Game 81: Flyers at Blues; 4/4/19 at 8

Howie58

8 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

I barely finished my salad and we were down 2-0.  That is probably the 35th time (or something like that) since the start of the year.  I feel badly for Elliott.  Yes, Hart will need a psychiatrist hypnotist.  But I think Fletcher will need one too.  He will be sleep deprived and depressed.    His predecessor may have relieved a cap burden.  But he has bequeathed a very poor squad that is dispirited and lazy. 

Fixed.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well you know an X Flyer had to join the fun of embarrassing his old team....

Man Travis Sanheim is straight garbage as a a defender sure he may have some offense but he is one of the worse guys i have seen on the blueline is a long time....gawd he is hard to watch...he makes Ghost look like a Norris finalist...SMFH.

Whoever is the new defense coach they have their work cut out for them.

And please guys save the sh it defending the guy...i don't want to hear the excuses...really save it.

I wasn't just tonight i have seen no growth this year from him at all when it comes to actually defense.

Greetings:

This year has reminded me of 2006-07.   it's like a recurring nightmare.  They got rid of Hitch and Clarke was allowed to get kicked upstairs. This year Hack and Hex go...same crap on the ice. 

The sub-.900 goaltending...schlocky D...like 2006-07.   Watching this team getting out-hustled is becoming routine...almost acceptable. If Fletcher traded (or could trade, come to think of it) have this group, including our vaunted  young defensive corps, I'd say fine.  The level of pride and professionalism must be near zero for many on this roster. 

**** this! There is NO REASON to play Hart Saturday behind this group. Play Talbot or give Elliott one more chance for the Philly fans to boo him one final time.

27 minutes ago, Samifan said:

**** this! There is NO REASON to play Hart Saturday behind this group. Play Talbot or give Elliott one more chance for the Philly fans to boo him one final time.

Best news of the night Flyers moved up from the 11th pick to the 10th.

Can they get to the 9th before the season ends??? I think they can.

#Flyers are 0-3 since they were eliminated from the playoffs. Outscored 16-5 in those games.

8 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Best news of the night Flyers moved up from the 11th pick to the 10th.

Can they get to the 9th before the season ends??? I think they can.

#Flyers are 0-3 since they were eliminated from the playoffs. Outscored 16-5 in those games.

tumblr_opl1x65X4n1rrkahjo2_540.gif

9 hours ago, Samifan said:

I gave my tickets away to charity for this game.  The poor attendees!  The charitable thing would be for them not to be allowed to attend.

There were long, long stretches where 5 v 5 felt like a power play for St Louis. 

This team is currently not "sparking joy"... time to Kon Mari some players. 

One of the things I  marveled at last night in my short time viewing was how St Louis never seemed to ice the puck, there were multiple occasions where everyone in the arena was expecting a whistle but, silencio!, i know play to the whistle plus 1, but...I thought it was odd and it did hurt an already floundering team.

This season can't end soon enough for my taste, I wonder what is in store for the off season?

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

What a train wreck of  team.  Its disgusting how they all just mentally checked out........ patheic....

I know zero pride anymore these days.

2 hours ago, Poulin20 said:

I gave my tickets away to charity for this game.  The poor attendees!  The charitable thing would be for them not to be allowed to attend.

Yes i feel sorry for those folks as well....good job...now they'll need a shrink too....and it's all on you.

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 10:30 AM, OccamsRazor said:

Blues 7

Flyers 2

The slaughter of the lambs.

Get this season over with already.

Elliott gets lit the f**k up and yanked after giving up 4.

Wow you called that one! Elliot gives up 4 on 5 shots, maybe you should go to Vegas!

Everybody and their brother knows this is broken and needs to be torn down (except Mojo) and the corporate idiots who think they can finish 8th next year. I really have zero optimism that Fletcher has the accumen and the go ahead to fix this.The attributes are there to make some  moves in a positive direction. 

16 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

Everybody and their brother knows this is broken and needs to be torn down (except Mojo) and the corporate idiots who think they can finish 8th next year. I really have zero optimism that Fletcher has the accumen and the go ahead to fix this.The attributes are there to make some  moves in a positive direction. 

You must not have been reading very carefully.

4 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

There were long, long stretches where 5 v 5 felt like a power play for St Louis. 

This team is currently not "sparking joy"... time to Kon Mari some players. 

I'm fine some back and forth, have a really good sense of humor and for the most part enjoy our interactions here even when they get heated.

Perhaps you're not familiar with the "pop culture sensation" Marie Kondo ?

tl:dr - she throws things away.

I do think coaching fixes many of the problems.

I also think the guys under 26 are where the strength of the team will be shortly, I think Hextall found some good players and with good coaching the team will be good and fun to watch again.  Right now though- ugh can't take it, they suck.

Also, find a person on this forum who has written more nasty things about Dave Scott than me...I'll wait.

here's a time saver- you won't. lumping me in with corporate douches...not cool-buddy, not cool

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

You must not have been reading very carefully.

I'm fine some back and forth, have a really good sense of humor and for the most part enjoy our interactions here even when they get heated.

Perhaps you're not familiar with the "pop culture sensation" Marie Kondo ?

tl:dr - she throws things away.

I do think coaching fixes many of the problems.

I also think the guys under 26 are where the strength of the team will be shortly, I think Hextall found some good players and with good coaching the team will be good and fun to watch again.  Right now though- ugh can't take it, they suck.

Also, find a person on this forum who has written more nasty things about Dave Scott than me...I'll wait.

here's a time saver- you won't. lumping me in with corporate douches...not cool-buddy, not cool

What do you know, you corporate douche?! 

I can be put on the list of people who think much of this can be fixed with scrubbing the coaching staff and the infusion of the kids coming up. 

I would, however, blow a hole in the core. I'd move Voracek provided that I get compensable value back.  With his statements recently, he's begging to be moved. I oblige him. 

Outside of that, I look at all my options for a backup for Hart. Friendship aside, even Hart hasn't been as good since the arrival of Talbot, and Talbot himself has been, well, Talbot. 

Trading Voracek creates an additional hole, but hopefully fills another in the process. 

We fell way behind early in the season, worked like hell to get back in it, ran out of gas at the end. And now  they're carrying white flags (it's so bad it's almost per instruction, ie., "get the best pick we can now that we're out). 

We'll be good with just a couple targeted moves. We're really not far off. 

I am appalled at how this season is ending. That said, it confirms we have a terrible set of players...we can have Coach A, B, C, or Q-Prime-Squared.  We had a relief rally, to use a stock market term, after Hakstol was canned.  Now we are back to our wicked, wicked ways...and it is bad!

23 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I would, however, blow a hole in the core. I'd move Voracek provided that I get compensable value back.  With his statements recently, he's begging to be moved. 

We fell way behind early in the season, worked like hell to get back in it, ran out of gas at the end. And now  they're carrying white flags (it's so bad it's almost per instruction, ie., "get the best pick we can now that we're out). 

First paragraph.... totally agree!

Second paragraph... this has been this teams M.O. for years now....

We all know about their infamous slow starts... to the Flyers FO...

NOW FIX THE DAMN PROBLEM!!!!!!

On 4/4/2019 at 10:32 AM, Poulin20 said:

Yet another game I wont be watching.  Go Phils!

What no go Eagles???

No go 6ers???

Yeah i know i don't do baseball or basketball...i got nothing to watch till kickoff time....

:bonkingheadonwall:

There should be a major blood letting happening after this season. The only safe players on the club should be (in no particular order):

Giroux

Couturier

Konecny

Lindblom

Patrick

Provorov

Sanheim

Meyers

Hart

Obviously this doesn't include the prospects or players in junior. In terms of prospects, I'd only keep:

Farabee

Frost

Rubtsov

Ratcliffe

Everyone else on the club is fair game. It's time to get this mess straightened out. The Flyers might not be out of the woods yet as it pertains to playoffs and Stanley Cup competitors. But there are some big ticket players they can move to get the right needs for the club. 

They still need a viable coach and staff though and Fletcher says he wants that in place before the draft. Something tells me they already have their guy lined up and ready to go and that everything else is simply a formality.

5 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

There should be a major blood letting happening after this season. The only safe players on the club should be (in no particular order):

Giroux

Couturier

Konecny

Lindblom

Patrick

Provorov

Sanheim

Meyers

Hart

Obviously this doesn't include the prospects or players in junior. In terms of prospects, I'd only keep:

Farabee

Frost

Rubtsov

Ratcliffe

That is a good list i have no issues with it.

I wouldn't mind keeping Morin though just not ready to get rid of a 6-7 defenseman who can skate like he does and bring the snarl this team lacks.

Sorry i like all the players you listed but one thing that lack is toughness the NHL requires. TK and Coots are close.

This team already is soft. I don't want to make it softer especially if you move Hagg or Gudas.

But with Moin for the right return i could be persuaded. 

Archived