Jump to content
News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

yave1964

My worst nightmare- Penguins miss the playoffs

Recommended Posts

I was telling my wife last night that there was a very real possibility that the Penguins miss the playoffs, I said it slightly gloating, as a Wings fan married to a Jackets fan the thought of Sid and Gino sitting home in April is about all that I have to root for.

 

  She called me a bit ago, "Dave, you do know they still have their first round pick right?"

 

 I knew exactly where she was going instantly, and felt queasy.

  

 "Dave, if they miss the playoffs, you know they will win the lottery and get Jack Hughes."

 

 From tanking to get Mario, to sucking and getting Sid and Malkin to missing the final spot of the playoffs to a bunch of jerks in Carolina and that getting them Hughes, I dont think I could stand it. Not at all. Missing the playoffs in the last week of the season, winning the lottery and adding another generational talent. Nooooooooo.

 

  So I am rooting for the P:enguins to sneak into the playoffs and then lose in the first round badly to the Lightning in four games, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

I was telling my wife last night that there was a very real possibility that the Penguins miss the playoffs, I said it slightly gloating, as a Wings fan married to a Jackets fan the thought of Sid and Gino sitting home in April is about all that I have to root for.

 

  She called me a bit ago, "Dave, you do know they still have their first round pick right?"

 

 I knew exactly where she was going instantly, and felt queasy.

  

 "Dave, if they miss the playoffs, you know they will win the lottery and get Jack Hughes."

 

 From tanking to get Mario, to sucking and getting Sid and Malkin to missing the final spot of the playoffs to a bunch of jerks in Carolina and that getting them Hughes, I dont think I could stand it. Not at all. Missing the playoffs in the last week of the season, winning the lottery and adding another generational talent. Nooooooooo.

 

  So I am rooting for the P:enguins to sneak into the playoffs and then lose in the first round badly to the Lightning in four games, lol.

 

 Hughes isn't generational...so the Pens won't get him. They'll win the lottery when the next superstar comes along.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh...I think us anti-water fowl fans can rest easy either way.

Even if Pittsburgh misses the playoffs, their record STILL isn't bad enough to be a bottom 5 team (which is what they will need to be for a shot at the lottery, no?).

 

So we can safely just say, "Hey, Pens, you might not make it"

When you have the likes of New Jersey, Detroit, Ottawa, Anaheim, and Los Angeles on the case, the Pens ain't crackin that lottery 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

I was telling my wife last night that there was a very real possibility that the Penguins miss the playoffs, I said it slightly gloating, as a Wings fan married to a Jackets fan the thought of Sid and Gino sitting home in April is about all that I have to root for.

 

  She called me a bit ago, "Dave, you do know they still have their first round pick right?"

 

 I knew exactly where she was going instantly, and felt queasy.

  

 "Dave, if they miss the playoffs, you know they will win the lottery and get Jack Hughes."

 

 From tanking to get Mario, to sucking and getting Sid and Malkin to missing the final spot of the playoffs to a bunch of jerks in Carolina and that getting them Hughes, I dont think I could stand it. Not at all. Missing the playoffs in the last week of the season, winning the lottery and adding another generational talent. Nooooooooo.

 

  So I am rooting for the P:enguins to sneak into the playoffs and then lose in the first round badly to the Lightning in four games, lol.

 

Lose for Hughes!

Lose for Hughes!

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Meh...I think us anti-water fowl fans can rest easy either way.

Even if Pittsburgh misses the playoffs, their record STILL isn't bad enough to be a bottom 5 team (which is what they will need to be for a shot at the lottery, no?).

 

So we can safely just say, "Hey, Pens, you might not make it"

When you have the likes of New Jersey, Detroit, Ottawa, Anaheim, and Los Angeles on the case, the Pens ain't crackin that lottery 

Wow I got one on ya, TFG, 

 

They switched it a couple of years ago, EVERY team that misses the playoffs gets ping pong balls in the jar and has a chance at the lottery, the worse the record, more balls. in the hopper, the better your record, the less. So if Pittsburgh misses the playoffs they would have a slim chance at Hughes.

 

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@yave1964
2065395828_REALLYBABY.jpg.8e47a11782128e4e11b94cf4a6855987.jpg

 

 

Ok...well, apparently I need a refresher on league rules...I honestly did not know that. 
You do indeed have one on me!

In that case...Yikes...… MISS THE PLAYOFFS PENGUINS!!!

@B21

You have to realize that all this wanting your team to miss only means we fear them getting yet another high end player to go along with the ones you have, right?

I can't wait till my Lightning get to the point where people start hating them too....  :bigteeth:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

@yave1964
2065395828_REALLYBABY.jpg.8e47a11782128e4e11b94cf4a6855987.jpg

 

 

Ok...well, apparently I need a refresher on league rules...I honestly did not know that. 
You do indeed have one on me!

In that case...Yikes...… MISS THE PLAYOFFS PENGUINS!!!

@B21

You have to realize that all this wanting your team to miss only means we fear them getting yet another high end player to go along with the ones you have, right?

I can't wait till my Lightning get to the point where people start hating them too....  :bigteeth:

 

I love the hate...misguided as it is. :63:

 

I'm cautiously optimistic the Pens sneak in...probably at Carolina's expense though I'd love to see Carolina get in just to get Don Cherry's blood pressure even higher with their post game celebrations. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

@yave1964
2065395828_REALLYBABY.jpg.8e47a11782128e4e11b94cf4a6855987.jpg

 

 

Ok...well, apparently I need a refresher on league rules...I honestly did not know that. 
You do indeed have one on me!

In that case...Yikes...… MISS THE PLAYOFFS PENGUINS!!!

@B21

You have to realize that all this wanting your team to miss only means we fear them getting yet another high end player to go along with the ones you have, right?

I can't wait till my Lightning get to the point where people start hating them too....  :bigteeth:

 

 

It's how Philly ended up with Patrick...they should have been picking 13th.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

 

 

It's how Philly ended up with Patrick...they should have been picking 13th.

well, he's a bust so...

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Most Liked Posts in This Topic

    • 3
      Post
      FTP
    • 3
      Post
      I love the hate...misguided as it is.    I'm cautiously optimistic the Pens sneak in...probably at Carolina's expense though I'd love to see Carolina get in just to get Don Cherry's blood pressure even higher with their post game celebrations. 
    • 2
      Post
      @yave1964     Ok...well, apparently I need a refresher on league rules...I honestly did not know that.  You do indeed have one on me! In that case...Yikes...… MISS THE PLAYOFFS PENGUINS!!! @B21 You have to realize that all this wanting your team to miss only means we fear them getting yet another high end player to go along with the ones you have, right? I can't wait till my Lightning get to the point where people start hating them too.... 
    • 2
      Post
      well, he's a bust so...
    • 1
      Post
      Hughes isn't generational...so the Pens won't get him. They'll win the lottery when the next superstar comes along.
    • 1
      Post
      Meh...I think us anti-water fowl fans can rest easy either way. Even if Pittsburgh misses the playoffs, their record STILL isn't bad enough to be a bottom 5 team (which is what they will need to be for a shot at the lottery, no?).   So we can safely just say, "Hey, Pens, you might not make it" When you have the likes of New Jersey, Detroit, Ottawa, Anaheim, and Los Angeles on the case, the Pens ain't crackin that lottery 
×
×
  • Create New...