Wild vs. Bruins 4/4/19 @ 7:00PM CST at the X

CreaseAndAssist

Wild vs. Bruins Game Preview

Minnesota Wild (37-34-9)  83pts  6th in the Central

2.63 Goals For Per Game (26th in the NHL)

2.84 Goals Against Per Game (12th in the NHL)

20.6% Power Play (13th in the NHL)

81.7% Penalty Kill (8th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #11 Zach Parise ~ 28G 33A = 61pts

2. #12 Eric Staal ~ 22G 30A = 52pts

3. #20 Ryan Suter ~ 7G 40A = 47pts

4. #46 Jared Spurgeon ~ 14G 29A = 43pts

5. #16 Jason Zucker ~ 21G 21A = 42pts

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #36 Nick Seeler ~ 57 PIM’s

2. #17 Marcus Foligno ~ 55 PIM’s

3. #20 Ryan Suter ~ 41 PIM’s

Top Goaltenders:

1. #40 Devan Dubnyk (31-28-6)  2.54GAA  .913%SP  2SO

2. #32 Alex Stalock (6-6-3)  3.05GAA  .893%SP

Vs.

Boston Bruins (48-23-9)  105pts  2nd in the Atlantic

3.14 Goals For Per Game (11th in the NHL)

2.58 Goals Against Per Game (3rd in the NHL)

26.3% Power Play (3rd in the NHL)

80.1% Penalty Kill (17th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #63 Brad Marchand ~ 36G 64A = 100pts

2. #37 Patrice Bergeron ~ 32G 47A = 79pts

3. #88 David Pastrnak ~ 37G 41A = 78pts

4. #46 David Krecji ~ 19G 51A = 71pts

5. #47 Torey Krug ~ 6G 47A = 53pts

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #63 Brad Marchand ~ 96 PIM’s

2. #48 Matt Grzelcyk ~ 68 PIM’s

3. #33 Zdeno Chara ~ 57 PIM’s

Top Goaltenders:

1. #40 Tuukka Rask (27-12-5)  2.42GAA  .915%SP  4SO

2. #41 Jaroslav Halak (21-11-4)  2.40GAA  .920%SP  4SO

MNSOTA wrote up the game preview, I'll be on the post-gamer.  It will be interesting to see how either of these teams approach the game since the outcome will change absolutely nothing for either squad.  Enjoy and discuss...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that the game will change absolutely nothing is very interesting indeed: a player that has heart endures hardship. He will endure even pointlessness, lack of meaning. A player playing for trivial reasons, money, adulation, glory etc on will lose motivation and become nothing himself. A game like this is a good opportunity to find out which players Fenton should strive to keep and which he should try to dump somewhere else. Who will quit? Do we have players who play like it's the playoffs?

I don't recognize the first video, Probably because at that time I was watching the 2nd ...And had hair like that too. :P

Thanks again for the Pre and post efforts.

I'll still watch these last 2 games just too look at individuals and any positives they may bring into next season.

It is a shame the Dallas game won't have any meaning as it looked like it would a month ago.

If people can show up for the Ducks-Kings game last night, I guess I can watch the Wild a couple more times.

I hope the wild turn their roster sheet upside-down and play The l??ower lines more and bench the regulars as much as possible.

Let's give seeler and pateryn some pp Time same with a Hunt / spurgeon combination on the 2nd pp unit.

Let's give some of the guys a chance to show what they can do

I would also like to see the wild go super aggressive on the forecheck.

Have we ever seen them go with a 2-2-1 forecheck?

Really press own around the face off circles before they get desperate?

Drop the defenseman lower on the pp

8 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

I don't recognize the first video, Probably because at that time I was watching the 2nd ...And had hair like that too. :P

I guess it just shows how much of a nerd I was as a kid. I loved watching just about anything educational on PBS as a kid.

2 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

I guess it just shows how much of a nerd I was as a kid. I loved watching just about anything educational on PBS as a kid.

Yes I don't think 3-2-1 contact was on when i was watching PBS

2 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

Yes I don't think 3-2-1 contact was on when i was watching PBS

Yeah, you pretty much have to be of a certain age bracket, ie Gen X. It was on the air from like '82-'87.

1 minute ago, MNSOTA said:

Yeah, you pretty much have to be of a certain age bracket, ie Gen X. It was on the air from like '82-'87.

OK yeah I was born in 87 I remember watching a little Sesame Street and then mainly  Mr. Rogers, Barney, The Magic School Bus and Ghostwriter

1 minute ago, bbgarnett said:

OK yeah I was born in 87 I remember watching Mr. Rogers, maybe a little Sesame Street, Barney, The Magic School Bus and Ghostwriter

LOL....I was 11 when you were born. 

That Dominoes Pizza commercial is a lie. My brother saw it and there dog  has the same Toy pizza so he downloaded the app and tried scanning the pizza but it would not accept it. He tried multiple times and no matter what it wouldn't accept it, so you can not scan any pizza.

8 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

Cripes...I was 20...

Well....I graduated HS in 1986.  So, I was 19, and you have me beat by a year or so.  Since you were my age, did you ever watch Zoom, or Sigmund and the Sea Monsters (I know, the bell bottom, butterfly collar 70s complete with earth tones clothes)?  What an eye-sore generation for 'inner/outer wear'.  I even had a stick from Doug Hicks and Barry Gibbs, which will date my further.  I had a two piece helmet with what appeared to be packing 

Just now, EmptyShelf said:

Well....I graduated HS in 1986.  So, I was 19, and you have me beat by a year or so.  Since you were my age, did you ever watch Zoom, or Sigmund and the Sea Monsters (I know, the bell bottom, butterfly collar 70s complete with earth tones clothes)?  What an eye-sore generation for 'inner/outer wear'.  I even had a stick from Doug Hicks and Barry Gibbs, which will date my further.  I had a two piece helmet with what appeared to be packing 

I graduated in 85...Didn't watch Zoom (I heard of it), but did watch Sigmund and the Sea Monsters, Land of the Lost, the Bugaloos, HR Puffinstuff, all that. I had a bunch of Herb Brooks specials (plaid pants) and corduroys with I think it was 1/8 in swale. UGLEEE!

Suter is so slow/lazy to the puck that Stalock has to come out and complete the 'suicide clear' for a goalie.  Does he even know what an embarrassment his play has been?  He should be forced to watch tape over-and-over with the coaches and have them ask him if he is really sure that is the fastest he can skate?  Also, if he should really still receive Top Line TOI?  How could he affirm with a straight face - tape don't lie

Just now, IllaZilla said:

I graduated in 85...Didn't watch Zoom (I heard of it), but did watch Sigmund and the Sea Monsters, Land of the Lost, the Bugaloos, HR Puffinstuff, all that. I had a bunch of Herb Brooks specials (plaid pants) and corduroys with I think it was 1/8 in swale. UGLEEE!

Garanimals with Toughskins ring a bell ?!?  I had the matching plum outfit, and then the pea soup ensemble, complete with some earth tone Toughskins with the iron on patches (wear worn out).  My Mom and Dad must have been drunk or stoned to think these were presentable combos - my kids (14-22 years old) look at these pix like it was MY choice!?!

1 minute ago, EmptyShelf said:

Suter is so slow/lazy to the puck that Stalock has to come out and complete the 'suicide clear' for a goalie.  Does he even know what an embarrassment his play has been?  He should be forced to watch tape over-and-over with the coaches and have them ask him if he is really sure that is the fastest he can skate?  Also, if he should really still receive Top Line TOI?  How could he affirm with a straight face - tape don't lie

I don't think making him watch a tape will change anything. He could skate backwards down the ice, and no one will say anything, because all it takes it a call to CL to putthe coach in his place...

Archived