This 3 in 4 is where I hope attention is payed

mojo1917

16 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

The question is, how many egos would be bent out of shape if you were to divide ice time evenly amongst all four lines. That I think would be the biggest problem in this equation. Guys wouldn't get the playing time they're used to, there's good chances they won't hit scoring bonuses, they'd miss out on All Star games and status, so that would also take a hit to the wallet. Plus you've got the fans that are paying big bucks to see the best players and the best players are getting the same ice time as a fourth line player is getting. That would be a huge problem.

If they win the fans won't GAF. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well Flyers have their 3rd line LW for next year.

https://twitter.com/FlyersPucck/status/1110212273778364416/photo/1

Not necessarily... it just means he will play in the AHL and not college. I hope he makes the Flyers on merit, but if he doesn't, ain't nothing wrong with having him and Frosty building some chemistry in LHV as they work towards being called up for good.

LW is kinda stacked right now - G, Lindblom, JVR. 

25 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well Flyers have their 3rd line LW for next year.

https://twitter.com/FlyersPucck/status/1110212273778364416/photo/1

Glad they signed him.  Don't have to worry about losing him.

Better start working out on those arms.  However, as one man once said, "'you can't bench press a puck into the net."

1 hour ago, brelic said:

Not necessarily... it just means he will play in the AHL and not college. I hope he makes the Flyers on merit, but if he doesn't, ain't nothing wrong with having him and Frosty building some chemistry in LHV as they work towards being called up for good.

LW is kinda stacked right now - G, Lindblom, JVR. 

We'll see. Let it play out.

I'm betting he makes the team from his ability to score alone.

3rd line would be a perfect start and the PK more than likely once he proves himself.

1 hour ago, vis said:

Glad they signed him.  Don't have to worry about losing him.

Better start working out on those arms.  However, as one man once said, "'you can't bench press a puck into the net."

Exactly he will be the best pure sniper on the team till they add someone else this kid can score.

And the Flyers need scorers something bad.

12 minutes a night night will be a good start for him the only thing bad though is it might bump Oskar down to the 4th.

It is what it is is why I said earlier in the year some of these kids better take advantage of this year because new skilled kids are coming.

Guys like NAK, Vorobyev, Vecchione and Laberge will feel the heat this next camp.

Ratcliffe, Frost, Allison, Strome and Lacynski are coming space is limited.

Snooze ya lose.

20 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

12 minutes a night night will be a good start for him the only thing bad though is it might bump Oskar down to the 4th.

Think he gets in any games before the end of the season or is that a bit of a stretch?

1 minute ago, vis said:

Think he gets in any games before the end of the season or is that a bit of a stretch?

He could and it won't cost him a year of his entry level contract because he signed a ATO and his entry level won't start till next year.

But I wonder if he won't go to the Phantoms because they are fighting for the playoffs too and can use all the help they can get.

Guess we'll see soon.

17 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

We'll see. Let it play out.

I'm betting he makes the team from his ability to score alone.

3rd line would be a perfect start and the PK more than likely once he proves himself.

Absolutely - no harm in letting it play out in camp. 

That being said, I've switched my mindset from "waiting for kids" to "bringing in talent". To expect Farabee or Frost to come in and produce right away is not a good strategy. 

*If* we were still in Hextall's slooooow build process, sure. We wait, and watch the team, warts and all, as they try and figure it out. That has meant very little playoff action, and when it happened, it was pretty hard to watch. In fact, that's exactly what "letting them figure it out" looks like - this hot mess of a team we've seen over the past 4-5 years.

But based on what Scott, Homer, and Fletch have said, that's not the MO anymore. It's not good enough.

I think they will focus on bringing in talent in the offseason - which likely includes trading away a mix of veterans, young roster players, picks, and/or prospects - rather than waiting and hoping beyond hope that the young unproven players can come up and contribute enough right away to make the Flyers a playoff team.

They have $30M in cap space, an aging core, a very young and erratic blueline, and are weak down the middle and on RW. They expressed wanting to spend to the cap. To me, that means some bold moves over the summer.

They won't accept another season like this one.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

He could and it won't cost him a year of his entry level contract because he signed a ATO and his entry level won't start till next year.

But I wonder if he won't go to the Phantoms because they are fighting for the playoffs too and can use all the help they can get.

Guess we'll see soon.

Maybe both?  Yes, he's probably more of a help to the Phantoms at this point.

2 minutes ago, brelic said:

They won't accept another season like this one.

God I hope not I can't stand another one.

3 minutes ago, brelic said:

But based on what Scott, Homer, and Fletch have said, that's not the MO anymore. It's not good enough.

Th main reason I think is they are looking around the league and teams are letting some of the kids play and work through the transition issues that will come with it.

Hextall was afraid of that and over protective to an extent as in a bad way.

Guess we'll see what they have planned going forward into the offseason.

And with money to burn I expect them to peruse a guy like Panarin instead of just letting the Isles and Rangers battle it out for his services.

6 minutes ago, vis said:

It ain't looking good for either to be honest LV is 8 points behind Hershey for the last spot in the Atlantic right now.

So who knows maybe they let him play with the Flyers.

Whatever is best for the kid is what I want.

10 minutes ago, vis said:

In that story, Farabee said to be nursing a small injury and will likely report to #LVPhantoms on ATO for the duration of the season if/when he's healthy.

1 hour ago, vis said:

This team just has no life in them it seems.

Please for the love of God callup some talent to help in the bottom 6.

Give NAK a shot that kid is ready and he may bring some fire because good lawd Varone, Knight and Bailey ain't get shat done...

7 games left WTF not?

They might use him on the 4th next year at least to start.

3 hours ago, vis said:

How’s that?

I think its Better just to let him sit til camp.

He’ll be a pro somewhere next year whether it’s the Flyers or someone else.  

Phantoms aren’t getting in either.  

4 hours ago, King Knut said:

How’s that?

Maybe “help” isn’t the right word.  Think he may get more significant minutes with Phantoms - and thus contribute more.  Looks like he’s hurt anyway.  May not get a lot of time wherever he lands.

9 minutes ago, vis said:

Maybe “help” isn’t the right word.  Think he may get more significant minutes with Phantoms - and thus contribute more.  Looks like he’s hurt anyway.  May not get a lot of time wherever he lands.

You may be right about the minutes, but 

I just think after the year he had last year, it would be unwise to toss him into anything full tilt right now regardless of his health. 

Practice and train with the pro team.  That’s fine.  

12 hours ago, King Knut said:

You may be right about the minutes, but 

I just think after the year he had last year, it would be unwise to toss him into anything full tilt right now regardless of his health. 

Practice and train with the pro team.  That’s fine.  

Yeah, didn't realize he had a recent injury.  No need to play him.  Just being in a pro team environment is sufficient.

Archived