News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

pilldoc

Round #1 Western Conference: Nashville Predators (C1) vs Dallas Stars (WC1)

Round #1 Western Conference: Nashville Predators (C1) vs Dallas Stars (WC1  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the series?

• Predators sweep
    • Predators in 5
    • Predators in 6
    • Predators in 7
    • Stars sweep
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 7

Posted (edited)

435597929_PREDSCOMPLETE.jpg.7a8c211a46f3ee9f800b4a6a87a67ef7.jpg

Ok, you know the drill.  All discussion regarding the Stars vs Preds series goes here.

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

I picked Nashville in 5.   I'm sticking with it, but I wouldn't be the slightest bit shocked if Bishop doesn't steal some games.  

Another case of a team with a fantastic top line (Dallas), but very average looking lines after that....BUT playing a surprisingly good brand of defense, with Ben Bishop or Anton Khudobin backing up the efforts.

Preds have been grooming themselves for a Cup win for a while now, and even though they have many times looked very mediocre during the year (mostly due to injury to key guys and just not getting in sync with each other as players got shuffled around), I think they have, overall the better, deeper, more Cup ready squad in this match up.

If Nashville plays to their capabilities, they have the horses to close out this series in 4 or 5 games.
But I won't sell the Stars that short simply based on their top line that can go off at any moment and the fact that the goaltending and defense have done stellar jobs throughout the year.

But the Predators are much further along on the competitive scale and they take the series with an eye to at LEAST the Western Finals, by a count of 4 games to 2 and move on from here.

I picked the Predators in six, I think the Stars will make this a series especially with Zucarello back but Nashville loaded up with depth at the deadline and will wear Dallas down.