Wild vs. Stars 3/14/19 @ 7:00PM CST at the "X"

CreaseAndAssist

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

The black one with the coyote or the green one with the lizard and the mountains?

The black one with the coyote. And he had to go with Ekman-Larsson because if he had gone with Roenick it would have been ridiculously expensive.

1 minute ago, MNSOTA said:

The black one with the coyote. And he had to go with Eckman-Larson because if he had gone with Roenick it would have been ridiculously expensive.

Wonder what a Doan one costs

1 minute ago, bbgarnett said:

Wonder what a Doan one costs

Probably like $250 like it would have been for the Roenick one, because he literally would have had to go with the Adidas one and ask for customization. The Ekman-Larsson one was one of those pre-made Fanatics jerseys, which are really affordable but well made.

5 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

Probably like $250 like it would have been for the Roenick one, because he literally would have had to go with the Adidas one and ask for customization. The Ekman-Larsson one was one of those pre-made Fanatics jerseys, which are really affordable but well made.

yeah I have a Gaborik Jersey and it was made by CCM

I feel like I'm writing either the game previews or the post-games under protest and extreme duress. I am tired of watching these games, and I know I'm not alone. About the only players who really tried tonight were Zucker, Foligno, and Greenway. And poor Greenway is saddled with Sh!t #1 (Aberg) and Sh!t #2 (Rask). How the hell can you expect him to do anything when he has two anchors hanging around his neck, drowning him. If I was him, I'd be begging to be traded as soon as it's possible again.

Too little too late as Wild fall 4-1 to Dallas

Wild beaten by a much better team.  No surprise.   Only good thing was Walz as color guy.  Did anyone think that flukey winning streak was real?  It wasn't.  This is the true Wild team - severely lacking in offense, character and guts.  The Wild WAS a Playoff team.  Subtract Mikko and Dumba, then make hugely lop-sided, degrading trades like Nino for Rask and MiG for Fiala…    I'm not going to get in a pizzing contest about Coyle for Donato, but in the short term that makes the Wild a weaker team, too.   Donato's flukely little points run is exactly that - a fluke.  Will he turn into an actual NHL scorer - BIG maybe.

BTW - did Fiala play tonight?  Wait, that's right, his turnovers and sightseeing fly by's watching the other team score as the game was going on...

Fenton needs to keep going.  He might as well get rid of BB, too.   BB would be thrilled to get away from this train wreck I'm sure.  He's used to coaching quality NHL clubs, not this joke of a roster.

Haters should be celebrating.   Now the Wild really does suck as much as they were prematurely ejaculating about the last couple seasons.

And now over the next few seasons we'll see if the tanking advocates are full of chit or not.

BRING ON THE FIVE YEAR PLAN!!!    And watch the #1 Fans desert the sinking ship in droves, just like during Richard's years.  Only positive about that is maybe the Haters wander away, too.

3 hours ago, MNSOTA said:

So LIG just said if the 'Yotes make the playoffs, he's buying a Roenick kachina jersey.

I have one. Not JR though. I have Raanta on the back of mine but might have to change it out for Kuemper.

Wonder what Fenton thinks about the "just needs some tweaking" comment now...? Wonder if he agreed with that statement.  Obviously they were caught with their pants down - and no doubt there is a PR company already employed to start looking at positioning this to the "fans"...  

9 hours ago, Jagged Ice said:

I have one. Not JR though. I have Raanta on the back of mine but might have to change it out for Kuemper.

I got a black one when the Jets first moved. I never get names on them because inevitably the player gets traded or signs elsewhere...

12 minutes ago, Confrontational said:

Wonder what Fenton thinks about the "just needs some tweaking" comment now...? Wonder if he agreed with that statement.  Obviously they were caught with their pants down - and no doubt there is a PR company already employed to start looking at positioning this to the "fans"...  

Maybe the team did just need "tweaking" at the beginning of the season. But no one could have predicted the loss of Dumba, Nino's struggles, Coyle plateauing, and then Mikko blowing his knee out.

To me, these things show that the Wild have a serious lack of depth...

Marcus Foligno quotes from last night:

"You've got to have heart, and we have no heart right now. Too many passengers."

"It's got to come from leadership and guys playing the right way and holding guys accountable. Right now we're just letting things slip away... It's got to come from leadership... Your leaders have to be your best, myself included and right now we're just struggling with it."

"It's stepping up and looking a little more urgent than we have. It's wanting the puck. I think we had some guys that just were hoping that it would be on their sticks tonight. You've got to get aggressive."

These are the best quotes I have ever heard come from guys on this team. None of the "leaders", aka Parise, Suter and Koivu would ever say this. None of these guys would try to call out people and challenge them. Instead they give their same out generic reply that means less then their promises. This team needs true leadership. Guys who aren't scared to call out others and will do whatever it takes to win. Not give a 10% effort like Suter. We need guys with spines and the thirst to win. This team does not have it except Foligno who is trying. I really have grown to like him.

7 minutes ago, EJ0226 said:

Marcus Foligno quotes from last night:

"You've got to have heart, and we have no heart right now. Too many passengers."

"It's got to come from leadership and guys playing the right way and holding guys accountable. Right now we're just letting things slip away... It's got to come from leadership... Your leaders have to be your best, myself included and right now we're just struggling with it."

"It's stepping up and looking a little more urgent than we have. It's wanting the puck. I think we had some guys that just were hoping that it would be on their sticks tonight. You've got to get aggressive."

These are the best quotes I have ever heard come from guys on this team. None of the "leaders", aka Parise, Suter and Koivu would ever say this. None of these guys would try to call out people and challenge them. Instead they give their same out generic reply that means less then their promises. This team needs true leadership. Guys who aren't scared to call out others and will do whatever it takes to win. Not give a 10% effort like Suter. We need guys with spines and the thirst to win. This team does not have it except Foligno who is trying. I really have grown to like him.

I'm really surprised that there hasn't been a "Players Only" meeting by now...

Archived