Wild vs. Predators 3/25/19 @ 7:00PM CST at the X

CreaseAndAssist

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just wondering if koivu's knee doesn't allow him to play if they could use that.

Does he have to be considered injured by a Dr or if he just play anymore can you use it

2 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

I was just wondering if koivu's knee doesn't allow him to play if they could use that.

Does he have to be considered injured by a Dr or if he just play anymore can you use it

The Wild would need a Dr report in order to put him on LTIR. They could go over the cap by $5M ( or whatever Koivu gets paid) But if Koivu ever wants to come back, then the Wild need to immediately get under the cap. That’s why a lot of teams don’t use it. 

1 minute ago, Tomdog said:

I think I have been wrong about Suter and his coasting to save energy for longer shifts.

Maybe he's trying to get a buy out for an early retirement!

Then he only gets 2/3 of his remaining salary. Why not just coast your way to a full payout. 

3 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

Then he only gets 2/3 of his remaining salary. Why not just coast your way to a full payout. 

Because it would be 2\3 rds for doing absolutely nothing.

I'm sure he's talked to the wilds other buy out babies and found out it's a pretty good gig if you can get it

17 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

Because it would be 2\3 rds for doing absolutely nothing.

I'm sure he's talked to the wilds other buy out babies and found out it's a pretty good gig if you can get it

That’s why I think it won’t be until 2022 that the Wild buy out 11 and 20. Capfriendly.com has a great buyout calculator that shows how their buyouts work. 

1 minute ago, Tomdog said:

It'll be interesting to see how many trades are made at draft time

Theres really no one left to trade, and picking up extra fifth round picks is about as exciting as a colonoscopy...

3 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

It'll be interesting to see how many trades are made at draft time

I'd hope many but some of the main guys that need to go can't AKA Suter, Koivu Staal Dubnyk so we'll probably trade nobody or trade guy's we shouldn't. Also very hard to trade guys that no one else would ever want.

Archived