Game 73: Canadiens at Flyers: 3/19/19 @ 7

Howie58

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Not sure if you went to the game last night, but if i told you beforehand you went the Flyers goalie was going to post a 943% and they would actually SCORE a power play goal and not TAKE one penalty and give the Canadians a power play, block 22 shots and win 53% in the face off circle and get 33 shots on goal...you would have been sure you were going to see a decisive win right????

Nope only the Flyers of 2018-19 can find a way to lose that type a game to the team they are trying to catch.

I wasn't there as I was taking my son to a power skating class...but that is irrelevant as you make a great point and yeah I would have taken the bet that we would win such a game based on the stats alone :bonkingheadonwall:

58 minutes ago, Poulin20 said:

I wasn't there as I was taking my son to a power skating class...but that is irrelevant as you make a great point and yeah I would have taken the bet that we would win such a game based on the stats alone :bonkingheadonwall:

I really think this group has some deep seeded mental issues.

They have to find a way to exercise those demons this offseason.

It's playoffs or bust next year for this group Giroux and Jake are not getting any younger.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

It's playoffs or bust next year for this group Giroux and Jake are not getting any younger.

This will be seven years without a playoff series win.  With league parity, and this team's history and finances, that record is appalling. Fletcher and the Brain Trust had better do some hard thinking about the Flyers' ability to compete.  Maybe the prospects aren't as good as people believe. 

22 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

This will be seven years without a playoff series win.  With league parity, and this team's history and finances, that record is appalling. Fletcher and the Brain Trust had better do some hard thinking about the Flyers' ability to compete.  Maybe the prospects aren't as good as people believe. 

And in that time they have went through Lavi,  Berube, Hakstol and Gordon.

And still mediocrity runs wild within this club. When do we see change???

Only one guy has been here through all of those coaches and is still here....

25 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Only one guy has been here through all of those coaches and is still here...

There is one player who comes to mind, along with a certain trainer.....

Archived