You are a guest user Click to join the site
News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

EmptyShelf

Single Most Important Wild Move 2019+

image.jpeg.431433c39c531a8fb05a2c04150e97b5.jpegImage:  Suter playing defense in 20I18/2019.  Solution:  TIME TO RETIRE to your tractor and don't let the door hit you in the a$$!!

• Haha 1

Getting one anchor contract off the ice since we can't get it off the books. And I don't mean an injury.

#9 would be the most logical.  Just one more year left and you have to get his permission to trade him.  

Just now, rottenrefs said:

#1. Get Craig's hands off the steering wheel.

Two ways that can happen:

Lose more season ticket holders - again for the 3rd time / cycle.

Have every single prospective coach flatly tell Craig (Fenton) they're not interested.

On 4/7/2019 at 1:42 PM, rottenrefs said:

Two ways that can happen:

Lose more season ticket holders - again for the 3rd time / cycle.

Have every single prospective coach flatly tell Craig (Fenton) they're not interested.

I am not saying this is the biggest move by any means but i think the Wild made a good move trading Granlund for Fiala straight up.

The Preds 2nd line has looked nowhere as fast and as effective as it did with Fiala on it.

He struggle to score and it happens to a lot of players and it ended up being a good thing for the Wild kid is only 22.

23 by the start of next year. Granlund will be 28 by mid next year. I want the Flyers to trade Simmonds for him but Granlund was a slightly better offer....i think Simmonds is done.

A good move for you guys going forward.Last time i look ed the Wild had him playing on his off wing on the 2nd line.

Not sure how that is going.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I am not saying this is the biggest move by any means but i think the Wild made a good move trading Granlund for Fiala straight up.

The Preds 2nd line has looked nowhere as fast and as effective as it did with Fiala on it.

He struggle to score and it happens to a lot of players and it ended up being a good thing for the Wild kid is only 22.

23 by the start of next year. Granlund will be 28 by mid next year. I want the Flyers to trade Simmonds for him but Granlund was a slightly better offer....i think Simmonds is done.

A good move for you guys going forward.Last time i look ed the Wild had him playing on his off wing on the 2nd line.

Not sure how that is going.

There was no reason the trade Granlund at the trade deadline if the goal was to still make the Playoffs. They could have hung on to Granlund and moved him this offseason for a lot more than just a Kevin Fiala. And now who is going to get the puck to all these young scorers? All the Wild puck distributors are well over 30 now. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to getting "younger and faster" if they are constantly having to wait at the blue line for Captain Boat-Anchor to catch up and get them the puck... 

I'm not that impressed with him. Looks like he may be able to score, but he also is afraid to get hit. Every time someone looked cross eyed at him over the last few games, he hot-potatoed the puck. Just blindly got rid of it so he wouldn't get hit.

And playing him on his off wing is classic Wild. Putting players where they shouldn't be because they don't want to move a vet...

Maybe he'll turn into something, but Fenton has already walked back his "gamebreaker" statement...

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

Granlund was a better fit for the Wild.  Fiala has SOME flash and dash when he's playing Nashville but against other clubs he left a lot to be desired.  His penchant for turnovers and blind passes cost more goals than he scored himself.  

I agree with @IllaZilla it was foolish to trade him at the deadline if our goal was to make the playoffs.  And I'd still argue that trading him 1-for-1 was shortsighted and foolish.  If the Preds still wanted him, we could've asked for another player or a prospect PLUS Fiala.  At the very least get a draft pick plus Fiala.  

• Like 3