My worst nightmare- Penguins miss the playoffs

yave1964

I was telling my wife last night that there was a very real possibility that the Penguins miss the playoffs, I said it slightly gloating, as a Wings fan married to a Jackets fan the thought of Sid and Gino sitting home in April is about all that I have to root for.

She called me a bit ago, "Dave, you do know they still have their first round pick right?"

I knew exactly where she was going instantly, and felt queasy.

"Dave, if they miss the playoffs, you know they will win the lottery and get Jack Hughes."

From tanking to get Mario, to sucking and getting Sid and Malkin to missing the final spot of the playoffs to a bunch of jerks in Carolina and that getting them Hughes, I dont think I could stand it. Not at all. Missing the playoffs in the last week of the season, winning the lottery and adding another generational talent. Nooooooooo.

So I am rooting for the P:enguins to sneak into the playoffs and then lose in the first round badly to the Lightning in four games, lol.

2 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

I was telling my wife last night that there was a very real possibility that the Penguins miss the playoffs, I said it slightly gloating, as a Wings fan married to a Jackets fan the thought of Sid and Gino sitting home in April is about all that I have to root for.

She called me a bit ago, "Dave, you do know they still have their first round pick right?"

"Dave, if they miss the playoffs, you know they will win the lottery and get Jack Hughes."

From tanking to get Mario, to sucking and getting Sid and Malkin to missing the final spot of the playoffs to a bunch of jerks in Carolina and that getting them Hughes, I dont think I could stand it. Not at all. Missing the playoffs in the last week of the season, winning the lottery and adding another generational talent. Nooooooooo.

So I am rooting for the P:enguins to sneak into the playoffs and then lose in the first round badly to the Lightning in four games, lol.

Hughes isn't generational...so the Pens won't get him. They'll win the lottery when the next superstar comes along.

Meh...I think us anti-water fowl fans can rest easy either way.

Even if Pittsburgh misses the playoffs, their record STILL isn't bad enough to be a bottom 5 team (which is what they will need to be for a shot at the lottery, no?).

So we can safely just say, "Hey, Pens, you might not make it"

When you have the likes of New Jersey, Detroit, Ottawa, Anaheim, and Los Angeles on the case, the Pens ain't crackin that lottery 

57 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Lose for Hughes!

Lose for Hughes!

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Meh...I think us anti-water fowl fans can rest easy either way.

Even if Pittsburgh misses the playoffs, their record STILL isn't bad enough to be a bottom 5 team (which is what they will need to be for a shot at the lottery, no?).

So we can safely just say, "Hey, Pens, you might not make it"

When you have the likes of New Jersey, Detroit, Ottawa, Anaheim, and Los Angeles on the case, the Pens ain't crackin that lottery 

Wow I got one on ya, TFG, 

They switched it a couple of years ago, EVERY team that misses the playoffs gets ping pong balls in the jar and has a chance at the lottery, the worse the record, more balls. in the hopper, the better your record, the less. So if Pittsburgh misses the playoffs they would have a slim chance at Hughes.

http://www.tankathon.com/nhl/pick_odds

@yave1964
2065395828_REALLYBABY.jpg.8e47a11782128e4e11b94cf4a6855987.jpg

Ok...well, apparently I need a refresher on league rules...I honestly did not know that. 
You do indeed have one on me!

In that case...Yikes...… MISS THE PLAYOFFS PENGUINS!!!

@B21

You have to realize that all this wanting your team to miss only means we fear them getting yet another high end player to go along with the ones you have, right?

I can't wait till my Lightning get to the point where people start hating them too....  :bigteeth:

13 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

@yave1964

Ok...well, apparently I need a refresher on league rules...I honestly did not know that. 

@B21

You have to realize that all this wanting your team to miss only means we fear them getting yet another high end player to go along with the ones you have, right?

I can't wait till my Lightning get to the point where people start hating them too....  :bigteeth:

I love the hate...misguided as it is. :63:

I'm cautiously optimistic the Pens sneak in...probably at Carolina's expense though I'd love to see Carolina get in just to get Don Cherry's blood pressure even higher with their post game celebrations. 

21 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

@yave1964

@B21

It's how Philly ended up with Patrick...they should have been picking 13th.

Archived