Lebrun: Suter is Flyers' #1 target

Guest brelic

@Vincent05

i think you're right, it was the obligatory couple of draft picks, i remember being pretty excited about maybe having him play for us, he has a good shot and skates well, i thought he'd be solid for a long time.

i don't remember if DH stated publicliy about not signing here, what i remember was the agent saying he was hoping to play on the west coast.but i've slept since then...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We actually traded Ryan Parent for Hamhuis' rights and a conditional draft pick. When they were unable to sign him, they traded him to Pittsburgh for a 3rd round pick. Essentially, the Flyers traded Parent for a 3rd and a 7th, with the added bonus of taking that 3rd round pick from the Pens without them getting anything in return.

How do you figure?

Hartnell/G/Jagr

Voracek/Briere/Simmonds

Read/Schenn/Talbot

Z/Couturier/Rinaldo

Sestito/Holmstrom as 13th forwards

I like the lineup, but we cannot count on Jagr next season. Slide Read with G/Hartnell, monoboy with Talbot and Schenn, and backfill with another cheap grinder veteran UFA for PK, locker room leadership, and heart. Oh yeah, that will also save cap space since I hope Homer doesn't pay some 4th liner Jagr money.

Without JAGR the offense goes south, Has Homer forgotten about that 51 mil gaping hole in the Flyers end of the rink? Bobbo looks good now,BUT he looked last year,sinking into the sunset. Goal tending is important! Homer's history with Blue Light Specials in the spring are something we all look foward to,hasn't helped the club much,but is always entertaining. Keith Allen he is not.

Without JAGR the offense goes south, Has Homer forgotten about that 51 mil gaping hole in the Flyers end of the rink? Bobbo looks good now,BUT he looked last year,sinking into the sunset. Goal tending is important! Homer's history with Blue Light Specials in the spring are something we all look foward to,hasn't helped the club much,but is always entertaining. Keith Allen he is not.

If Jagr doesn't re-sign for another year, I'm sure we can pluck some one decent from UFA.

Bobrovsky wasn't used to playing anywhere near the amount of games he played last year. Some of us talked about him hitting a wall if Laviolette kept playing the heck out of him. He's more accustomed to it this year, and has played less games.

Without JAGR the offense goes south, Has Homer forgotten about that 51 mil gaping hole in the Flyers end of the rink? <acronym title='Bobrovsky'>Bobbo</acronym> looks good now,BUT he looked last year,sinking into the sunset. Goal tending is important! Homer's history with Blue Light Specials in the spring are something we all look foward to,hasn't helped the club much,but is always entertaining. Keith Allen he is not.

Without going into too much detail, because this isnt the thread for it, Bob was terribly mismanaged last season, and the entire team totally went to sh!t at the same time. Recipe for disaster 100% of the time. Bob should not bear much of the blame at all for that train wreck.

I don't think anyone here wants to throw away one of our prospects/rookies for just a rental of Suter. IMO, i think any trade for Suter would be only if we're sure we can sign him to a contract.

-thinking like this is what gets homer in trouble. the only way homer can get the guy he wants before he hits the market is to dangle a 7 year deal with a no trade clause. that's homer as a gm in a nutshell. that's fine if all you care about is getting the guy you want and not letting him sign with someone else, but realistically that's what gets us into cap trouble. this makes it impossible to move pieces around when the only guys that can be traded are 4th liners and 5/6 defenseman who don't really effect the cap anyway.