If we cant sign Panerin should we offer sheet Kapenan?

RonJeremy

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well a good time to try and poach them would be at the draft unless they are fools.

Knowing them and how they did Nylander then will wait till the last second to do anything.

They really boned themselves with Nylander.  Should have just traded him. Especially after the season started and it became pretty apparent how superfluous he was.  

Now guys who who are straight up better than he is are up for new contracts and they have his contract and Matthews’ & Tavares’ to directly compare to.  

And trading him?  I mean they could trade him but the contract is certainly unattractive (watch Fletcher trade for him now) and it won’t be as easy to move him and if you do you just won’t get a good deal. 

Why would they buckle to him knowing he was at best their 3C at this point? Just trade him for a rental like Simmonds or someone and move on. 

I don’t want Fletcher trading for him and not because I don’t think he can be good again, but because  We don’t need to help out anyone in the East by sending our D men to a competitor. 

Sign someone (like Hayes) if you decide to lean in on 3C.  

If if they want to trade Marner (they won’t)?  Trade away. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, King Knut said:

They really boned themselves with Nylander.  Should have just traded him. Especially after the season started and it became pretty apparent how superfluous he was.  

Now guys who who are straight up better than he is are up for new contracts and they have his contract and Matthews’ & Tavares’ to directly compare to.  

And trading him?  I mean they could trade him but the contract is certainly unattractive (watch Fletcher trade for him now) and it won’t be as easy to move him and if you do you just won’t get a good deal. 

Why would they buckle to him knowing he was at best their 3C at this point? Just trade him for a rental like Simmonds or someone and move on. 

I don’t want Fletcher trading for him and not because I don’t think he can be good again, but because  We don’t need to help out anyone in the East by sending our D men to a competitor. 

Sign someone (like Hayes) if you decide to lean in on 3C.  

If if they want to trade Marner (they won’t)?  Trade away. 

Yeah they should have been proactive this summer and moved him then especially when they knew this was all looming.

And they had other holes that needed to be addressed.

Archived