Game 81: Flyers at Blues; 4/4/19 at 8

Howie58

The O and B have not played well against .500+ teams and in St. Louis:

https://sportschatplace.com/picks/nhl/st-louis-blues-vs-philadelphia-flyers-4-4-19-nhl-pick-odds-and-prediction

St. Louis is 12-2 during the last 14 at home:

https://freepicks.picksandparlays.net/more-free-picks/nhl-picks/flyers-at-blues-4419-nhl-picks-and-predictions/

Hopefully, the team doesn't check out as they did against Dallas.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Projected Lines

FLYERS (will be updated)

25 James van Riemsdyk - 19 Nolan Patrick - 28 Claude Giroux 
23 Oskar Lindblom - 14 Sean Couturier - 93 Jake Voracek
38 Ryan Hartman - 21 Scott Laughton - 11 Travis Konecny
12 Michael Raffl - 10 Corban Knight - 27 Justin Bailey/ 44 Phil Varone

9 Ivan Provorov - 6 Travis Sanheim
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 61 Phil Myers
5 Sam Morin - 3 Radko Gudas

37 Brian Elliott
[79 Carter Hart]

Scratches: 8 Robert Hägg (healthy), 44 Phil Varone or 27 Justin Bailey (healthy), 47 Andrew MacDonald (healthy), 33 Can Talbot (healthy), 30 Michal Neuvirth (IR, lower body).

Blues

10 Brayden Schenn - 90 Ryan O'Reilly - 91 Vladimir Tarasenko
17 Jaden Schwartz - 70 Oskar Sundqvist - 57 David Perron
7 Patrick Maroon - 21 Tyler Bozak - 18 Robert Thomas
12 Zach Sanford - 49 Ivan Barbashev - 20 Alexander Steen

29 Vince Dunn - 27 Alex Pietrangelo
19 Jay Bouwmeester - 55 Colton Parayko
4 Carl Gunnarsson - 41 Robert Bortuzzo

50 Jordan Binnington
[34 Jake Allen]

Scratches: 6 Joel Edmundson (lower body), 9 Sammy Blais (lower body), 15 Robby Fabbri (healthy), 42 Michael Del Zotto (healthy), 62 Mackenzie MacEachern (healthy).

1 hour ago, Poulin20 said:

Yet another game I wont be watching.  Go Phils!

I have always felt that baseball on TV is like watching paint dry, but thinking it's probably better than what the Flyers have to offer at this point.

GO Phils!!

36 minutes ago, fan4ever said:

I have always felt that baseball on TV is like watching paint dry, but thinking it's probably better than what the Flyers have to offer at this point.

GO Phils!!

Yeah sad when baseball is more exciting than hickey.

1 hour ago, fan4ever said:

GO Phils!!

It can be at times, if the team is good though it can be rather dramatic even on TV.  I plunked down for the Sunday ticket plan this year and have tix to all Sunday games for me, my family, and my mom.  Looking forward to long lazy afternoons in the sun!

1 hour ago, Poulin20 said:

It can be at times, if the team is good though it can be rather dramatic even on TV.  I plunked down for the Sunday ticket plan this year and have tix to all Sunday games for me, my family, and my mom.  Looking forward to long lazy afternoons in the sun!

Sounds like some great family bonding time!  Have fun!  Make sure you get your Bryce Harper shirt 😀

G gets P. O. takes whole team on his back and scores 8 times and

makes some pretty awesome d plays..

Saves two en shots on goal to keep shut out..

.......................$$$$......................................

Then they drop the puck..

Flyers.....4

Blues......2

:ph34r:

8 minutes ago, intheslot said:

G gets P. O. takes whole team on his back and scores 8 times and

makes some pretty awesome d plays..

Saves two en shots on goal to keep shut out..

.......................$$$$......................................

Then they drop the puck..

Flyers.....4

Blues......2

:ph34r:

puff puff pass

3 hours ago, Samifan said:

Schenn hat trick, Berube out coaches Gordon, Jake with 7 turnovers  and a dozen more blocks on Twitter 

Duh we know this.

But will he suit up.....

Greetings:

I will watch out of a sense of loyalty.  That is strange to say, but true.  There is something strange about watching "one of the greatest minds in hockey" coaching an opponent...and apparently doing a pretty good job.  That should be a warning to us about the kinds of players we have been drafting and playing the past 5-10 years.  

Great start for the Keystone Kops...31st time this year they have started a game down 2-0. True story.

Just WTF are they doing around the net here...utter chaos.

Hell i bet Elliott is ready to get the f**k off this dysfunctional team. Just sad.

I am sure Brayden Schenn is happy as hell he isn't part of the hot mess too.

10 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Blues 7

Flyers 2

The slaughter of the lambs.

Get this season over with already.

Elliott gets lit the f**k up and yanked after giving up 4.

BOOM!!!!

CALLED IT!!!!

5-2 in the first period alone!!

However it may be worse than i thought!!!!!!

Elliott's last game in the orange and black and he may be happy to get the f**K outa dodge!!!

Good thing Hart already has a psychiatrist to talk to he is going to need him after this season!!!!

I feel sorry for the kid....maybe Q doesn't even want any part of this hot mess.....

10 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Good thing Hart already has a psychiatrist to talk to he is going to need him after this season!!!!

I shouldn’t laugh, but that’s some funny **** right there! Well played sir!!!

Meltzer

This is likely going to be Brian Elliott's last game as a Flyer no matter what. He deserved better from his teammates than what he got (i.e., completely abandoned on a series of point-blank chances where no goalie realistically would have a save opportunity unless shooter errs).

2m

I barely finished my salad and we were down 2-0.  That is probably the 35th time (or something like that) since the start of the year.  I feel badly for Elliott.  Yes, Hart will need a psychiatrist.  But I think Fletcher will need one too.  He will be sleep deprived and depressed.    His predecessor may have relieved a cap burden.  But he has bequeathed a very poor squad that is dispirited and lazy. 

1 minute ago, Howie58 said:

I barely finished my salad and we were down 2-0.  That is probably the 35th time (or something like that) since the start of the year.  I feel badly for Elliott.  Yes, Hart will need a psychiatrist.  But I think Fletcher will need one too.  He will be sleep deprived and depressed.    His predecessor may have relieved a cap burden.  But he has bequeathed a very poor squad that is dispirited and lazy. 

Yeah, they need a solid veteran defenseman to play with Provorov, in addition to a scoring winger and 2nd line center. There is MUCH work to be done this summer by Fletcher.

29 minutes ago, intheslot said:

Meltzer

This is likely going to be Brian Elliott's last game as a Flyer no matter what. He deserved better from his teammates than what he got (i.e., completely abandoned on a series of point-blank chances where no goalie realistically would have a save opportunity unless shooter errs).

2m

Elliott has the U- Haul loaded up and ready to put Philly in the rear view mirror as quick as he can...i am sure he regrets coming to Philly as much as we do....good riddance...but i don't know where this terrible team goes next...

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Elliott has the U- Haul loaded up and ready to put Philly in the rear view mirror as quick as he can...i am sure he regrets coming to Philly as much as we do....good riddance...but i don't know where this terrible team goes next...

I'll help him pack. Elliott is a nothingburger.

3 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

I barely finished my salad and we were down 2-0.

If you were watching this and eating i'm impressed you kept it down.

3 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Yes, Hart will need a psychiatrist. 

Yep as soon as he heard he was bring drafted to Philly he went and put one on the payroll. Smart kid.

He need to buy him a new couch before his entry level contract is up.

Maybe they can get a team rate.

Archived