2019 Off-Season

38 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

@radoran   @OccamsRazor

Just for fun, not for reality probably.

You my fanboy thing for Frost.  But Frost (and maybe something--Ghost?) for Point gets them out of cap hell and gets us a young 2C. 

Counter or dismiss. 

I don't think it's enough.

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

He is yet to score a goal in 2019 if that ain't missing i don't know what is.

Well, that is true, but his PPG isn't really far off.  Just saying, for a defenseman, 45 points in 53 games isn't "missing in action."   It's a 70 point season over 82 games.   It wasn't his shots that were down.  His shooting percentage fell off.  A lot.   That *can* be an aberration.  I mean, he's still getting his shots.  I don't watch a lot of Sharks hockey, but I wonder how different his assists were.  I guess what I'm wondering is if his assists in Ottawa were more of the "creative" variety (passes, etc) whereas he got assists in San Jose because his shots hit people on the way in.   I don't  know.

For whatever reason, I too perceive a drop off and think that will continue.  I'm also worried now about his health.  I think it would actually be a mistake to sign him for what he's going to demand.

@ruxpin

What if the the Flyers were to go out and try and add Johnny Gaudreau and then flip Giroux to the RW??

Gaudreau - Couturier - Giroux

JVR -????????? - Konecny

Lindblom - Patrick - Connolly 

Raffl - Laughton - Hartman

Johnny hasn't played well this postseason....try and take advantage of that make a swap of Jake for him.

Sure it would give them a top hole on the LW but there was already rumor they might go after Bob this offseason. 

Then the Flames could go after Panarin too. Or try and land Skinner. They need to shake up their top 6 too.

I would give the Flames Hagg to make this happen since Johnny is only 25.

I would be ok with Connolly for the 3rd line RW spot for the right price.

I don't know just brainstorming while enjoying the morning cup of coffee.

Flyers need a guy who can score and a guy who can help the PP and i think Johnny can do it.

And i don't have to watch Jake anymore....win win.

28 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Johnny hasn't played well this postseason....try and take advantage of that make a swap of Jake for him.

I would love to have Johnny here, but I'd be shocked if the Flames ever did this. He's the best player they've had since Iginla. Guys like that don't generally get traded in their prime.

Stranger things and all that, but I'd be shocked.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, elmatus said:

I would love to have Johnny here, but I'd be shocked if the Flames ever did this. He's the best player they've had since Iginla. Guys like that don't generally get traded in their prime.

Stranger things and all that, but I'd be shocked.

Sure.

You have to make an offer when a guys stock is low.

He has zero goals yet in the playoffs and then last series in the playoffs they had in just 4 games he also didn't have any goals.

His last playoff goal came in 2014-15.

And I think Monohan is their best player.

We have to understand this would be risky for the Flyers as well.

And they don't have to move him just like the Flyers don't have to move Jake.

Panarin - Monahan - Lindholm 

Tkachuk - Backlund - Voracek

Would give them a new look top 6 too.

I think they go very hard after Bob and the Breadman. And both would be way closer to Russia in Calgary than Florida.

Bob and Panarin will be the top 2 free agents this offseason for sure.

Johnny also said he wanted to play in Philly too before he retires.

I'd rather have him now than when he is 33 or 34.

Edited by OccamsRazor

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sure.

He has zero goals yet in the playoffs and then last series in the playoffs they had in just 4 games he also didn't have any goals.

His last playoff goal came in 2014-15.

And I think Monohan is their best player.

We have to understand this would be risky for the Flyers as well.

And they don't have to move him just like the Flyers don't have to move Jake.

Panarin - Monahan - Lindholm 

Tkachuk - Backlund - Voracek

Would give them a new look top 6 too.

I think they go very hard after Bob and the Breadman. And both would be way closer to Russia in Calgary than Florida.

Bob and Panarin will be the top 2 free agents this offseason for sure.

Johnny also said he wanted to play in Philly too before he retires.

I'd rather have him now than when he is 33 or 34.

Did you sneak a little Bailey's in your morning coffee?? ;)

That's some creative thinking, but it just doesn't work at all cap-wise. The Flames have about $10M after this season, then they would add $2M if they trade for Jake, leaving them with $8M to sign both Panarin and Bob??

Happy Friday!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brelic said:

Did you sneak a little Bailey's in your morning coffee?? ;)

That's some creative thinking, but it just doesn't work at all cap-wise. The Flames have about $10M after this season, then they would add $2M if they trade for Jake, leaving them with $8M to sign both Panarin and Bob??

Happy Friday!

Yeah well I did glance at the cap figures.

Bailey's would have been nice but I have to work.

Well there goes that pipe dream unless they want us to take Giordano off their hands to help them out capwise.

Hanifin too to help.

We give them Hagg and Friedman back in return to help free up some cap space.

Jake 8.25

Hagg 1.15

Frideman 950K

Sandstrom 950K

2019 1st

For 

Gaudeau 6.75

Giordano 6.75

Hanifin 4.95

As I said I'm at work so I can't crunch the numbers.

I think that would free up 10 mill for them in.my head.

So maybe they could sign Panarin and go for the budget sign with Varlamov.

Let's do it they don't need know playoffs next year.

And before someone freaks out and goes ape sh it with some crazy post back.

I'm just messing around no way the Flames can afford to trade all those assets.

🤬

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah well I did glance at the cap figures.

Bailey's would have been nice but I have to work.

Well there goes that pipe dream unless they want us to take Giordano off their hands to help them out capwise.

Hanifin too to help.

We give them Hagg and Friedman back in return to help free up some cap space.

Jake 8.25

Hagg 1.15

Frideman 950K

Sandstrom 950K

2019 1st

For 

Gaudeau 6.75

Giordano 6.75

Hanifin 4.95

As I said I'm at work so I can't crunch the numbers.

I think that would free up 10 mill for them in.my head.

So maybe they could sign Panarin and go for the budget sign with Varlamov.

Let's do it they don't need know playoffs next year.

And before someone freaks out and goes ape sh it with some crazy post back.

I'm just messing around no way the Flames can afford to trade all those assets.

🤬

I just want to see Fletch make some solid hockey trades. That means that we have to give up quality to get quality, and I'm sure some/most/all of us won't like some of the deals. 

He hasn't really made any significant trade or signing yet, so I'm still waiting to see what he's got up his sleeve.

• Like 2

Flyers Offseason Needs:

1) Competent back-up NOT named Elliot or Nuevy

2) A winger with a sniper shot (who shoots on the PP)

3) Veteran Defensman/Leader type

Then you let AV come in and do his thing....ya know, an actual bonafide NHL coach! his record should at least get him a fair and open shot year one....THEN we start the "Fire AV" thread sometime around Dec no?.... :)

20 minutes ago, brelic said:

I just want to see Fletch make some solid hockey trades. That means that we have to give up quality to get quality, and I'm sure some/most/all of us won't like some of the deals

so long as it isn't a Myers for 2 years of anonymous washed up middle 6 forward, i think i'm okay with sending quality out.

If it's Ghost he better be bringing back immediate help, I fall into the camp of thinking he can still be a difference making player and I would be triggered and probably need a safe space should he be included in a deal where Ryan Suter and Eric Staal are coming our way.

Same with Voracek, 1: he is one of Mrs Mojo's favorites, B: he drives play. iii: points- he does produce.

So if he's leaving there better be dynamic, electric-skills and blah blah blah coming back that can help NOW, not in 2 years...

I actually like @OccamsRazor 's idea of trying to work something with CalGary,  he will be far away and won't light us up 8 times a year and they look to be underachieving, but less than us, also. So a shake up with the right quality guys could be win/win.

6 minutes ago, MaineFlyFan said:

Then you let AV come in and do his thing....ya know, an actual bonafide NHL coach! his record should at least get him a fair and open shot year one....THEN we start the "Fire AV" thread sometime around Dec no?.... :)

Dude, I got you already.

We'll just pull this baby out when we need it. 

hockey.PNG

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, MaineFlyFan said:

THEN we start the "Fire AV" thread sometime around Dec no?.... :)

guaranteed to happen if the Flyers go 5-10 in first 15 games of season.....  :smileyandcomputer:

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 1

On 4/18/2019 at 11:41 AM, mojo1917 said:

I actually like @OccamsRazor 's idea of trying to work something with CalGary,  he will be far away and won't light us up 8 times a year and they look to be underachieving, but less than us, also. So a shake up with the right quality guys could be win/win.

So they are a little upset at Johnny hockey and his disappearance in these playoffs.

https://insideedgehockeynews.com/the-instigator-welcome-to-playoff-hockey-johnny-gaudreau/

Now (after they get beat of course) jump in and swing a trade for Johnny.

I would give them Lindblom and Hagg for him....or it's a starting point of negotiations...

Gaudreau - Couturier - Giroux

JVR -????????? - Voracek

Hagelin - Patrick - Konecny

Raffl - Laughton - Hartman

Hagelin had some of his best year under AV.

Then you just need to add a 2nd line center.

Edited by OccamsRazor
Sure it's risky. He is only under contract for 3 years...

13 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Now (after they get beat of course) jump in and swing a trade for Johnny.

I would give them Lindblom and Hagg for him....or it's a starting point of negotiations...

We have footage from the Calgary GM's office after getting this offer

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, radoran said:

We have footage from the Calgary GM's office after getting this offer

Well i said it's a starting point...i mean they guys we are trading for him only have one less point than he has in the playoffs this year.

So what else would we need to offer some draft picks??

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

Well i said it's a starting point...i mean they guys we are trading for him only have one less point than he has in the playoffs this year.

So what else would we need to offer some draft picks??

By that logic, the Flyers should trade Giroux for his four points in the last 12 playoff games he's played.

Any GM that would trade a 25 year old multiple 30+ goal scorer for Oskar Lindblom and Robert Hagg because he "had a disappointing playoffs" should be fired before getting the chance.

Sean Couturier had zero points in his first eight playoff games. Should the Flyers have traded him for two low-to-middling players?

Of course not.

You wanna start with Voracek (retaining $2M in salary) and a couple of 1sts you might have a conversation started.

Started.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, radoran said:

Any GM that would trade a 25 year old multiple 30+ goal scorer for Oskar Lindblom and Robert Hagg because he "had a disappointing playoffs" should be fired before getting the chance.

I mean i guess if you are ignoring the part where i said it's the starting point of negotiations.

You left out any counter offer, only offered criticism...is that all you have to add to this conversation?? 

Is that all you have to add???

4 minutes ago, radoran said:

You wanna start with Voracek (retaining $2M in salary) and a couple of 1sts you might have a conversation started.

I missed this i didn't scroll down my screen enough...ok so you're saying you want Voracek as part of it??

Or Jake, Lindblom, Hagg and a couple 1st too??

Make me an offer.

Andrew Mangiapane and Oliver Kylington.

I mean i guess if you are ignoring the part where i said it's the starting point of negotiations.

You left out any counter offer, only offered criticism...is that all you have to add to this conversation?? 

Is that all you have to add???

As a starting point.

Seriously, how is anyone supposed to take the concept of Lindblom and Hagg for Johnny Hockey seriously?

And, in case you missed it, I did say

5 minutes ago, radoran said:

Or Jake, Lindblom, Hagg and a couple 1st too??

Why does Calgary want Lindblom or Hagg?

They have five vets signed on D for next season and five younger guys bubbling up already.

4 minutes ago, radoran said:

Andrew Mangiapane and Oliver Kylington.

I'm going to need more than that to move the Captain and i'd swap Kylington out with Valimaki first.

So let's go with the Jake trade we'll work on that.

5 minutes ago, radoran said:

Why does Calgary want Lindblom or Hagg?

Gives them a LW for Johnny and Hagg could replace Andersson (who is meh) in the lineup to give them some more thump which they lack vs the Avs.

7 minutes ago, radoran said:

They have five vets signed on D for next season and five younger guys bubbling up already.

Remove some of the meh soft guys in Hanifin and Andersson...they ain't providing any offense and Hagg is better than both i think.

On 4/18/2019 at 6:48 AM, OccamsRazor said:

His last playoff goal came in 2014-15

I know by low sell high, but this particular argument makes me wonder why I want to throw in for a guy who disappears when the stakes get high. 

As far as Flames' best player, I'd put Giordano in the conversation with Monahan.  And then Johnny hockey (or Lindholm).