All Star Team

Guest WingNut722

All Star Ballot is out. Nick Lidstrom didn't make it, but Jimmy Howard did. How do you feel about that?

It's all a crock. It's laughable at this point. The NHL really needs to change the setup.

I wonder if the players actually care or not. Especially those that have been there before. Probably better to rest...

I know a lot's been said about the ALl Star game, but I still like it. The new draft style is interesting and the Super Skills is alwasy fun. While the game itself isn't as intense, I think a lot of the players still enjoy it.

@OzFlyer

I did hear that Lidstrom asked the NHL to leave him out and that's he drather be home with his family. Didn't hear that about Selanne, though.

@Digityman

Do you think you'd get a better experience if it was at the end of the season; Pro-Bowl style?

@WingNut722

Timonen had tickets to the islands but his oldest son is making him go. At 37yrs old, this might be his last one.

I don't think having it after the season would help either. The season is already to long in my mind (I'd like to see Nov-March for regular season).

If the AS game is going to be something worth while then there has to be something to play for.

Home ice advantage in the SCF? MLB does it and it seems to work.

If you did that maybe you wouldn't have fans voting in a starting lineup of Senators.

@WingNut722

Timonen had tickets to the islands but his oldest son is making him go. At 37yrs old, this might be his last one.

I don't think having it after the season would help either. The season is already to long in my mind (I'd like to see Nov-March for regular season).

If the AS game is going to be something worth while then there has to be something to play for.

If you did that maybe you wouldn't have fans voting in a starting lineup of Senators.

Home ice? By winning an allstar game? Pass.

Fans of the home team of the ASG (especially if it's a team unlikely to be in the finals) aren't going to stop stuffing the ballot box. Who cares, it's only a novelty anyway.

@WingNut722

That was the way before this mock draft. Now it's bit screwed up. I don't know how you would determine it with the draft. The draft is still new, and rather interesting, so I'm sure we'll be dealing with it for a few more years.