them when they unveiled them, but I actually kinda like them on the ice in action.  Not sure why the vibe is differennt but something about them being in motion makes these Jerseys make more sense.  

It's actually a lot like Gritty... seemed crazy until I saw it in action and it turned out it was kinda the right amount of the right sort of crazy. 

47 minutes ago, thenewestlights said:

Seems many folks may have that viewing issue. 

Philly needs a Telescope Giveaway night or two to address things. 

😃 

LMAO!  

Seriously, though, that may help.  It's even on TV, though, so it's more the bleed than anything. 

36 minutes ago, King Knut said:

I hated them when they unveiled them, but I actually kinda like them on the ice in action.  Not sure why the vibe is differennt but something about them being in motion makes these Jerseys make more sense.  

It's actually a lot like Gritty... seemed crazy until I saw it in action and it turned out it was kinda the right amount of the right sort of crazy. 

I've warmed to the design. Functionality, I just have the issue I described.  It's not so much a "taste" issue for me at this point. 

Don't tell anyone, but I've come around on Gritty, too. Part of Gritty was that when he was unveiled the team stunk with no hope and it just seemed like a "look over here and not at the steaming pile" kind of thing. 

11 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I've warmed to the design. Functionality, I just have the issue I described.  It's not so much a "taste" issue for me at this point. 

Don't tell anyone, but I've come around on Gritty, too. Part of Gritty was that when he was unveiled the team stunk with no hope and it just seemed like a "look over here and not at the steaming pile" kind of thing. 

I came around on Gritty the minute I read the "Sleep with one eye open Bird" tweet and figured out what they were going for and that everything bonkers about Gritty was intentional and made perfect sense.  It's kinda impressive.

I could see that about the logo.  Hope they can tweak and not throw the baby out with the bathwater.  

Archived