Wild vs. Coyotes 3/31/19 @ 4:00PM CST at Gila River Arena

CreaseAndAssist

Wild Playoff Hopes Die (pretty much) in 4-0 loss to Arizona

Hardly surprising.  Right from the drop of the puck the Wild looked a little tired and not everyone was on board with giving everything they have in order to win.  The Coyotes looked more desperate and wanted it more.  The Wild were soft at the worst times and in the high traffic areas and squandered a number of chances.  We make Josh Archibald and Darcy Kuemper look like a stud.  Suter tries to join the rush for no reason...then is caught way up ice that leads to Archibald's gamebreaking goal late in the 2nd period.  Pathetic...I can't wait until this season is over.  I have a full recap, Iowa Wild highlights and prospect news too...

Just amazing. At this point is there anybody that believes Suter cares and is trying? He's so mentally far away from the game that I am even surprised he even gets to the arena! But this roster is done. We need to clear house of all the core. ******* can't even do that as CL was fine anchoring this team to two guys that were never elite players. Still 6 more years folks. Six more years of the franchise worshipping the ground these two walk on. 6 more years of these guys eating all the big TOI and key moments to only be let down again. This franchise really could be deep in a hole unless they start treating these guys like a red headed step child they are and focus on the youth and developing them. I hope sales fall big time at the beginning of next season to show CL that us fans are sick of his piss poor decisions.

52 minutes ago, Oregonwildfan said:

I hope they keep Boudreau, not his fault the teams loaded with veteran slugs. 

Agreed, hope  that they will keep Boudreau. Smart coach, but not his fault that the modified team is not able to score. Those team's sporadic efforts are not enough through the entire season. Goals are matter more than efforts, which we had a huge lack. The team suffered already from 9 shutouts (6 on a home ice and 3 on a road) out of 79 games. Kind of a lot and means a lot!

8 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

Kuemper seems to be enjoying this PO push with the Yotes and should be motivated to beat us.

Will the Wild use what they know about Kuemper to their advantage...even tho 1/2 the team is different since he was here.

Dusted off an 'oldie' pic of Darcy.

Wild Darcy.jpg

LMAO!!!!  Hadn't seen that one before!

3 hours ago, Jimtown guy said:

538F327F-B477-4F00-9CA0-D76BFD3D15C9.png

I see Suter going down the toilet there. +/- -3 again. The first shift, skates so slowly, that he is constantly either stripped of the puck or struggling against it. Seeing that first shift made clear that if we win it's despite of him, not because of him. I suspect he is this slow because of the injury. He probably hindered his recovery by coming back too soon and he was slow before the injury. Now it's six more years watching Grandma wobbling on the ice. The organisation should have stopped him from shooting himself in the foot by playing with an injured leg. What's more I am sure the other teams have scouted the thing and take advantage of our Achilles heel.

I really hope to see as much player change as at the deadline this summer.

Pateryn, Brown, Aberg ....Bye Bye

Zucker ??...Every play he touches fails but I'm giving him a chance to right his ship after his big contract hangover.

,,,,,game over.jpg

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 11:47 PM, lynxrattle said:

I see Suter going down the toilet there. +/- -3 again. The first shift, skates so slowly, that he is constantly either stripped of the puck or struggling against it. Seeing that first shift made clear that if we win it's despite of him, not because of him. I suspect he is this slow because of the injury. He probably hindered his recovery by coming back too soon and he was slow before the injury. Now it's six more years watching Grandma wobbling on the ice. The organisation should have stopped him from shooting himself in the foot by playing with an injured leg. What's more I am sure the other teams have scouted the thing and take advantage of our Achilles heel.

He was slowing down before the injury though. I am sure the injury isn't helping but it wasn't like he was speedy before and just all of a sudden slowed to almost a stop. He was slowing down before and becoming lazy defensively forcing his teammate that is paired with him to big up double the work load.

In 3 more years it's very possible a beach ball being blown by a fan on the ice will move faster then him.

For our sake I really wish Suter's slowness is at least partly caused by his TOI hogging, injury and bad conditioning. That would give us the faint hope that he would not achieve that beach ball velocity next season.

Six seasons to go...😓

While Suter has never been speedy I have seen bursts of "relative" speed.

I think most of his horrific slowness is just plain coasting.

The attitude of I can get the puck first and keep it is ingrained in his head.

What he forgets is that by the time he gets the puck his partner is covered, which is why he is always looking for the stretch pass.

If they could only make him realize that 20 really good minutes are better than 26 average minutes he might be worth his paycheck

Unless he changes his attitude, thinking he is still an AllStar that commands 26+ minutes, he will be an ever heavier millstone each season.  There is an unhealthy and unrealistic relationship between Suter and CL which demands a reversion to owner/player versus fan boy/player.  It is destructive to the team and coaching.  Suter is a #4 defensemen now that is way overpaid, and in the twilight of his career - if only he realized that, and we didn’t have 6 more years to suffer his ego.  I am guessing he will call CL at any hint of decreased line, minutes, or power play absence. Spurgeon, Dumba, and Brodin should see all PP, P.K., and OT, as well.  Suter’s relevamce is past tense. 

Archived