Mike Smith penalty shot save on Gaborik best I have seen

Guest FlyersFan4Life

• 1 month later...

Just when Smith looks so invincible and so does Phoenix, wham. Back to Earth they crash vs Colombus and Calgary. They sure had the answer for Bryzgalov with Smith but is Smith a world class goalie? I say no. Good like Quick, not great like Miller or Lundquist.

@Miller Time

"Good like Quick, not great like Miller or Lundquist."

I am not so sure I would be saying "good like quick" when at current time it looks like Quick will be a front runner for the Vezina along with Lundqvist. Also, I personally don't think Miller is great. I think he had one exceptional year (Vezina / Olympics) and aside from that he has been good, not great.

@Miller Time

"Miller is great. He is the best. Period."

Another delusional Sabres fan. Third highest paid goalie in the NHL- but sure doesn't play like it. There are a minimum of 8 goalies I would take ahead of Miller. In no particular order:

Luongo

Schneider

Price

MAF

Quick

Rinne

Lundqvist

Thomas

Price as good as Miller? Laughable. And Lundquist is the only one on the list in his league. Maybe Luongo. None are as good. You cant blame Miller for the loss last night. And he rarely ever gets beat on break aways. He is the best break away goalie in the game and I will take him over anyone in a shootout.

@Miller Time

Yes- I would take a 24 y/o Price over a 31 y/o miller. Aside from Millers one exceptional year, he has done NOTHING. Price beats him in most things 5 out of 6 years. He is great at breakaways? He is the best? Do you have proof of that?

Breakaways are mostly meaningless when it comes to the playoffs (or even regular season). The fact that he is "so good at breakaways" only says how weak the Sabres are.

Miller is a GOOD goalie- not great. I put Price and those others that I listed better than him. It is an opinion. You may think he is great- but most think he is good to average and on the odd few nights, great.

Most do not agree with you. He is the best in the league. The Sabres are on the right path. Just wait until Darcy cashes in those draft picks. Not saying we can't win with what we have but we need to get someone to replace Stafford IMO. Price is no Miller. Hell, we have beaten them 7 of last 8 head on. If we don't have Miller we are in big trouble. There are a few teams that wish they had him. If he was in Detroit, just hand them the Cup. The Sabres will get better as they bond as a unit. They have a ton of talent.