Wild vs. Bruins 4/4/19 @ 7:00PM CST at the X

CreaseAndAssist

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wild Underwhelming in last home game in 3-0 loss to Boston

Started out ok, then the effort tailed off and they never recovered.  I feel bad for the person that got Bitetto's jersey.  Or Rask.  Yikes.  Putrid finish and Boudreau looked sad and disappointed as he's looked quite a bit at home this season.  On the bright side, Donato had a pretty good game and I thought Nico Sturm looked interesting.  Good speed and quickness and I liked how he wasn't afraid to battle for the puck.  Full game recap, an extended Iowa Wild report and prospect news too.  One more left...

Oh, sh!t.  Koivu shows up and is interviewed by four chins (KG).  He said about the new players; 'it was good to have them up here and get a few games under their belt and get to know a bit about the culture we have here...'  Do you mean the Country Club 'pecking order and youngster expectations?'  This guy needs to stay AWAY from the 22 and 23 year-olds that Chins was referring to.  Otherwise, we can expect significant negative impact in future years.  Give 20, 9, and 11 a sabbatical for the first 40 games, until a new culture is formulated....OUT

KG - 'If the Wild are going to get back in the playoffs, certainly #20 is going to play a SIGNIFICANT role....'  Did we get a new player to wear #20 next year?  KG needs to push himself away from the buffet and BONG, quit barfing out the company line, and come up with something better.  Not buying it anymore...no one else should either

Suter: 'its too bad its over.'

Spurgeon: after being told what a great season he had 'it doesn't matter at all.  It sucks that we didn't make the playoffs."

Different attitude.  Spurgeon clearly cares and doesn't know what he is going to do to expend his time, while Suter clearly is relishing tractor laps early on the farm this year....

2 hours ago, EmptyShelf said:

Spurgeon: after being told what a great season he had 'it doesn't matter at all.  It sucks that we didn't make the playoffs."

Different attitude.  Spurgeon clearly cares and doesn't know what he is going to do to expend his time, while Suter clearly is relishing tractor laps early on the farm this year....

Suter's tractor brings this video into my mind, the singer driving James Dean's tractor, at 2:50: "I'm so sickened now, why do you hang around, why do you come around". I'm just so sick and tired of Suter.

I watched the game listening to Boston's commentators. They liked Sturm's game: "he's going to be a player in the league". I liked it too. He made smart, responsible decisions with the puck. Seems communicative. Takes Brodin's place when Brodin pinches, then taps his leg with the blade to let Brodin know he can switch places safely. Skates fast enough, wins some faceoffs. He looked like a potentially good third line center.

Disappointing game otherwise. Not much to look at. I can't help about thinking that some of the fans there in the arena might have made some stinging decisions to get the tickets and as a consequence not having the money to spend somewhere else, and then having to watch this half-hearted play. Stalock was the only guy who seemed to have any fun there.

Fiala trying to hit a Boston player... Don't even try. The weakness and lack of power, lack of speed behind the hit brought back painful memories about Pominville "hitting". In fact it's even worse than Pominville, as Fiala's body seems pretty strong. With the combination of his skating ability and the strength he should be able to deliver a hit that has an effect, and the contrast between what could and should be, and what is the reality of the hit, is even bigger in Fiala than what was the case with the Pomeranian.

Boston commentators commented about the "absurdness" of Suter's ice time. If it feels absurd, it might in fact be absurd. Unfortunately Suter and the organisation have only one way to make Suter look the exceptional hero he isn't, and that is TOI.

The Boston commentators also thought Fehr is a good example of a player who realises that in order to keep on playing in the NHL he needs to continually change. Our propaganda poster boy Suter could use a chat or two with Fehr. Suter has so far skipped the following realisations about his need to change:

1. 1D --> 2D, never happened

2. 2D --> 3D, never happened

3. 3D --> 4D, never happened

and the way he is playing he should soon be thinking about changing from 4D to Nate Prosser of yesteryear playing to get some games now and then. It's a disgrace mentioning Prosser and Suter in the same sentence. Prosser is more the man Suter's ever going to be.

Sorry about the length of the rant 🤯 I'll try to keep it a little more toned down a bit from now on.

Three things I noticed about the rant.

Spot on about Suter.

Fehr understands how to stay in the league and I hope we keep him.

The Wild have a huuuuge logjam for the 3rd line center spot.

13 hours ago, EmptyShelf said:

Suter is so slow/lazy to the puck that Stalock has to come out and complete the 'suicide clear' for a goalie.  Does he even know what an embarrassment his play has been?  He should be forced to watch tape over-and-over with the coaches and have them ask him if he is really sure that is the fastest he can skate?  Also, if he should really still receive Top Line TOI?  How could he affirm with a straight face - tape don't lie

Wouldn't matter if he did watch it. He honestly doesn't care anymore. At least years ago he was in position and trying. You can clearly see he doesn't try anymore. But what are the coaches suppose to do? It's clear at this point CL is in love with Suter and Suter can make a complaint to override any coach or gm decision. Maybe the best we can hope for is he gets a career ending injury that doesn't impact him in everyday life.

Bitteto switches to cover Pateryn's guy and leaves Bergeron wide open for a shot....that was a Pee Wee decision.  They need to move him the F out.

Hey, can't be mad at him. He's looking up to the Wilds "Number 1 Defenseman" Suter. Got to play like number 1!

12 hours ago, EmptyShelf said:

KG - 'If the Wild are going to get back in the playoffs, certainly #20 is going to play a SIGNIFICANT role....'  Did we get a new player to wear #20 next year?  KG needs to push himself away from the buffet and BONG, quit barfing out the company line, and come up with something better.  Not buying it anymore...no one else should either

I watched it. Suter was almost smiling like he was so happy that he gets to bust out the golf clubs very soon and not have to be bothered to throw on his equipment and sweater. Spurgeon, well you could have told him he won the James Norris Memorial and he also broke the single season record for most points by a defenseman in a season and he still would have looked like somebody pissed in his cherrios as he has the drive and thirst to win it all!

At this point, screw the money and buy out Suter! His attitude and the toxic he oozes needs to be thrown as far away as possible from the young kids. Sturm really impressed me with his drive and going out there playing like it's game 7 of the Cup Final. We will be having more of these young guys coming and we do not need that toxic Suter around them. If you can't buy him out then thrown him to the Iowa Wild and let him rot there. He probably wouldn't even care either.

Excuses for Wild and ball licking of Bruins by Dumb and Dumbest.  You would have to pay me a LOT of $ trying to keep putting lipstick on this PIG

With the addition of Krissy Wendel to the broadcast team, Is it possible we see her replace Greenlay next season? 

It would be a great PR move with the success of the women's team and she'd be a refreshing color person.

LaPanta calls a decent game, He just needs to focus on that.

13 hours ago, Tomdog said:

You would think the team would want to win it's last home game of the season

There's some funk going on with the X this season. Like RottenRefs says "It's in the water". Maybe all that lake water that fans brought that's full of fertilizer, Beer and Pi$$ from Big Island on lake MTKA is why. ;)

I'm glad we're out this year. Boston had nothing to play for other than to keep in form. They showed how easy it was to disrupt our game.

Cut off passes and routes and just put a little pressure on us and watch us flounder. Pretty much most of the season.

Perfect T-shirt...

team sucks.jpg

Suter even had a smile on his face after the game.  He doesn't care one bit if this team goes to the playoffs or not.  As long as he gets his playing time, as long as he gets his points...big deal what the wins and losses shake out to be.  

1 hour ago, EJ0226 said:

Wouldn't matter if he did watch it. He honestly doesn't care anymore. At least years ago he was in position and trying. You can clearly see he doesn't try anymore. But what are the coaches suppose to do? It's clear at this point CL is in love with Suter and Suter can make a complaint to override any coach or gm decision. Maybe the best we can hope for is he gets a career ending injury that doesn't impact him in everyday life.

Hey, can't be mad at him. He's looking up to the Wilds "Number 1 Defenseman" Suter. Got to play like number 1!

I watched it. Suter was almost smiling like he was so happy that he gets to bust out the golf clubs very soon and not have to be bothered to throw on his equipment and sweater. Spurgeon, well you could have told him he won the James Norris Memorial and he also broke the single season record for most points by a defenseman in a season and he still would have looked like somebody pissed in his cherrios as he has the drive and thirst to win it all!

At this point, screw the money and buy out Suter! His attitude and the toxic he oozes needs to be thrown as far away as possible from the young kids. Sturm really impressed me with his drive and going out there playing like it's game 7 of the Cup Final. We will be having more of these young guys coming and we do not need that toxic Suter around them. If you can't buy him out then thrown him to the Iowa Wild and let him rot there. He probably wouldn't even care either.

I would agree...Spurgeon deflected the praise away and seemed to understand this season is a wasted opportunity.  Suter acted as though he didn't have a care in the world because he knows this organization is going to cater to him no matter how he plays.  

Bitetto screwing things up...no surprise there.  Honestly, why play him last night?  If he's back next year, you know this team doesn't care about winning.  The guy is a mistake machine on the ice...

29 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

I would agree...Spurgeon deflected the praise away and seemed to understand this season is a wasted opportunity.  Suter acted as though he didn't have a care in the world because he knows this organization is going to cater to him no matter how he plays.  

Bitetto screwing things up...no surprise there.  Honestly, why play him last night?  If he's back next year, you know this team doesn't care about winning.  The guy is a mistake machine on the ice...

Forgot to thank everybody who does the great pregame and post game write ups! I am sad Saturday will be the last one for the season. I always look forward to them!

1 hour ago, EJ0226 said:

Forgot to thank everybody who does the great pregame and post game write ups! I am sad Saturday will be the last one for the season. I always look forward to them!

You're more than welcome!  Its just @MNSOTA and myself mostly.  I am hoping to get Aaron to write a few more things.  Also, I might be joining a weekly podcast.  If so I'll make sure I'll let you guys know so you can tune in.  

Archived