Wild vs. Panthers 3/8/19 @ 6:00PM CST at BB&T Center

CreaseAndAssist

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MNSOTA said:

Supposedly, the official attendance tonight was 12,388. That's a sad number and I find that impossible to believe.

If there were more than 5000 people there I would be shocked!

2 hours ago, MNSOTA said:

The old wood/metal seats at Colisee Pepsi are VERY uncomfortable, especially if you're on more of the "fluffy" side when it comes to size.

Videotron Centre is gorgeous

Bring back the Nords!

Craig Leupold, if you read this, please fire Lapanta.

Making the excuse that the wild STANK! Tonight because they traveled all the way from Tampa on a back to back.

While the Panthers had to come home from Boston on a back to back.

If the announcers have to fabricate lame excuses for poor play, it really becomes a slap In our faces!

Do you really think we're that stupid!

1 hour ago, Antti_Laxative said:

I guess we'd have to be if we thought owners, GM's, Coaches and Players actually read these forums.🙄

I usually listen games through the radio 100.3 FM channel. They have a much better exclusively talented commentators for years. I remember that even Bruce Boudreau mentioned a couple years ago that he likes to listen them too, and if I am not wrong – somehow he is recording their talk during the game and listening later after the game.

I am not sure if CL, GM, coaches and players are reading our messages on our Board forum, but I still believe that our media is reading them, because , it is practically a single full numerous Fan Board for the Minnesota Wild team. The previous one was closed last May of 2018 on a main Wild webpage. During that time (May of 2018-March of 2019) our fans were able to put more than 12,000 messages on their new hockeyforum.net Wild site.And I think at least 30-40% of our messages present an interest to the media, because it is a source for their writing.

Regarding the game - we suffered a HUGE FATTY LOSS. Like Bruce said after the game“any point is vital” and the team still did not realize that in full. He told the same as fans observed for many years – team is usually playing hard against best teams and usually playing poor against worst teams in the league. Not a good practice and not an easy part to fix it.

13 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Sure.
Team higher in the standings, Wild will show up.

Well, Good news is (currently) there are only 2 teams lower than us on our remaining games. 😜

Foligno, Donato and you could count on 1 hand the rest that showed up.

16 hours ago, Antti_Laxative said:

Nope. That "honour" goes to Jack Edwards and Andy Brickley in Boston....and second place ain't close.

Yea...it USED to be that clown show of Steigerwald and Errey over in Pittsburgh.

Thank goodness "Steigy" was moved out of the broadcast booth and replaced with the MUCH better Steve Mears (hint, hint, Minnesota... get Greenlay the %$#@ out of there already!)  :shifty:

10 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Sorry...the Wild simply do NOT employ Russian players....I'm pretty sure it's in the fine print somewhere..... :ph34r:

He's half-russian. His mother is a finn and he has lived in Finland for all of his life (his father is an icon for Tappara) , so he should be eligible for the Wild. 😂

Imagine Barkov-Kaprizov.... *sigh* Hey a man can dream, can't he!?

2 minutes ago, Lonkkis said:

He's half-russian. His mother is a finn and he has lived in Finland for all of his life (his father is an icon for Tappara) , so he should be eligible for the Wild. 😂

Ahh...ok.
Half Finn....he's got a shot then!  :bigteeth:

7 hours ago, Lonkkis said:

It sounds a very powerful duo. Dreaming about a real Russian reinforcement in our team for 19 years already. Not much happening yet. Just imagine Kaprizov-Barkov-Panarin line in a Wild uniform. It will develop enormous interest in NHL media. 

On 3/8/2019 at 9:44 PM, MNSOTA said:

Ooh, good to know. Are the Remparts playing there now?

Yes they are.

A beautiful building (15 mn away from my home) but unfortunately useless...

To get it short, the funding model was a disaster and Québec's Mayor totally misunderstood Gary Bettman's talks about the interest of the league. In fact, Bettman never promised anything about an exapnsion team here and Québec's authorities tokk that for granted and built a $400m facility with taxpayers' money, with a clause that every additional costs to assumed by the city itself (which was terribly risky and suicidal). Another problem is that Québécor's boss, Pierre-Karl Péladeau is a die-hard fan of Québec's independance, and the least thing that the league want is to go into politics. And last problem, Québec is a small and french market. Right now, the owner tries to organize are many events as possible not to make money, but to lose money as less as possible (let's say $1m loss per year in the best case, according to the most recent numbers I read)

The chances that the NHL returns to Québec City is about 0.001%. We never know, like it was the case for the Jets, but the league will have 32 teams with an equilibrium reached in each division, and it clearly stated that they do not want any other relocation. Florida has a new arena lease, Arizona will likely relocate back in downtown Phoenix, Ottawa will have other options for a new building in the future once they kick out Melnyk; Calgary's situation is still unsettled but the NHL will do everything to prevent a franchise from moving. The league doesn't care about attendance and franchises' situations on a unique basis. It only looks at the overall yearly revenues, which are constantly increasing. That's all that matters to them.

It's a pity -- I would have been cool to see the Wild once a year in town -- but the Nordiques' return will never happen.

Archived