A quick look at Kuemper vs Dubnyk

EJ0226

18 hours ago, Fargocase said:

At least you are consistent with your silly player dictating to Coaches conspiracy theories.  🙄

Go back 10, 20 years.   Goalies starting 60 games a year was common.  I know you HATE Doobie, but if you'd get over your irrational hate of him, it should be obvious the Wild has a much better chance to win with Doobie in net.  Stalock is a fringe guy all the way, lucky to even have an NHL gig.

In your previous life you probably gave Rosie Parks a run for her money, too. Is that you James? No opinions allowed in here?

Why the heck would I go back 20 years? To find out what regarding NHL 2019? Time to move on you too, I've heard that Jim Carey analogy like 1000 times, don't you have anything else left in your tank? Like current examples?

Some beat reporters have passed that info, everyone can believe what they want. It has for LONG been crystal clear to EVERY sane person that Allstarnyk can't handle this many games. Everyone but the allstar himself and that puppet BB. Now he's even playing back-to-backs. Well didn't that work out nicely, 3 goals out of 7 shots and with .571 he rode to sunset...

Wow.  Sorry bud.  Didn't mean to make you have a conniption fit.  

The 1000 time Jim Carey thing isn't an analogy, it's real life.

Deep breath, it's only a game and it'll all be OK.  Just like the Manny Lovers and Haters, it will all pass...

• 2 weeks later...

Wild management never put trust in Kuemper. That can be said for a lot of Wild players they get, try to use for a bit but the long and short of it all is it puts doubt in a players mind along with instability. That causes question and doubt which weighs heavy; causes too much burden. And that creates a lack of confidence.

I laugh at the "I told you so" folks who told us so and are constantly proven wrong then try to defend their opinion.

6 hours ago, rottenrefs said:

Wild management never put trust in Kuemper. That can be said for a lot of Wild players they get, try to use for a bit but the long and short of it all is it puts doubt in a players mind along with instability. That causes question and doubt which weighs heavy; causes too much burden. And that creates a lack of confidence.

I laugh at the "I told you so" folks who told us so and are constantly proven wrong then try to defend their opinion.

Wild management never put trust in Kuemper because his play never gave them reason to think they could.

He was a bit of a headcase as well if I remember correctly, had a few really bad outings.

2 hours ago, sweetshot said:

Wild management never put trust in Kuemper because his play never gave them reason to think they could.

He was a bit of a headcase as well if I remember correctly, had a few really bad outings.

Just about every player here has worse outings in a Wild sweater than wherever else they play. Why do you think that is?

16 hours ago, sweetshot said:

Honestly, go look at their stats. Kuempers GAA and S % are not much different then Dubnyks. This is based on Kuempers stats with us versus Dubnyks with us.

Kuemper had a career 2.53 GAA and .9106 Save % with us.

Dubnyk has a career 2.28 GAA and .9214 Save % with us.

It's not like there is a big difference. And not to say Dubnyk isn't a head case is kind of turning a blind eye. To allow some of the worst goals in is a head issue. Also Dubnyk gets pretty chippy easily. Last night he should have been called for holding on the guy that got a goalie interference. It wasn't like that was the worst goalie interference either.

Not saying Kuempers could be trusted but if they couldn't trust him but Dubnyk is running pretty much the same stats then we should be looking for another goalie. Some things the Wild do are a head scratcher.

1 hour ago, EJ0226 said:

Honestly, go look at their stats. Kuempers GAA and S % are not much different then Dubnyks. This is based on Kuempers stats with us versus Dubnyks with us.

Kuemper had a career 2.53 GAA and .9106 Save % with us.

Dubnyk has a career 2.28 GAA and .9214 Save % with us.

It's not like there is a big difference. And not to say Dubnyk isn't a head case is kind of turning a blind eye. To allow some of the worst goals in is a head issue. Also Dubnyk gets pretty chippy easily. Last night he should have been called for holding on the guy that got a goalie interference. It wasn't like that was the worst goalie interference either.

Not saying Kuempers could be trusted but if they couldn't trust him but Dubnyk is running pretty much the same stats then we should be looking for another goalie. Some things the Wild do are a head scratcher.

I'm not a good enough typist to give the specifics regarding the goaltender situation then(would take me too long to post), but It wasn't a head scratcher at the time. Besides, that was CF's move--it's water under the bridge now...

2 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

What that head case should've done last night was to not give up that first goal. Soft.

Took the steam out of a few Wild players.

If 1 goal does that, even if it is a softie, Then those players shouldn't be on the ice.

By now they should be used to it (being down 1 ) 

No excuse for that mentality.

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 10:28 PM, rottenrefs said:

Just about every player here has worse outings in a Wild sweater than wherever else they play. Why do you think that is?

Because when we trade for a player or sign a free agent, they are usually close to or past their prime and their level of play declines because of wear and tear, age etc. But I don't recall the NHL ever being littered with a bunch of ex-Wild players who are having great seasons elsewhere after spending time with the Wild.

Kuemper was a young player new to the NHL while with the Wild who it appears finally grew up--he's a decent goalie but he's not exactly going to contend for the Vezina.

This, and also the possibility of other being better than us. For example Niederreiter playing with Aho is a much better pair than anything the Wild could have achieved, when he was still playing for us.

5 hours ago, sweetshot said:

Because when we trade for a player or sign a free agent, they are usually close to or past their prime and their level of play declines because of wear and tear, age etc. But I don't recall the NHL ever being littered with a bunch of ex-Wild players who are having great seasons elsewhere after spending time with the Wild.

Kuemper was a young player new to the NHL while with the Wild who it appears finally grew up--he's a decent goalie but he's not exactly going to contend for the Vezina.

True, but many players who leave here are given better chances, play more and often play with more confidence.

18 hours ago, sweetshot said:

I'm not a good enough typist to give the specifics regarding the goaltender situation then(would take me too long to post), but It wasn't a head scratcher at the time. Besides, that was CF's move--it's water under the bridge now...

At the time I understand why. I mean now though. If Darcy wasn't good enough with his stats even though Dubnyk is literally a hair better then why haven't any of the GMs been going after another goalie. That's my head scratcher I am talking about.

Do not remember which team (probably Flyers) tried 7 different goalies during the season by looking for the best one (Hart). St.Louis found a good one ( Binnington) which helped to improve significantly their stats as well their standings.

In reality, The only fair comparison between Kuemper and Dubnyk would be if they were on the same team/same time and have played somewhat close amount of games.

Take all the 'decent' goalies out there and I think they tend to have a 2-3 good season clump of their best play.

Dubnyk's is probably coming off his and maybe Kuemper is starting his.

21 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

If 1 goal does that, even if it is a softie, Then those players shouldn't be on the ice.

By now they should be used to it (being down 1 ) 

No excuse for that mentality.

Chuck, don't kill the messenger! ... Yeah, the mentality/attitude is garbage because:

• you're fighting for a playoff spot,
  • you meet a team fighting for it too,
  • on paper you have a stronger squad
  • you play on road where you have a better record than at home the whole season

You lose 0-4. Can't make this **** up.

But in the long run that was a good loss.

52 minutes ago, Hockey-78 said:

Chuck, don't kill the messenger! ...

But in the long run that was a good loss.

😄

Agreed, As much as you should always try to get into the PO's, This season especially the last 2 months you might as well rip off the bandaid and bleed out. Making the PO's would only hurt any progress in changing this team.

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 4:30 AM, rottenrefs said:

True, but many players who leave here are given better chances, play more and often play with more confidence.

Many? Every team misses on a player or 2.  Tradewise I can think of Nino.

We didn't give him the same chance Carolina could because we didn't have a player as good as Aho to put him with, which is why he is playing with more confidence(or is he playing the same way he was here except with Aho he's just getting setup more often).

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 9:33 AM, EJ0226 said:

At the time I understand why. I mean now though. If Darcy wasn't good enough with his stats even though Dubnyk is literally a hair better then why haven't any of the GMs been going after another goalie. That's my head scratcher I am talking about.

There was more to that situation than just a broad look at stats. Keumper was extremely inconsistent from start to start--that doesn't show up in overall save % or GAA.. He had a GAA of 3.13 and a save % of .902 the season we let him go. And he had an attitude problem. It was NOT a head scratcher when the decision was made--he's obviously grown up since then.

Archived