Person who assaulted Rangers fan turns himself in

Guest BobDailey

That is great! I was talking with my boss about it yesterday. He has been out of town for the last few weeks and he didn't hear about it. This is good and bad. Good that the entire US doesn't know that this happened, bad thing is that the entire US doesn't know this happened.

Dynamo47 put it best, send this guy to Parris Island South Carolina for a 4 year stint in the Marine Corps. That will straighten his ass out real quick.

Thank you for the update Bob, I was wondering what was going on with this story.

@BobDailey

That would be really sad if he did.

Is it me or does this sort of thing seem to be getting worse over the years? I've been to FedEx Field and the Meadowlands donning my Eagles Jersey and caught my fair share of heckling, but never did it come close to fighting.

I am willing to go as far to say that the guy that turned himself in didn't even attend the WC and got hammered at his residence then later went out to tourist spots looking for trouble.

In any case, this man (and I use that term loosely) and his pals are violent animals that represent exactly what is wrong with this county. I am not saying they should have a group hug after the game, but beating up a guy that bad over a game that none of them participated in???

Sorry for the rant....

SOUTH JERSEY MAN TURNS HIMSELF IN GLASSBORO NJ

NOT EVEN FROM PHILLY

HAS A POLICE RECORD

READ BELOW HOT OFF THE E-PRESS

A 32-year-old man has been arrested and charged in the beating of two New York Rangers fans outside Geno's Steaks after the Winter Classic hockey game on Jan. 2.

Dennis Veteri, of Glassboro, was released early today after posting 10 percent of $50,000 bail, according to court records.

He is charged with 2 counts each of aggravated assault, conspiracy aggravated assault, simple assault and reckless endangerment, the records show.

Police are looking for other alleged assailants in the beating, which was caught on video and posted online.

Two Rangers fans who were wearing team jerseys were injured in the attack outside the South Philadelphia landmark eatery.

The assault resulted in the hospitalization of Neal Auricchio, an off-duty Woodbridge, N.J., police officer and Iraq war veteran who suffered a concussion and required numerous stitches.

An edited, police-version of the video shows a Flyers fan in a Claude Giroux jersey throwing the first punch.

Court records show that Veteri has been sentenced to probation for aggravated assault and drugs possession in Philadelphia in the past.

So, the theory here is that there are hospitalizations after brutal beatings of people standing in line at sandwich shops on a regular basis in Philadelphia which get no attention because they're not off-duty, out-of-state cops that are beaten up?

Put your analysts on danger money, baby.

The reason this got so much attention is that there was video of it and nothing makes the media go goo-goo-googley-eyed faster than something on video.

Add the ability to further the "bad Philly fan" myth and you've got national headlines.

But make no mistake. If you're brutally beaten while standing in line for a sandwich and then hospitalized, there will be an investigation by the police if you report it.

That is great! I was talking with my boss about it yesterday. He has been out of town for the last few weeks and he didn't hear about it. This is good and bad. Good that the entire US doesn't know that this happened, bad thing is that the entire US doesn't know this happened.

Dynamo47 put it best, send this guy to Parris Island South Carolina for a 4 year stint in the Marine Corps. That will straighten his ass out real quick.

Thank you for the update Bob, I was wondering what was going on with this story.

And Bert, if this idiot was a season ticket holder, his tickets privileges should be removed ASAP.

See i have problem with this. Because it was not a cop involved, then anybody was not even looking for this poor guy.

F.. I hate when goverment is using thier power in benefit themself only.

WHAT? This is a perfect example of people doing their civic duty, and the police doing their job. This guy assaulted and injured someone. The attack was videotaped. The police have the video. The police posted the video on the internet and asked people to identify the guy. I'm sure his friends and family told him the cops were looking for him and he'd be in even bigger trouble if he didn't turn himself in. And you think something is wrong here? Sorry, but that is a very screwed up attitude.

Edited by JackStraw

But make no mistake. If you're brutally beaten while standing in line for a sandwich and then hospitalized, there will be an investigation by the police if you report it.

Yes but it would not have been settled this quickly or become important enough for them to find the assailant. The media coverage pushed this to the forefront and was just important as the victim is a cop and vet. If it was a regular citizen, I would think they can careless as there's alot of assaults that happens everyday in a big city.