Wild vs. Predators 3/3/19 @ 6:30PM at the X

CreaseAndAssist

Wild vs. Predators Game Preview

Minnesota Wild (32-27-6)  70pts  5th in the Central

2.75 Goals For Per Game (25th in the NHL)

2.86 Goals Against Per Game (12th in the NHL)

21.3% Power Play (13th in the NHL)

80.2% Penalty Kill (16th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #11 Zach Parise ~ 24G 30A = 54pts

2. #12 Eric Staal ~ 19G 25A = 44pts

3. #20 Ryan Suter ~ 7G 35A = 42pts

4. #46 Jared Spurgeon ~ 12G 26A = 38pts

5. #16 Jason Zucker ~ 16G 17A = 33pts

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #36 Nick Seeler ~ 49 PIM’s

2. #17 Marcus Foligno ~ 44 PIM’s

3. #29 Greg Pateryn ~ 37 PIM’s

Top Goaltenders:

1. #40 Devan Dubnyk (26-21-5)  2.58GAA  .912%SP  1SO

2. #32 Alex Stalock (6-6-1)  3.08GAA  .890%SP

Vs.

Nashville Predators (37-25-5)  79pts  2nd in the Central

2.94 Goals For Per Game (18th in the NHL)

2.64 Goals Against Per Game (5th in the NHL)

12.5% Power Play (30th in the NHL)

80.3% Penalty Kill (15th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #92 Ryan Johansen ~ 11G 43A = 54pts

2. #59 Roman Josi ~ 14G 37A = 51pts

3. #64 Mikael Granlund ~ 15G 35A = 50pts

4. #14 Mattias Ekholm ~ 8G 34A = 42pts

5. #9 Filip Forsberg ~ 21G 19A = 40pts

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #17 Wayne Simmonds ~ 90 PIM’s

2. #76 P.K. Subban ~ 46 PIM’s

3. #14 Mattias Ekholm ~ 39 PIM’s

Top Goaltenders:

1. #35 Pekka Rinne (23-17-3)  2.50GAA  .914%SP  3SO

2. #74 Juuse Saros (14-8-2)  2.63GAA  .916%SP  2SO

I wrote up the game preview, MNSOTA will be on the post gamer.  Does the team have enough gas in the tank to keep it rolling.  As much as you might wish this team can let up, they can't.  The race is too tight do so.  It certainly has been a life changing week for Granlund.  New employer, new baby...I think hockey will be tough to focus on even if he's probably a little annoyed how it all played out.  Enjoy...

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A juicy game ahead of us! I suspect a lot of fingers been given whatever the outcome will be.

Will the new proud father be the focal point of the game or not or is the sleep debt already taking its toll?

I am very interested in this game. Can Fehr,Foligno and Staal maintain last nights hustle? Or will the speedy wingers fly past suter?

Hopefully young kids will continue to score and not make Wild chase the game. 

Just now, 63firebird said:

I am very interested in this game. Can Fehr,Foligno and Staal maintain last nights hustle? Or will the speedy wingers fly past suter?

Hopefully young kids will continue to score and not make Wild chase the game. 

Doubtful.

Maybe not, after all he's been saving himself all season. Mr. Glide...

Donato's been hell of catch though.

From thuggery to huggebry. Wild stole one from the Flaming Elbows Saturday only to fly in late to host Paul Fenton's First Annual Predator Alumni Mixer today.

The Wild's one of not-one-but-two Wild Bemidji State University products, Matt Read (Outdoor Studies) did all of us in, ahem, Beaver Nation, proud last night demonstrating cool Bemidji Pool Hall elegance in banking a goal off some dude's skate. Check of the Wild home page rosters says Saturday's hero must be driving back through corn fields in Iowa to meet his AHL teammates. I read into that, pun fully intended, that Parise is ready to play. Or Rask, but the question as to whether he can actually even play hockey is undecided. The Beyond the Pond boys explained it on KFAN this morning, this way: It's just too early to tell as far as whether Rask ever, indeed, learns to play hockey.

Meanwhile, Nino Nieterrattor or, as we know him, "Mr. Good-Old-What's-his-Name?", lights it up like corn whiskey Sunday at Daytona with Carolina.

Northeastern product (that sounds funny....) Anthony Bitetto might slide into that No. 6 defense position for the Wild, but will likely skate through obscurity, much as he made his way from Nashville to St. Paul.

Expect Foligno to pepper Granlund with clever chirps about his height, like, "Did you get that sweater at Baby Gap?", "Did it come with a bib?" or "Are those breezers husky?"

If that's the case, this is the way I see the lineup, subject to change by the coach, the GM, or Zach and Ryan:

16 Zucker 12 Staal 22 Fiala

6 Donato 19 Kunin 11 Parise

18 Greenway 14 Ek 26 Aberg

17 Foligno 21 Fehr 23 J.T. "Just Tipped" Brown

20 Suter 46 Spurgeon

25 Brodin 29 Pateryn

77 Hunt 2 Bitetto 

40 Doobie

32 Stalock

A little 'home at home' time between Minnesota and Nashville.... almost playoff-like.

Minnesota has held up reasonably well so far, and they are in one of the tougher stretches of games too.
Paul Fenton should be chomping at the bit to see if he his new team can stand up to his former one.

Players on both sides that played for the other should feel the same...…….that all said, if Granlund has a multi-point night...……………...

Aaaaanyways, another big game for the Wild (aren't they all now?) against a team, once again, they may meet in the first round of the playoffs and another measuring stick to see where they are as an organization after the trade deadline lobotomy....errr, player movement.

Interestingly, Nashville has NOT been playing particularly well lately...…...but will that mean anything for the Wild?
I almost wish they WERE.
Seems Minnesota does better against teams they have no business winning. Some reverse polarity or something going on with this group.

Also...will Zach Parise be in the lineup? He is listed on my sheet as DTD/Game time decision.
Hopefully he is well enough to go.....hurt foot blocking a shot his last game I believe.
If not, hoping Minnesota doesn't rush him, let someone else skate in his spot and see if he can help the team finish out the season strong.....don't need "heroes" playing through pain right now and actually HURTING the team on the ice.

Go Wild GO!
:wild:

Russo Tweets that Stalock gets the start and that Parise will attempt warmups but still GTD. First I heard about the foot...…...Man a foot can hurt like, well, like really a lot...……………...

53 minutes ago, Icechipper said:

Russo Tweets that Stalock gets the start and that Parise will attempt warmups but still GTD. First I heard about the foot...…...Man a foot can hurt like, well, like really a lot...……………...

Oh well...I suppose Stalock has to play at SOME point....

Yea, bad foot kept the Zach Attack out of the last game. Those things can be tricky, and hard to 'fake your way' on the ice with a bad wheel.

Just now, Megawild said:

Maybe this will be the game we get to see some of the promise of Fiala as he goes to show his old club up!

hopefully and hopefully Granny doesn't try to do the same.

5 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

seriously WTF with these quick whistles, have they not learned anything yet.

Yeah that was horrible... it was almost like they REALLY wanted to go to commercial!

Archived