Minnesota Wild @ Dallas Stars, Saturday 4-6-19, 7:00pm, American Airlines Arena

MNSOTA

2 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

So they play hunt on the 4th line because brown is sick.

Even though he is a better d man than bitteto who will log more ice time as a defenseman.

Why???

Because Fenton pitches a tent over Bitetto, that’s why...

• Haha 1

#1 Ryan Suter coasting for 27 minutes a game instead of hustling for 20.

At 20  with hustle he Might be worth his paycheck

#2 Mikko Koivu refusing to realize he's a 3rd line center at best.

#3 Bitteto absolutely worthless, bringing back Prosser would be better.

#4 JT Brown never really accomplishes anything.

#5 Dubnyk thinking he should play every game and that Staylock should be sharp when he plays 1 game every 2-1\2 weeks or more.

Power play coach, worst entry in the league, absolutely no rotation to force defenders to move, allowing Suter to play the point and stay at the blue line ALL the time, etc.etc.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 2

5 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

#1 Ryan Suter coasting for 27 minutes a game instead of hustling for 20.

At 20  with hustle he Might be worth his paycheck

#2 Mikko Koivu refusing to realize he's a 3rd line center at best.

#3 Bitteto absolutely worthless, bringing back Prosser would be better.

#4 JT Brown never really accomplishes anything.

#5 Dubnyk thinking he should play every game and that Staylock should be sharp when he plays 1 game every 2-1\2 weeks or more.

Power play coach, worst entry in the league, absolutely no rotation to force defenders to move, allowing Suter to play the point and stay at the blue line ALL the time, etc.etc.

All of the above.  Power Play line-up and strategy is just abysmal.  I will refrain from any commentary upon the WI FarmHand

Fiala missed a wide-open Donato 10 foot pass right in front of the net and breaking alone.  Granlund makes that pass 100 times out of 100.  Outside of younger and ceiling, was this trade worth it?  Would we have made this trade if Fiala wasn't an ex Pred?

7 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Fiala missed a wide-open Donato 10 foot pass right in front of the net and breaking alone.  Granlund makes that pass 100 times out of 100.  Outside of younger and ceiling, was this trade worth it?  Would we have made this trade if Fiala wasn't an ex Pred?

No it wouldn’t have been made. Like I posted in another thread, Granlund still has a year left on his deal. Fletcher gave up a first round pick and two prospects for Jason Pominville with a year left on his deal. Fenton got fleeced. 

Edited by IllaZilla
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

Short of Ryan Suter having a farm accident and aliens kidnapping Parise, probably not much...

other than the typical re-arranging the fourth line...

I know. His hands are pretty much tied 

Suter's defensive strategy is to hold a player back and let him do whatever he wants until he makes a mistake.

Less about defense more about hoping the forward screws up.

Works fine until you run into someone with talent

This is embarrassing.  Stalock has played too well to lose 3-0.  We have 9 shots over almost two whole periods.  During the same time, Stars have at least 30.  The Wild has MAJOR issues from what I have witnessed the past few games.  We lack talent, but we also lack a whole bunch of 'grit', 'drive,' and 'pride.'  I just don't know what to say about 20.  He has waved at at least two players, as they went right by him to our goal.  I might not even be surprised if he was done in 1-2 more years.  He is just embarrassing himself.  

Wide open net from 4 feet and 20 nubs it...Indescribably bad.  Stars G is smirking at his effort. 

Rask might be the worst player I have seen a team trade for in a decade.  It is one thing to pick up a guy like that as a sketchy FA, but to trade for a guy this bad with no redeeming talent, drive, strength or speed, is just humiliatingly bad judgment by Fenton.  I literally laugh at him on the ice.  His last goal the other night (second goal since New Years), was this pathetic end-over-end shot that looked like a change-up to the goalie from about 8 feet and a bad angle and just ping-ponged off pads under the armpit to the embarrassment of the goalie.  This trade was the TURD of the year for the ENTIRE NHL.

Time to enjoy REAL teams in playoffs and hope for luck in the DRAFT (and no current scout making our selection)

Wild End the Season with a Whimper in 3-0 Loss to Dallas

This game was pretty sad.  If it wasn't for Stalock this game could've easily been 6-0 or 7-0.  Minnesota had no push and Staal and the other vets were mostly invisible.  This team doesn't seem too disappointed by the season coming to an end too.  Sad.  Thanks to everyone who read our previews and post-gamers this year.  We hope you at least enjoyed reading them even if what we had to say was probably describing Wild disappointments and Wild losses.  I have a full game recap, some season thoughts and prospect news too.  Enjoy...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Wild End the Season with a Whimper in 3-0 Loss to Dallas

This game was pretty sad.  If it wasn't for Stalock this game could've easily been 6-0 or 7-0.  Minnesota had no push and Staal and the other vets were mostly invisible.  This team doesn't seem too disappointed by the season coming to an end too.  Sad.  Thanks to everyone who read our previews and post-gamers this year.  We hope you at least enjoyed reading them even if what we had to say was probably describing Wild disappointments and Wild losses.  I have a full game recap, some season thoughts and prospect news too.  Enjoy...

Top Notch Crease!  I will hang around once in a while in O-Season.  Thanks for all your efforts!

• Like 1