Round #1 Western Conference: Calgary Flames (P1) vs Colorado Avalanche (WC2)

pilldoc

Round #1 Western Conference: Calgary Flames (P1) vs Colorado Avalanche (WC2)  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the series?

• Flames sweep
    • Flames in 5
    • Flames in 6
    • Flames in 7
    • Avalanche sweep
    • Avalanche in 5
    • Avalanche in 6
    • Avalanche in 7

17 minutes ago, hf101 said:

Speaking of NAHANA - I picked up Grubauer off the FA list a couple of weeks before the playoffs started.  How about them apples?

:anidea:

Yeah, you grabbed him the same time I grabbed him in AllStars.   I thought about NAHANA about an hour later and you'd already grabbed him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

How ya feeling about it now?  🤔

Yea, well, what can I say?
This first playoff round is like Bizarro World...

Record setting team gone in a 4-game sweep..... Trotz' team takes out the Penguins in 4 as well (I expected the Pens to at least win ONE game!!), Stars and their one line offense hanging with the Preds, Canes coming back on the Caps, this series, the Avs take out the top seeded Western Flames in 5, and the MOST bizzare of them all, St. Louis is leading their series and could win it tonight... :shifty:

Yep...been that kind of opening playoff round.

One of the things I like about hockey IS the unpredictability….but if you are a gambling person, it could also bankrupt you just as fast.
Which is why I like to think I am smart enough to NEVER put any mortgage money on anything NHL. ;)

Congrats to the Avs, I suppose.
Calgary's playstyle DID sorta lend itself to possibly being upset, but I wouldn't have gone along with the Avs doing the upsetting, certainly not in 5.

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

I just think they were offensively cold some down the stretch and their goaltending failed.

It was actually the combo of the two.

They lost game #2 and #4 by one goal.

The Avs just made them pay when they made mistakes (sounds like the Flyers season).

Then in the elimination game Johnny Hockey was denied on a penalty shot, denied on two more breakaways.

And right after stopped Johnny on the 2nd breakaway the Avs scored to go up 2-0. You could see the air go out of them after that one.

Then to make matters worse Johnny finally scored a friggin goal and it gets waived off yeah it couldn't get any worse.

And then right after that play Anderssen gets the puck right between the dots in their zone and panics and those it up the middle to an Avs player who passes it to Wilson in the slot for the score and they were done.

Now don't get me wrong the whole Flames team struggled this year for sure.

But someone who struggled all year and is signed for 4 more years at 5.75 mill per.......James Neal.

Who was a healthy scratch last night.

Thy got 7 goals and 12 assist in 63 games....certainly not worth 5.75mill.

So how can they rid themselves of this contract....he will be 32 at the start of next season.

They will have to send a pick and prospect to a team to take him....i'm looking at Arizona....buh bye James!!!!!!