2019 NHL Entry Draft - Flyers Edition

pilldoc

If available at #11, who should the Flyers Draft ? Trade?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Flyers trade their #11 overall pick?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only for the right deal.
  2. 2. If the Flyers Keep the pick, If available at #11, who should the Flyers Draft ?

• Cozens, Dylan Lethbridge WHL C
    • Podkolzin, Vasily St. Petersburg KHL LW
    • Boldy, Matthew USA U18 NTDP LW
    • Krebs, Peyton Winnipeg WHL C
    • Caufield, Cole USA U18 NTDP RW
    • Zegras, Trevor USA U18 NTDP C
    • Dach, Kirby Saskatoon WHL C
    • York, Cam USA U18 NTDP LD
    • Newhook, Alex Victoria BCHL C
    • Soderstrom, Victor Brynas SweJE LD
    • Lavoie, Raphael Halifax QMJHL C
    • Broberg, Philip AIK IF SweAl LD
    • Seider, Moritz Mannheimer GerE RD
    • OTHER CHOICE

Looking at the picks yesterday, I'd say the 7th round pick of Bryce Brodzinsky could be a steal.  

Racked up 76 points (32g, 44a) in 23 games at the high school level this season and 17 points (7g, 10a) in the USHL and more impressively he was named Mr. Hockey Award (best high school player in Minnesota) this past season.

Here is a list of recent Mr. Hockey recipients.

Year Recipient School
2019 Bryce Brodzinski Blaine
2018 Sammy Walker Edina
2017 Casey Mittelstadt Eden Prairie
2016 Riley Tufte Blaine
2015 Jake Jaremko Elk River
2014 Avery Peterson Grand Rapids
2013 Grant Besse Benilde-St. Margaret's
2012 Justin Kloos Lakeville South
2011 Kyle Rau Eden Prairie
2010 Nick Bjugstad Blaine
2009 Nick Leddy[1] Eden Prairie
2008 Aaron Ness[2] Roseau
2007 Ryan McDonagh[1] Cretin-Derham Hall
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

By the way, the Wild board is largely complaining about betting Boldy.  The Flyers should experience such misfortune! 

That's because the Wild has zero depth at center (Kunin) and is loaded with left wings (Zucker, Fiala, Donato, Greenway, Parise, Aberg, Foligno). We were hoping for Krebs or maybe Newhook...

58 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

That's because the Wild has zero depth at center (Kunin) and is loaded with left wings (Zucker, Fiala, Donato, Greenway, Parise, Aberg, Foligno). We were hoping for Krebs or maybe Newhook...

Yeah, i think that's justified.  You do need to start moving on centers. The Flyers actually have too many left wingers to justify drafting him. 

On the other hand, I think he probably turns out better than anyone on that list not named Parise. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ruxpin said:

But I think I previously read on this board that they're possibly not going to be able to sign some of their Scandinavian defensemen.

I don't think they will have a problem with them it's just they have to sign them at the end of next season or lose their rights....Hogberg and Bernhardt that is. With their current lack of depth on the Phantoms i can't see that happening.

They only have Brennan, Friedman, Willcox and Schlemko under contract now.

And should be adding Zamula, Ginning, Wylie and possibly Kalynuk (jr yr)and St. Ivany (so yr) if they don't go back to school.

But this upcoming year Brennan and Willcox aren't signed beyond and Friedman will be headed to the NHL.

So you have:

Zamula - Ginning

Wylie - Kalynuk?

St.Ivany? - Hogberg

Bernhardt

Wylie and St. Ivany would be your only right hand shots.

And any vet they decide to add. So right now a whole lot of questions. 

6 hours ago, ruxpin said:

By the way, the Wild board is largely complaining about betting Boldy.  The Flyers should experience such misfortune! 

Meh, Boldy isn't a horrific selection but our team needs centers for the future.  We'll see how he turns out.  I don't really HATE the pick like I did last year with Filip Johansson.  But if you want to try to sell us on it, don't waste your time. 

Bryce Brodzinski was pretty much invisible this year at the State Tournament.  He had good high school numbers but he racked up a lot of points against inferior teams.  I'll be surprised if he's as dominant at the college level as his older brothers.  

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well they just drafted 3 RWs to help even it out....

Yeah, but I'm glad about that because we were deficient on that side.  Given the heavy defense and right wing picks, they're not going to sell me on the lie that they took BPA.  I'm actually okay with the mix (or lack of) this draft, but just don't insult out intelligence, Fletch. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Someone here i guess smarter than me tells me what this even means...

#lost

First and last names start with the same letter. There's at least 4 of them, possibly 5, that the Flyers drafted this year. 

23 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

First and last names start with the same letter. There's at least 4 of them, possibly 5, that the Flyers drafted this year. 

Indeed. Can't wait until 2029 when we draft Anthony Aardvark Adelaide from the Australian league. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Yeah, but I'm glad about that because we were deficient on that side.

Especially if Wade Allison doesn't want to sign and go somewhere else. Hopefully he doesn't. It would set them back.

• hf101 pinned this topic
  • pilldoc unpinned this topic