Round #1 Westen Conference: Winnipeg Jets(C2) vs St. Louis Blues (C3)

pilldoc

Round #1 Westen Conference: Winnipeg Jets(C2) vs St. Louis Blues (C3)  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the series?

• Jets sweep
    • Jets in 5
    • Jets in 6
    • Jets in 7
    • Blues sweep
    • Blues in 5
    • Blues in 6
    • Blues in 7

9 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

St Louis.  My pick to hoist the Cup

Jinx .....  well hell...now the Jets are going to win. LOL

Still gonna go Blues in 7.  So goes Binnington...so go the Blues.  I can't put my finger it, but something is not right with the Jets.  Last year Hell boy came out of no where and no Binnington.  I see the Blues in an upset.

2 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Jinx .....  well hell...now the Jets are going to win. LOL

Still gonna go Blues in 7.  So goes Binnington...so go the Blues.  I can't put my finger it, but something is not right with the Jets.  Last year Hell boy came out of no where and no Binnington.  I see the Blues in an upset.

LIKE LAST YEAR?  When nobody believed in the Capitals but me?  Bring it on sucker

I picked the Jets in 7 but man this has the making of a classic series. My reasoning is this:

1)Binnington: he has to turn into a pumpkin sooner or later doesn't he?

2) Morrissey and Buff went down, the Jets stumbled. Buff is back, Morrissey looks to be back as well. I think the two of them give the Jets the edge on defense, Hellboy is the better goalie, and the Jets have the better forwards. Quite frankly the Jets underachieved, the Blues played over their head, I am going with the Jets.

Jets hobbling into the playoffs, but in they are.
And despite some very lackluster play throughout the year, either sat at the top, or has been around the top of the Central all year long.

Some "sleepy" players on their roster whom I believe should wake up for the start of the second season and if the Jets can stay healthy, Hellebuyck stays focused, and they dictate the pace, I see no reason why the Jets can't win this (home ice for them will be huge too!), in a hotly competitive 7 game set.

The Blues with their strong possession game, underrated offense, and lights out goaltending with Jordan Binnington (but will he wilt under the bright lights, scrutiny, and hostile crowd at The Peg?), do have the ability to score the upset here, however.

Here is the thing:
If the Jets are to win this, which I believe they can, it won't be easy, but all the things that favor them (slightly deeper lineup, faster defense, a bit more seasoned playoff guys, and home ice) will allow them to win a competitive series.

If the Blues are to win this, it would mean that something on the Jets isn't quite right, St. Louis overwhelms them all over the ice, and this series is over in short order....as in 5-game Blues win.

But I think the Jets show up, I think they will be ready, I think their head coach will put the regular season behind them and all the publicity the Blues got for their miraculous run, and get down to business.

Like I said, Jets in 7.....with Laine being a big, big factor.

Yawn... Blues up 1-0.

Jets will still take this.
I DID say Winnipeg would need 7 games, so games like yesterday are gonna happen.
And again, if the Blues do win this, it will be in quick fashion, so longer series = better for Winnipeg.

Anyways, kudos to Jordan Binnington who passed a major test yesterday...proving that he isn't just a regular season wonder.
He came out of nowhere, helped (almost single handedly) right the St. Louis ship during the season, and showed he is prime time ready for the playoffs as well...……..well, Game 1 he was anyways.

Didn't watch too much of this game (my attention was mostly on CBJ-TB and PIT-NYI), but I saw The 'Peg go up early and thought, yea, Jets are gonna start rolling, but obviously, Binnington and his guys had other ideas.

Let's see if the Jets come ready for Game 2.

On 4/7/2019 at 12:22 PM, pilldoc said:

270617125_Jetcomplete.thumb.jpg.06e8990359f74a2fb769b445271b5d56.jpg

All discussion between the Jets / Blues playoff series should go here.

If Jets can find themselves after a horrid last month of the season, i think they still have a shot. Series going 7.

On 4/11/2019 at 1:06 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Let's see if the Jets come ready for Game 2.

This suggests they were not ready for Game 1, which I don't think is the case. In fact, they were the better team, they had the better chances. They failed to put the Blues away, which is a failing, but it's not a failing of being prepared. 

If anything, the Blues didn't come out very well. Their PP was crap and they gave up more high danger chances than they wished. Two posts by the Jets prevented it from being 3-0 Jets. I expect the Blues to be way better in the first period. Which should give Jets fans cause for concern.

21 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

This suggests they were not ready for Game 1, which I don't think is the case. In fact, they were the better team, they had the better chances. They failed to put the Blues away, which is a failing, but it's not a failing of being prepared. 

If anything, the Blues didn't come out very well. Their PP was crap and they gave up more high danger chances than they wished. Two posts by the Jets prevented it from being 3-0 Jets. I expect the Blues to be way better in the first period. Which should give Jets fans cause for concern.

Well, my comment wasn't so much to suggest they were NOT ready in Game 1, but rather, to imply they need to put Game 1 behind them, start fresh, as if that loss never occurred, and focus on the task at hand in Game 2..... hence, "Come ready!"  ;)

An old cliché type thing when a team loses a game some people felt they could have won, but didn't.
Bolts need to come ready for Game 2 as well, for instance, and I KNOW they were in Game 1.

40 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Well, my comment wasn't so much to suggest they were NOT ready in Game 1, but rather, to imply they need to put Game 1 behind them, start fresh, as if that loss never occurred, and focus on the task at hand in Game 2..... hence, "Come ready!"  ;)

An old cliché type thing when a team loses a game some people felt they could have won, but didn't.
Bolts need to come ready for Game 2 as well, for instance, and I KNOW they were in Game 1.

Ok, I stand corrected - besides I never said the English language was my strong point!

10 minutes ago, Clarke2Leach said:

Good game by the Jets last night.  It'll be interesting to see if Binnington rebounds or if it will matter.  I really do think the Jets have the superior lineup and the top line really hasn't done much yet.

Yeah that has to be the worry for the Blues, waking that top line up.  The Blues played very much like they were up 2-0 in a series - I expect them to be much better in Game 4.

On 4/15/2019 at 12:17 PM, Clarke2Leach said:

Good game by the Jets last night.  It'll be interesting to see if Binnington rebounds or if it will matter.  I really do think the Jets have the superior lineup and the top line really hasn't done much yet.

Your crazy to say they have the superior lineup.  Better than Teresenko, O'Reilly, Swartz, Steen, Perron, Pietrangelo, and the list goes on.  Laime is the only guy in that class.  Do you think I am worried about one loss over lucky bounce goals?  Worried about baby face Maurice and his 1965 glass's?  And Bygoonlien should be banned longer than Kadri.  He is the dirtiest damn player in the NHL

Archived