2019 Off-Season

Two wingers I would kick the tired on for sure would be Matt Zuccarello if the Stars don't bring him back.

And UFA RW/LW Micheal Frolik.

Neither should be to expensive and maybe can plugged into a 3rd line wing spot preferably the RW.

Zuccarello has most of his experience on the LW spot but has played some RW too.

Just my 2 cents on this slow day.

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Two wingers I would kick the tired on for sure would be Matt Zuccarello if the Stars don't bring him back.

And UFA RW/LW Micheal Frolik.

Neither should be to expensive and maybe can plugged into a 3rd line wing spot preferably the RW.

Zuccarello has most of his experience on the LW spot but has played some RW too.

Just my 2 cents on this slow day.

Zuccarello re-signed in Dallas. Nevermind. Fake news. 

Frolik is fine, but I don't see him really as a possible fit anywhere but at 3RW. If you can get him on a short, sub-2 million dollar deal than it's ok, but wing is low on my list of priorities this offseason.

Edited by AJgoal

1 hour ago, AJgoal said:

Zuccarello re-signed in Dallas. Nevermind. Fake news. 

Frolik is fine, but I don't see him really as a possible fit anywhere but at 3RW. If you can get him on a short, sub-2 million dollar deal than it's ok, but wing is low on my list of priorities this offseason.

This would be a strictly depth type of move.

Certainly don't break the bank for them.

And yeah they may get by with a kid on the Phantoms instead.

But I don't want to block anyone either so if need be something that is short and worst case scenario buryable if need be.

Couple of things, 

Mats Zuccarello walks into the Flyers club house and is one of the 3 most skilled players...

I don't stick that guy on the 3rd line.

I also don't see Frolik as a viable signing option. To me anyway- zzzzz. oh him ? meh....

The FA signing needs to move the needle towards awesome, he would be a depth move. 

not interested.

If we are digging into the comcast coffers I want the shiniest bestest player available 

spend the money- get the value 

Bring in a top guy, not a sneaky value guy.

7 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Couple of things, 

Mats Zuccarello walks into the Flyers club house and is one of the 3 most skilled players...

I don't stick that guy on the 3rd line.

I also don't see Frolik as a viable signing option. To me anyway- zzzzz. oh him ? meh....

The FA signing needs to move the needle towards awesome, he would be a depth move. 

not interested.

If we are digging into the comcast coffers I want the shiniest bestest player available 

spend the money- get the value 

Bring in a top guy, not a sneaky value guy.

Uh not on this team.

3rd line is where I put him.

He is a LW who will he bump?

He hasn't put up 20+ goals since 2015-16.

Sorry but a depth player is all he is at this stage.

So it's 3rd line or see ya.

And I would hate to block Oskar on the 3rd line too.

You have Giroux on the top line.

JVR on the 2nd.

Even on the RW you have Konecny and Voracek so where and who would you bump him for?

4 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

@OccamsRazor

I don't bring him in.

you just said he's on your third line, he's not taking 3rd liner money. 

he's not a fit.

Sure not going to go out my way to overpay a 32 year old forward who is putting up 40 points.

He is coming off a contract where he made 4.5 mill per not sure if he is going to see that ever again.

But if he does I sure hope it isn't with the Flyers.

If he does want that just hang up the phone.

I'd consider pursuing Tyler Johnson. 5 years left at 5 million is a bit long, but it's not terrible. Can play any position. Tampa needs to lose someone in order to sign Point and ice a full roster. 

• Like 2

On 5/18/2019 at 9:40 PM, AJgoal said:

I'd consider pursuing Tyler Johnson. 5 years left at 5 million is a bit long, but it's not terrible. Can play any position. Tampa needs to lose someone in order to sign Point and ice a full roster. 

I hadn't considered him, but I would love that.  He can move to right wing, too, if/when one of the Flyers' prospect centers is ready.  I guess he can play the left side, too, but I'm thinking more than likely he'd be swinging right.   The 5 years gets him to, I guess, 32 years old.  So he won't be ancient and will kind of fit that veteran guy role by the time he's done.   And $5M isn't killer.

I'd be thrilled, actually.

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I hadn't considered him, but I would love that.  He can move to right wing, too, if/when one of the Flyers' prospect centers is ready.  I guess he can play the left side, too, but I'm thinking more than likely he'd be swinging right.   The 5 years gets him to, I guess, 32 years old.  So he won't be ancient and will kind of fit that veteran guy role by the time he's done.   And $5M isn't killer.

I'd be thrilled, actually.

This would be a good option if Tampa was wanting to move him.

But at what cost?

He has a good contract and can play all 3 forward positions.

They don't have much leverage if they were to move him however with his speed (which the Flyers really need) there would be a lot of teams in the bidding for his services.

I could see the Bolts wanting to move him out west if they have a say so.

Tampa and Philly had a good trade history going on but most of that was when Stevie Y was there.

But count me in on doing this but i could change my mind on it due to what they want in return.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Rumor I seen, the Leafs trading Nazem Kadri to the Flyers to free up cap space....

His production REALLY dropped off last season. I don't know if I want him at that cap hit or the number of years. I guess it depends on what we have to give up, but I'm leaning towards no.

5 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Rumor I seen, the Leafs trading Nazem Kadri to the Flyers to free up cap space....

I'd have no problems with Kadri in Philadelphia. He had a down year in Toronto last year, but he's a very reliable center that would thrive playing for Vigneault. 

8 hours ago, FD19372 said:

His production REALLY dropped off last season. I don't know if I want him at that cap hit or the number of years. I guess it depends on what we have to give up, but I'm leaning towards no.

His production dropped off because he was dropped to the 3rd line center spot from the 2nd.

I wouldn't open to the discussion of a trade for him. Depending on what they want for him.

8 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

again - ick

why would the Flyers help Toronto out by taking their problem child ?

I'm feeling the Machiavellian urge to offer sheet a young guy- maybe i'm reading too many @RonJeremy posts, but I don't lift a finger to help that team regardless of the player ( well maybe a win-win for Marner) but certainly not for Khadri whom they don't seem to have future plans for any way.

I hope this rumor is just smoke.

2 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

again - ick

I'm feeling the Machiavellian urge to offer sheet a young guy- maybe i'm reading too many @RonJeremy posts, but I don't lift a finger to help that team regardless of the player ( well maybe a win-win for Marner) but certainly not for Khadri whom they don't seem to have future plans for any way.

It would be JUST to help the Leafs out Kadri could plug the 2nd line center hole.

If he can get back to his stats from the previous year i would be good with that.

32 goals 55 points last season and 32 goals 61 points the season before is solid production from the 2nd line pivot.

4.5 mill for the next 3 years is a good contract to boot.

I think he could be a welcome addition to the forward ranks gives them some grit and toughness.

Sure he needs to tone it down some but i would rather have a guy i have to reel in than someone every time i turn around i got to try and motivate.

So this wouldn't be just to help them out this would be to buy Patrick some time and then hopefully by 20-21 Patrick can bump Kadri to the 3rd line for his last year and a half.

• Like 2

On 5/24/2019 at 5:34 AM, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I'd have no problems with Kadri in Philadelphia. He had a down year in Toronto last year, but he's a very reliable center that would thrive playing for Vigneault. 

Yeah, I'm good with him coming to Philly. 

The caveat, as always of course, is what is going the other way. 

On 5/24/2019 at 9:09 AM, mojo1917 said:

again - ick

I honestly don't pay enough attention, so I'm wondering why he's a problem child.  I just figured he's a 2C that had to drop to 3C because of Tavares and Matthews. 

But like I said, I don't pay enough attention. Is there more to that story? 

I agree though, that the Leafs are over the barrel, so I'd push the price down on what's going back. 

The only problem I know of with Kadri is the fact that he hasn't figured out where the line is. 

On another note, a bit from Rick Wilson from the current 31 thoughts:

27. Wilson agreed to discuss a couple of the Flyers. I asked him about the belief Ivan Provorov was mentally affected by trying to secure a big second contract. “I don’t know if the contract bothered him, or if he was being pushed to get more offence to help that,” Wilson answered. “Instead of letting it happen with his natural gifts, he was forcing it a bit. When that happens, you start to overdo it. You’re never going to be perfect, but that makes it worse. Less is more. Let the puck do the work and catch up to it, instead of you doing the work.” He paused. “But (Provorov) has the right attitude. He wants to be on the ice all the time in every situation.”

On 35-point man Travis Sanheim, a left-shot who was moved to the right side next to Provorov: “Very impressive. We gave him a lot to chew on and a lot of responsibility by playing him on his off-wing. It can be good and it can be difficult. He handled it fairly well, but going to his normal side will help him more offensively.” Wilson talked up Robert Hagg (“good penalty killer”) and Radko Gudas (“he worked really hard to stay in control”), adding both Samuel Morin and Philippe Myers are “both ready. They can play. The key is they will both hit a wall, as all young players do. What do you do then? How do you handle it? It’s not easy.” Wilson did not mention Shayne Gostisbehere, so I brought him up. He was careful.
“I would just say that I’m a little disappointed I couldn’t help him bring more of his best on a consistent basis … he is very talented and it is in there.”

• Like 1

On 5/25/2019 at 11:16 AM, ruxpin said:

so I'm wondering why he's a problem child.

He's added a little of the Downey/Carcillo to his game and has been suspended when his team has needed him.

I think he is on the edge and selfish.

I think he has skill and sandpaper, but think in an orange sweater he gets zero leeway. 

So he's not really a problem child per se, just a problem for Toronto that can stay there or go somewhere else. 

40 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

He's added a little of the Downey/Carcillo to his game and has been suspended when his team has needed him.

I think he is on the edge and selfish.

I think he has skill and sandpaper, but think in an orange sweater he gets zero leeway. 

So he's not really a problem child per se, just a problem for Toronto that can stay there or go somewhere else. 

I wonder if a trade might shake him up a little bit. Give him a wake up call. 

Three more years at $4.5M is a pretty darn good deal for a 50 pt guy. I think his best years are behind him, statistically, but he would address a need and 3 years is an ideal contract for a stopgap, especially if he can also play wing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AJgoal said:

Flyers lose Corban Knight in free agency. Signs in the KHL.

Well damn there goes their Cup chances next year.

Where is Andreas Nodl that's the guy they need.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, brelic said:

I wonder if a trade might shake him up a little bit. Give him a wake up call. 

Three more years at $4.5M is a pretty darn good deal for a 50 pt guy. I think his best years are behind him, statistically, but he would address a need and 3 years is an ideal contract for a stopgap, especially if he can also play wing.

Offer them Hagg and go from there.

Sure I know they may want Ghost but his salary wouldn't help their situation.

Hagg''s 1.1 mill would.

Unless they just prefer draft pick compensation and all of Kadri's cap relief.