Flyers goaltender steals a game? No way!

Guest terp

The Nassau Coliseum the dump that it is makes the back up sit on a fold up chair in the Zamboni chute. The good news he was sitting there. The better news, he got to sit with hot ice girls.

He had the look of "I may never start again".

He would look great in a Leafs jersey.

@Hexy27

It does make you wonder exactly what is going through his mind, all kidding aside. Is he the type to sit quietly by and collect his $51M or does he want to play, whether here or elsewhere? I would love to get inside his head. Something it appears that Homer (?) didn't do before he signed him to a lifetime contract.

@Bertmega

I don't know if any GM is dumb enough to take Bryz's contract. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

in the end, how can lavi not go with bob again in nashville ?

The commentary last night suggested that Bob is getting an 8-10 game tryout. I think the job is now Bob's to lose.

Edited by Hexy27

1st, Kudos to Bob for absolutely stealing a game for the Flyers. He has more than earned the right to the driver's seat. Hopefully this serves as a wake up call for Bryz. The only way the Flyers can possibly move him is if he is playing bettter......

@flyerrod

in the end I think it is going to be like a Tim Thomas situation. Rask played lights out and then came back to earth. I suspect that Bob will get the nod this season, but Bryz will be the starter next season.

It will be too hard to move Bryzgalov without giving up too much. I would imagine we would have to package Couturier and a 1st to get Bryzgalov out of here. And we would have to take some serious salary back too.

All we can hope for is that Bryzgalov uses this summer to think long and hard about wanting to commit 110% on the ice and we see the goalie that we've been hoping for all these years.

However, if a logical trade comes up, then I say c'ya don't let the door hit you in the ass Ilya.

I am hoping that Burke is dumb enough to have interest in Bryzgalov and Ilya will waive his NTC. After 41 games I really don't think that will happen though.

@Phlyer1 -the perfect place for bryzgalov is place like tampa where no one really cares about hockey and where he can say all the stupid things he wants and no will question him. that's why he seemed ok in phoenix. he's still a decent goalie , just not for what we're paying him. philly is a high pressure place for a goalie and bryzgalov just has the wrong personality. on the other hand 'bob' seems like the kind of guy that welcomes the pressure/adversity.

@fan4ever

I saw that! I actually felt bad for him. I also noticed the Flyers' announcers pushing Bob more as the #1. I think that sygnals the end of Bryz's stay here though I don't know how they move him.

Send him to the Blue Jackets. They are desperate for a number 1 goal tender. They can blow up the team, dump some salary, and do us a huge favor.

The Nassau Coliseum the dump that it is makes the back up sit on a fold up chair in the Zamboni chute. The good news he was sitting there. The better news, he got to sit with hot ice girls.

He had the look of "I may never start again".

He would look great in a <acronym title='Toronto Maple Leafs'>Leafs</acronym> jersey.

Leafs might not be a stretch. Burke GM, Francios Allaire as goalie coach (going from memory here on), might make a bit of a Anaheim reunion. Allaire also was Bryz's coach pre-NHL iirc. Bryz might waive for that opportunity to get his career back on track. I don't want any players from the Leafs though...but that will have to give.

What if Burke and Homer were actually talking about a Bryz deal of sorts? Hmmmm.