2019 Off-Season

27 minutes ago, radoran said:

You wanna start with Voracek (retaining $2M in salary) and a couple of 1sts you might have a conversation started.

Voracek isn't chopped liver, I think him and this year's first gets you close. 

For real.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I know by low sell high, but this particular argument makes me wonder why I want to throw in for a guy who disappears when the stakes get high.

Sure so let trade one for one.

Voracek for Gaudreau then. Settle then..... warm up the Lumina... 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Voracek isn't chopped liver, I think him and this year's first gets you close. 

For real.

Just looking over the last 3 years they are close in production.

Voracek 212 points 

Gaudreau 244 points

So not a huge discrepancy there. The gap can be bridged. 

Jake more of a play maker, Johnny more of the goal scorer. 

And the best part.

And over the last two playoff years.........they have the same amount of playoff points.

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Just looking over the last 3 years they are close in production.

Voracek 212 points 

Gaudreau 244 points

So not a huge discrepancy there. The gap can be bridged. 

Jake more of a play maker, Johnny more of the goal scorer. 

And the best part.

And over the last two playoff years.........they have the same amount of playoff points.

giphy.gif

when you put it like that, Voracek and Hagg ought to do it. keep our first. Johnny Gadreau isn't worth 2 first round picks...sorry

1 minute ago, mojo1917 said:

when you put it like that, Voracek and Hagg ought to do it. keep our first. Johnny Gadreau isn't worth 2 first round picks...sorry

Oh yeah i am not moving all that....especially for a guy who will be a UFA in 3 years.

4 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I'm not at all saying he's WORTH two firsts. I'm saying that's what it might take to get Calgary interested in dealing him.

If you had Gaudreau, what would you want for him?

24 minutes ago, radoran said:

I'm not at all saying he's WORTH two firsts. I'm saying that's what it might take to get Calgary interested in dealing him.

If you had Gaudreau, what would you want for him?

I probably want him to score for my team, I don't think I actively shop him. 

That said Voracek is a play driver, he's a little older, but he's larger and has been durable.  He's on a not great deal but it isn't awful, retain some of that salary and add a 2nd ? 

I think if I would want to trade JG I think I try to add a different kind of player in his place.  A guy with some size and some playmaking ability. Voracek would be those things.

Gadreaeu is really struggling in this series, I'd hate to be his stick, I'm sure it's got his palm prints imprinted on it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Gaudreau is really struggling in this series

And to make matters worse in the first period alone last night he was awarded a penalty shot and had two other break away goals denied and right after the last stop the Avs score and go up 2-0!!!!

Dude is struggling hard...i think he needs a change of scenery after this quick exit...i know just the place for him....

12 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Gadreaeu is really struggling in this series, I'd hate to be his stick, I'm sure it's got his palm prints imprinted on it.

And the WORST part he finally scored a playoff goal and they waive it off for goalie interference!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!

giphy.gif

• Uggh... 1

13 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Gadreaeu is really struggling in this series,

I just don't decide to trade a player based on one playoff series.

I'd offer Voracek and even retain a million or two.

I just think if the roles were reversed we'd go bonkers if we traded Gaudreau for that.

32 minutes ago, radoran said:

I just don't decide to trade a player based on one playoff series.

I'd offer Voracek and even retain a million or two.

I just think if the roles were reversed we'd go bonkers if we traded Gaudreau for that.

giphy.gif

How about a nice free agent who can play RW wing....just needs a contract offer...

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/180935/ilya-mikheyev

6-2 194 some good size and skill to go.

Or a nice 6-3 187 Finn defenseman who is a right hand shot...just needs a contract...

Sign him and stash him on the Phantoms. They don't have any Finns...need a finn to win.

Hopefully the look all around for some help....not just in North America. Go get em Chuck...

SHL and Liiga have a transfer agreement so even the players there who are under contract can sign a deal to play in the NHL.

The KHL and NHL don't have an agreement. Ilya Mikheyev isn't under contract for 2019-20.

2 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

@radoran

My comment about JG struggling was just an observation,  not necessarily a "bargaining position".

Yeah, but the whole topic was broached when Occ suggested trading Lindblom and Hagg for him because he had a terrible first round.

6 minutes ago, radoran said:

Yeah, but the whole topic was broached when Occ suggested trading Lindblom and Hagg for him because he had a terrible first round.

You still can trade them two for him it's not like it's set in stone you can add to the deal...seems you just like being obtuse with this conversation.

And i never said the Flames wanted to trade him...but after this 2nd postseason of nothing like last year's playoff performance  they may be much more open to it.

But he wasn't alone in under performing this year.

Swap Lindblom out for Voracek and they might be more inclined to listen...merely a trade suggestion with nothing more right now going on.

Add Hagg add/or Hagg and a 1st. Or they could say they need even more and then just hang the phone up.

Flyers sound like they are just going to run it back with the current group and maybe add a piece here or there.

I could see that. Maybe AV helps Jake get his head out his ass when it counts.

Regardless they need a 2nd line center just to give Patrick time to grow into the role.

I wouldn't do that deal even if he didn't crap out in that series, lindblom is just about to really come into his own (imo) and I don't think I would take that gamble on giving up lindblom just yet, I think it would come back to bite us in the can later on and there's guarantee as to Johnny hockey is going to be so "wonderful" ,no disrespect to jg just wouldn't include lindblom in such a deal

7 minutes ago, Special guest speaker said:

I wouldn't do that deal even if he didn't crap out in that series, lindblom is just about to really come into his own (imo) and I don't think I would take that gamble on giving up lindblom just yet, I think it would come back to bite us in the can later on and there's guarantee as to Johnny hockey is going to be so "wonderful" ,no disrespect to jg just wouldn't include lindblom in such a deal

You could be right. But in order to get a guy like him you have to give up something back.

6 minutes ago, Special guest speaker said:

Vorachoke I'll pack his bags for him!!!!!

I agree he would give them something solid back...a proven play maker...where as Lindblom is still an unknown.

Hagg could give them some much needed toughness on the backend.

They don't have a guy on their blueline who can play as physical as Hagg can. And to me he is a solid improvement on two of their current defensemen.

They have limited cap space going into next year so they could want some help with the cap hit.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

You still can trade them two for him it's not like it's set in stone you can add to the deal...seems you just like being obtuse with this conversation

Not at all arguing the point. Was just pointing out ot mojo where it started.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

And i never said the Flames wanted to trade him...but after this 2nd postseason of nothing like last year's playoff performance  they may be much more open to it.

Right, and nobody here is looking to trade Giroux for a middling winger and a disappointing defenceman just because he's had bad playoff production in his past three playoffs.

It would take a serious overpayment for the Flyers - or this board - to want to trade Giroux and the same thing is true about Gaudreau.