Minnesota Wild vs New York Rangers, Saturday 3-16-19, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Megawild said:

La Panties just verified the Veteran Effect in the locker room.

:ermm:

1 hour ago, bbgarnett said:

yup he said the same exact thing last game too.

The Loser Effect of the long-time veterans.  Just keep them away from the young guys and the rebuild and we MAY be ok in a couple years.  

Better effort tonight.  This begs the question - how can the effort vary SO drastically one game to the next?  I get that results vary, but effort shouldn’t.  We have too many vets that are ‘going through the motions to collect a check.’  CL should start getting bitter in signing their large checks and tell Fenton to move them out any way possible - a novice can see this. They can also ‘pollute the younger players.’  I am surprised that there isn’t younger player disgust with vets like Suter playing just to cash a check - maybe Folignos comments are due to this undercurrent.  

Nice touch by Foligno giving the last goal to Brown. I also think this game's effort is a direct consequence of Foligno speaking out about the lack of effort. This is real leadership. How the old guard takes Foligno's leadership remains to be seen.

15 hours ago, Megawild said:

the "Dewbs flub".

You should copyright that term. 😅

10 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

Nice touch by Foligno giving the last goal to Brown. I also think this game's effort is a direct consequence of Foligno speaking out about the lack of effort. This is real leadership. How the old guard takes Foligno's leadership remains to be seen.

If for some reason Foligno isn't with the team next season, That would be why. (Unless he asks to leave) ;) 

Any Coach and team for that matter would love a guy with this heart and fortitude to speak up.

I liked to hear him say He'd only has been in the PO's once and he wants to get there again now.

Our "Old guard" are more like ...Yeah, Been there.... We're not good enough to get anywhere soooo, Let's not this year.

On 3/17/2019 at 4:32 PM, Tomdog said:

Let's all keep in mind that the rangers were reported to have made it to the hotel at 3 am after playing Winnipeg.

So did the wild have jump or was NY just dead?

Yeah plus they were already out of contention. They are and were just going through the motions. Why some value these kind of wins so highly at this time of year, I don't get it.

1 hour ago, Hockey-78 said:

Yeah plus they were already out of contention. They are and were just going through the motions. Why some value these kind of wins so highly at this time of year, I don't get it.

There are many who will always look for the positive.

I like to see the positive, but I am also a realist.

19 hours ago, Tomdog said:

There are many who will always look for the positive.

I like to see the positive, but I am also a realist.

So am I,  admittedly not thinking so positively as you are.

The positives were there in the Bolts win. Not so much in here IMO.

Archived