On Accountability

Howie58

55 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

My hope, more than anything, is that the defense really comes together next season and takes off.

These guys have to improve their actual defense. I think their puck moving skills and scoring touch are there and will get better.

But if they don't get better in their own end and around the goal mouth it could be another long season next regardless of who is in the crease.

They are to quit with all this goddamn stick checking crap....lean on the guy or put a hit on him...you don't have to make the highlight reel hit all the time but they can learn to utilize their size better to their advantage to separate the puck from the skater...Coburn was pretty decent at it...he could have been ore physical sure but he wasn't no where as soft as all these 6-4 and 6-5 guys they have right now.

I don't understand how someone can be that size and be so damn timid.

They have to get better, i'm not expecting a Pronger like edge but they need to be more physical within the limits.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, brelic said:

@mojo1917

Thank YOU and everyone else on this board that contributes every day with thoughtful posts AND respectful banter. Sure we all get fired up sometimes, but this is hands down the best Flyers forum I’ve ever been part of. 

I’ve “known” some people here for like 20 years. Crazy!

You guys rock!

Whatever, you're all wrong, especially you @brelic. All wrong. Everyone. I am right in whatever I'm saying though -- especially this right here. This is especially right, and you are all especially wrong.

Barry Ashbee Trophy (Best Defenseman): Sanheim
Bobby Clarke Trophy (Team MVP): Couturier
Yanick Dupre Memorial (Class Guy): Couturier
Pelle Lindbergh Memorial (Most Improved): Lindblom
Toyota Cup (Game Star Selections): Couturier
Gene Hart Award (Work Ethic & Dedication): Hart

I was torn on the Bobby Clark award i gave Coots the edge because of the GWGs blocked shots and shooting percentage.

Archived