You are a guest user Click to join the site
News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Most Liked Posts in This Topic

Well it looks like you had your goalie.      Who doesn't?       Other than you....no.      They are. And they should.      There'll be a bidding war for his services I'm sure.      You've been saying this for a decade.
      The Sabres improved their goal differential by about 30 goals this season, over last year, after trading away their best two-way centre and replacing him with a guy that couldn't care less about the net in his own end of the ice. Unless Housley has disobeyed direct orders from management, I'd be surprised if he was canned.  
      Rearranging the deck chairs behind the bench annually is not a recipe for success.   I think a better question is whether a 25-30 goal, 75-80 point guy is worth $10M a year.   Because that's what Bill S. Preston, Esq. is making.
      The team improved, though. They cut their goal differential in half despite trading a stud two-way centre and bringing in a guy who can't spell defense, let alone play it. Perhaps YOU saw the playoffs as a reasonable goal, but if the Sabres did, then I think they were kidding themselves. I'd be surprised if they're greatly upset with Housley, so long as he didn't ignore direct orders from management.   This is what it can be like when you tank in an effort to get the 1st overall pick.
      He did not run Bergland out of town.  Bergland had no interest in playing.  And when he did play, his play showed that.    And t was your GM who traded for Tage Freakin Thompson.   So, let's review: The GM brings in a career backup who ONCE played more than 32 games/season. The GM trades one of the best 2-way centers in the league (with 77 pts. and led the league in faceoff wins) for a guy who quits his sport and goes away, Tage Freakin Thompson, and Sobotka (he of -20)

Game Room 1

Please enter your display name