Center Ice, MSG Network and Time F*$^(* Warner Cable

Guest canoli

Hey guys - Those of us in the NYC area know by now that Time Warner isn't carrying the MSG Network anymore - MSG, MSG+ and MSG2. So last night's Flyers / Islanders game wasn't on t.v.

I expected Center Ice would show the game since there's no t.v. coverage in the NY area anymore. Unfortunately it didn't happen. I got 30 seconds of Jim Jackson's intro and then the screen went blank.

Calls to Time Warner produced nothing but "call Center Ice." Center Ice's website says to "contact your local cable provider" regarding service problems.

Does anyone know how to "contact Center Ice?"

This royally sucks. Between the Devils, the Rags and the Isles, a lot of games are suddenly gone if CI or GameCenter doesn't pick up the slack.

GameCenter = "Not available in your area" - apparently going by the outdated protocol whereby locally televised games are not available on GameCenter.

The talks between Time Warner and MSG Network are at a standstill - each side blames the other and there's little hope of a reconciliation any time soon.

So - just wondering. Did anyone get the game on CI last night? Anyone in the NY area?

Watching it online - firstrowsports, whatever - is okay but it's not reliable. I need to find a better answer.

Somebody has to show these games don't they? I know the NHL is the bastard cousin of the sports world but this is NYC - 3 NHL teams and their fans (plus the Knicks, Nets for the NBA crowd).

If anyone knows anything - or is in the same boat - I'd like to know. Maybe we can mobilize these Time Warner / MSG idiot execs...

No, if it's blacked out it's blacked out. I've never gotten any feed when the Flyers play a NY-area team. But it was okay because MSG always had the game. Or Versus.

It seems as if GameCenter and Center Ice haven't head the news that MSG is no longer broadcasting over Time Warner's cable - or else they just don't give a damn...

I am in upstate NY and got the Islanders feed on Center Ice. I have Dish Network which dropped MSG 2 years ago but i still get the away feeds for Rags, debbies and Isles. Just the Sabre games are blacked out for me, which is fine because I can not stand that screaming drunk announcer Rick Jennerette.

LOL @ Sami - I hear ya - Jeanerette is - for me - the absolute worst voice in the NHL - he beats that phony in Washington even, the guy who puts that lame "growl" into every call - what the hell is his name? Beninatti.

So what happens when the Flyers play the Sabres? Do you get the game?

Same question to you Digi - do you get Bruins/Flyers games on CI?

Assuming in both cases it's not a national game on NBC or Versus.

Center Ice did broadcast the game last night, I watched it.

Even if they blackout your local channel you should still get the away feed on Center Ice. If you didn't I would call your cable provider.

That's how it works here in Ohio too. I got the game on Center Ice last night, though it was just one feed - I got JJ and company. Most of the time they have both the home and away.

Edit - it's also the case that the Columbus Blue Jacket games are blacked out on Center Ice. I normally just watch them on Fox Sports Ohio. Though I do seem to recall seeing the Jackets on Center Ice - it may have been the away feed.

thanks Sami - looks like that's the position I'm in now that MSG Network is no longer carried by Time Warner. So whenever the Flyers play the Rags, the Devils or the Isles I'll be watching online I guess.

I never have games blacked out but then again I'm most clearly out of the area. They blacked out an Avs game for a period one time and I called and before the phone was hung up it was on. I assume they had already discovered the error. The only time I had to worry was when comcast/versus had the dispute with direct tv...