2019 Minnesota Wild Off Season Summer Doings

8 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Agree. An oldish(33 y.o.) player who played for 4 NHL teams already in his career is a questionable invitee for the training camp. I was surprised when checked his stats on eliteprospects.com ,but they already included him to our Wild roster for this season. Maybe he is already signed?

Yeah, they signed him to a PTO. So he is on the roster. I'm guessing this is nothing more than a tryout for other teams, to show them he can still play. Not sure why the Wild would sign him long term, other than he's a right shot. If he does make the team, it just shows how pathetic the Wild "prospects" are...

• Like 2

Except Stafford has a cannon for a shot. JT should fear for his spot. Worst case he's this year's Matt Read. Best case 13th forward. Shattuck and UND product was USA's stud in 2004 WJR in Grand Forks in tourney that included Ovechkin and Crosby. Good size too.

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Jared Spurgeon has signed a 7-year, $53.025 million extension, the highest cap hit in #mnwild history at $7.575 million.

Glad to have him extended.
A bit of an overpay in in money and term, but he otherwise walks.

And as someone pointed out in the Spurgeon signing thread, Fenton dropped the ball on this (I know, shocker, right?), by not getting something done sooner.
Meanwhile other d-men get big contracts, so naturally, Spurge, who is still a fair bit better than some of those guys and established as well, is going to want his big coin.

At any rate, the Wild will keep a good skating, smart, offensive/defensive blue liner for the next several years.
Hopefully, the team will still get his very best years for at least most of the contract.....then settle up with the Devil at contract's end...