Game 80: Flyers at Stars: 4/2/19 at 8:30

Howie58

Unsurprisingly, Dallas is the favorite:

https://sportsjaw.com/nhl/picks/1174956/philadelphia-flyers-vs-dallas-stars-prediction-2019-04-02/

Dallas has taken seven of the last eight points; Alexander Radulov is on a hot streak:

https://www.scoresandstats.com/previews/hockey/NHL/flyers-vs-stars-preview-and-predictions

Cam Talbot continues his audition for next year.  Hopefully the O and B are more motivated than last Sunday versus the Rangers. 

29 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

I'll be driving up to Dallas for the game.  Dallas only needs 1 point to clinch a playoff spot.  I hope the Flyers play spoilers tomorrow.

Greetings:

I hope you have a good game that's worth the drive.  You can give a bird's eye review. 

6 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Cam Talbot continues his audition for next year. 

And now it's sad you can't even judge his performance because the team in front of him couldn't' give a f**k less about playing a good game in front of him.

I wish they would use their remaining recalls on some kids i can't remember if they have one or two left.

I would love to see Friedman and at least NAK recalled to let them play. And when i say that i mean Friedman on the top pair and rest Ivan and NAK on the top line with some skill just to see them play.

However i know they want so once again a game no one will watch more than likely and i can't blame them.

I just hope everyone gets out healthy they don't need any senseless injuries this time of the year.

Projected Lines

FLYERS

25 James van Riemsdyk - 19 Nolan Patrick - 28 Claude Giroux 
23 Oskar Lindblom - 14 Sean Couturier - 93 Jake Voracek
38 Ryan Hartman - 21 Scott Laughton - 11 Travis Konecny
12 Michael Raffl - 10 Corban Knight - 44 Phil Varone/ 27 Justin Bailey

9 Ivan Provorov - 6 Travis Sanheim
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 61 Phil Myers
5 Sam Morin - 3 Radko Gudas

33 Cam Talbot
[37 Brian Elliott]

Scratches: 8 Robert Hägg (possible healthy scratch), 27 Justin Bailey or 44 Phil Varone (healthy), 47 Andrew MacDonald (healthy), 72 Carter Hart (healthy), 30 Michal Neuvirth (IR, lower body).

Stars

13 Mattias Janmark - 91 Tyler Seguin - 47 Alexander Radulov
14 Jamie Benn - 24 Roope Hintz - 16 Jason Dickinson
17 Andrew Cogliano- 12 Radek Faksa - 15 Blake Comeau 
43 Valeri Nichushkin -- 90 Jason Spezza -- 18 Tyler Pitlick

23 Esa Lindell - 3 John Klingberg
4 Miro Heiskanen - 45 Roman Polak
42 Taylor Fedun - 21 Ben Lovejoy

35 Anton Khudobin
[41 Landon Bow]

Scratches: 2 Jamie Oleksiak (healthy), 6 Julius Honka (healthy), 11 Martin Hanzal (IR, back), 25 Brett Ritchie (hand), 28 Stephen Johns (suspected post-concussion syndrome), 30 Ben Bishop (lower body), 33 Marc Methot (IR, left knee surgery), 36 Mats Zuccarello (broken arm), 37 Justin Dowling (upper body), 38 Joel L'Esperance (healthy).

8 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

3-1 stars, Nichushkin with 2 goals since i just read he has 0 goals on the season. neither one of these goals will be an ENG. look for the trade for him come July. 

🤬

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/flyers/after-missing-playoffs-its-fair-ask-whats-flyers-standard

On this point. Lots of folks talking about leadership around here.

the Flyers have been a hockey team that will be drafting a lottery pick for the fourth time in seven years during which they have cycled through four different head coaches.

That should be an unacceptable standard to any CEO or GM, but it means very little if the leaders within the team don’t view it as completely intolerable.

And then take the hard, necessary steps to ensure it doesn’t happen again

1 hour ago, elmatus said:

it means very little if the leaders within the team don’t view it as completely intolerable.

And that my friend is the real root of the problem.

Forget all of what they say to the media it's all lip service.

Actions speaking louder than words.

Results are all that matter in the league.

Wins and points in the standings are the only real stats of any significance.

And at the end of the day these guys are still getting paid and will go into the offseason with the intentions of changing stuff but in reality it will be the same ol sh it...till someone this summer is sent packing.

And then MAYBE they may wake and take it seriously...it has to start somewhere.

AXE MAN COMETH!!!!

I have not seen Flyers team worst than this team. They are really bad. I told many time send away Giroux, he is useless pr.... He does not make anyone better, just good player. But he is not Flyer, all this to be Flyer left in 2010???

4 minutes ago, phlfly said:

I have not seen Flyers team worst than this team. They are really bad. I told many time send away Giroux, he is useless pr.... He does not make anyone better, just good player. But he is not Flyer, all this to be Flyer left in 2010???

Yeo have given them the Flyer patented 2-0 lead.

Terrible turnover by Ivan.

I hope he wouldn't make a play like that if there was something to lose.

Can't try that in the neutral zone with that little space.

This doesn't really show it.

Wow his first goal since december 3rd.

And Myers sleep at the wheel in front of the net because Hagg can't block a pass.

Get this season over.

Flyes have given up 5 unanswered goals so far. Man when they fold and pack it in they don't half step.

I may lose dinner when Talbot touches the puck. He makes me nervous.  

Radulov's goal was slick but jeepers, Talbot was slow to react.  I really hope this guy isn't our backup next year. 

15 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

On a good note we dropped a few spots in the standings.  I'm hoping to be in the bottom 10.

Normally, I would say, "yes, let's position us well for the draft" and agree with you 120 percent.  My fear is that the Flyers' brass will squander picks.  

Once again a game is lost with 5 terrible minutes of play.

Howie,

I understand your fear about squandering picks. We disagree about Pryor and Hextall, I thought they were  responsible for many of the quality finds in the pipeline. With Fletcher and the bald-man Flarh, or whatever, I fear the really terrible prospects seen skating nightly in Minneapolis are on their way to Philadelphia and Allentown now.

Hey the good news is their collective tanking is working.

Last i looked they were sitting at the 14th pick.

Good news they have now tanked to the 11th pick.

Keep it up losers...i think if they continue to play Flyer hockey they can at least side as far as the 9th pick by seasons end!!

No since in wining now...keep it going Flyers!!!!!!!

TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK

It's terrible they wouldn't use a call up for a kid looking for a spot...

...he can't play any worse than some of the stiffs they have now. Oh yeah it looks like he can actually HIT the net.

The Phantoms ain't making the playoffs any ways...he scored the only goal with them getting blown out 5-1 fighting for the playoffs.

Give NAK and Friedman a cup of coffee the last two games.

Archived