Minnesota Wild @ Carolina Hurricanes, Saturday 3-23-19, 6:00pm, PNC Arena

MNSOTA

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Were The State of Hockey but they must think were the State of Dumb if they feel the need to tell us which Staal Brother scored for which team. I know there doing it for there own Benefit so they can keep track  who plays for which team and all but still couldn't they just keep that to themselves. Also I know I know bye bye IQ points.

Just now, bbgarnett said:

Were The State of Hockey but they must think were the State of Dumb if they feel the need to tell us which Staal Brother scored for which team. I know there doing it for there own Benefit so they can keep track  who plays for which team and all but still couldn't they just keep that to themselves. Also I know I know bye bye IQ points.

I am continually amazed how they find new ways to enhance their idiocy.

Carolina Storms By the Wild in 5-1 Victory

The Slam dunk after the game wasn't the ugliest part of this one.  Turnovers were constant as the Wild seemed incredibly fatigued and never really pushed the Hurricanes all that much this evening.  Bitetto is a turnover machine.  Can't say I expect them to be much more energetic on Monday when they face what will probably be an ornery Nashville team.  I have a full game recap, Iowa Wild highlights and prospect news too.  Enjoy...

2 hours ago, MNSOTA said:

Is this season officially over now?

I think it is almost over. We lost a crucial game tonight , no one was really able to step up - not from the veterans side as well as not from the youngsters side. Practically , through the entire season we had only 2 short sparks of the consistent competitive drive for our team - at the beginning of the season and after the trade time. The rest of the season was very inconsistent in goaltending, defense and scoring. One single player who really brought my attention was Ryan Donato - in 16 games - 4 goals and 11 assists -so far the best rookie in NHL after the trade time according to NHL stats.  

2 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Carolina Storms By the Wild in 5-1 Victory

The Slam dunk after the game wasn't the ugliest part of this tone.  Turnovers were constant as the Wild seemed incredibly fatigued and never really pushed the Hurricanes all that much this evening.  Bitetto is a turnover machine.  Can't say I expect them to be much more energetic on Monday when they face what will probably be an ornery Nashville team.  I have a full game recap, Iowa Wild highlights and prospect news too.  Enjoy...

Thanks LIG also for posting highlights of the Iowa Wild team last game. You are right - the unassisted Sokolov's goal from end to end  at the 2nd minute and 57th second of that highlight was a beauty!

Bitetto Pateryn +/- -3. Zucker turning pucks over. There's a lot of dead weight on the team. When Fletcher protected Dumba during VGK expansion I thought that at least we have a deep defence. It turns out that at the end of this season we seem to have only Spurgeon left as a good d-man. Others basically fill the gaps. And the thing with even Spurgeon is that his size makes him a risky player to keep in the long run. He might have problems compensating for his size once age starts to slow him down. I sure hope there's some great defensemen growing up in Iowa. If not, we'll be the Chiarelli era Edmonton Oilers in no time.

2 hours ago, Alexandron said:

One single player who really brought my attention was Ryan Donato - in 16 games - 4 goals and 11 assists -so far the best rookie in NHL after the trade time according to NHL stats.  

According to those same stats this is his 3rd season.

2 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

And the thing with even Spurgeon is that his size makes him a risky player to keep in the long run. He might have problems compensating for his size once age starts to slow him down.

This is his 9th season. Some said the same thing 9 years ago. How long of a run you're thinking of?

He's a fine D-man, I'd leave him out of magnifying crap glass.

6 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

This is his 9th season. Some said the same thing 9 years ago. How long of a run you're thinking of?

He's a fine D-man, I'd leave him out of magnifying crap glass.

If the Wild was a contender I'd keep him if I had to sign a pact with the devil, inked with the blood of my own children. He's the only exemplary vet we have. On the other hand, he's thirty this year. He's not going to be Spurgeon anymore, when the Wild is next going have a window of opportunity open. His trade value could be at the optimum maybe next season or the season after that. If somebody made a good offer it should be considered to free some money and TOI for prospects. A lot would depend on Spurgeon's leadership and mentoring capabilities. If he is good at those, he should be kept to pass his mentality and knowhow to the prospects. If I consider his leadership capabilities so far, he's been too quiet to my liking. Should he take that challenge head on and start speaking out Foligno style despite possibly stepping on  Suter's skates there, I would love to keep him. Otherwise as Fenton I would be open to any GOOD trade suggestions.

After reading yet another post game review from a loss on the second half of a back to back I have to conclude this team has to be one of the worst conditioned teams in the league. 

Always lose because of fatigue. I watch other teams play the second game of a back to back and some teams show it but the wild are far and away the worst. 

Archived