2019 NHL Entry Draft - Flyers Edition

pilldoc

If available at #11, who should the Flyers Draft ? Trade?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Flyers trade their #11 overall pick?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only for the right deal.
  2. 2. If the Flyers Keep the pick, If available at #11, who should the Flyers Draft ?

• Cozens, Dylan Lethbridge WHL C
    • Podkolzin, Vasily St. Petersburg KHL LW
    • Boldy, Matthew USA U18 NTDP LW
    • Krebs, Peyton Winnipeg WHL C
    • Caufield, Cole USA U18 NTDP RW
    • Zegras, Trevor USA U18 NTDP C
    • Dach, Kirby Saskatoon WHL C
    • York, Cam USA U18 NTDP LD
    • Newhook, Alex Victoria BCHL C
    • Soderstrom, Victor Brynas SweJE LD
    • Lavoie, Raphael Halifax QMJHL C
    • Broberg, Philip AIK IF SweAl LD
    • Seider, Moritz Mannheimer GerE RD
    • OTHER CHOICE

Dear Hockey Powers That Be,

This is just a plea from the tormented fans of the HF.net Flyers community. Please let the ping pong balls fall our way Tuesday night.  Please let us win the draft lottery and the 1st overall pick or at least #2 as a consolation prize.  Please give us a ray of hope in a dark world clouded by the evil overlords known as the FO. Please bless us with a solid head coach to run the team. Please don't let our vanilla GM do something stupid this offseason.  That is all .......

[âIMG]

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Good Post 1

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

Dear Hockey Powers That Be,

This is just a plea from the tormented fans of the HF.net Flyers community. Please let the ping pong balls fall our way Tuesday night.  Please let us win the draft lottery and the 1st overall pick or at least #2 as a consolation prize.  Please give us a ray of hope in a dark world clouded by the evil overlords known as the FO. Please bless us with a solid head coach to run the team. Please don't let our vanilla GM do something stupid this offseason.  That is all .......

[âIMG]

Never hurts to beg...

8 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wow the Devils again. And the Rangers #2.

And the Flyers slide back to the 3rd....terrible news. Just trade the damn pick.

11th.

I will never buy the legitimacy of this process.

• Good Post 1

I'm fine with 11. There's ALWAYS good players that fall and questionable players that ALWAYS rise. Out of the forwards, I'm expecting Boldy, Turcotte, or Krebs to fall. The Flyers are going to get a very good player (I'm hoping for Boldy to be honest). The Flyers don't need to do anything crazy and everything that Fletcher has done so far has indicated he's not going to go crazy. Aggressive? Yes, but not crazy. He'll make big offers to one of the UFA defensemen and forwards, but he's not going to make a deal for the sake of making a deal. He could have done that during the regular season. The only way he moves the pick is if he does manage to package it and a player and get a near elite right handed defender. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

50 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

11th.

I will never buy the legitimacy of this process.

Amen to that!  Crosby being awarded to Pittsburgh (with a secret lottery) after they threatened to leave sealed the deal

for me.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I'm fine with 11. There's ALWAYS good players that fall and questionable players that ALWAYS rise. Out of the forwards, I'm expecting Boldy, Turcotte, or Krebs to fall. The Flyers are going to get a very good player (I'm hoping for Boldy to be honest). The Flyers don't need to do anything crazy and everything that Fletcher has done so far has indicated he's not going to go crazy. Aggressive? Yes, but not crazy. He'll make big offers to one of the UFA defensemen and forwards, but he's not going to make a deal for the sake of making a deal. He could have done that during the regular season. The only way he moves the pick is if he does manage to package it and a player and get a near elite right handed defender. 

Wise post.   I mean, I'm okay with 11 and was kind of expecting it.   And there are good players to be had there.

I don't like the process of the lottery, though.   I'm fine with the concept.  I don't trust the legitimacy.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Honestly, I'm a bit more irritated with what the Debbies and the Rags will get out of this.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

Honestly, I'm a bit more irritated with what the Debbies and the Rags will get out of this.

Agree... the odds of the Debs winning it again just has that putrid rotten smell of NY to it.  

Do you guys truly believe it's a conspiracy, or is that just your frustration?

Steph Driver summed it up quite depressingly.

Metro division

Playoff bound - Caps, Pens, Isles, Jackets, Canes

Lottery winners - Devils 1st, Rangers 2nd

Merely existing - Flyers

11 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

great post and agreed...   

I feel like karma was not on the Flyers side after this shitshow of a season :)

57 minutes ago, brelic said:

Do you guys truly believe it's a conspiracy, or is that just your frustration?

Steph Driver summed it up quite depressingly.

Metro division

Playoff bound - Caps, Pens, Isles, Jackets, Canes

Lottery winners - Devils 1st, Rangers 2nd

Merely existing - Flyers

sadly, I believe that is exactly where this organization is....