You are a guest user Click to join the site
News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

Sign in to follow this  
Hockey Junkie

Sabres should name next coach before draft, but may wait until playoffs end?

I have to assume Botterill is either going to grab an assistant from a current playoff team, or maybe tap into the American League and maybe give Chris Taylor, the former Sabre and current Americans coach consideration.  I would prefer to grab Lindy Ruff back.  Someone told me he read that Ruff does not want to return?  I find that hard to believe. New GM, new owner. Regier is long gone. Lindy is an assistant with the Rangers.  I would think he would want the head job in the city he played for?  If Botterill listens to the outcry of the fans here that support Ruff and there are many.  Taylor?  He would be another Housley. No experience as an NHL head coach, but he has one thing over Housley, he has been a HEAD coach.  Good luck to Phil.  His partying speech was thankful and I think he understood based on what took place, he had to be let go.  He lost this team months ago.  After the 10 game streak ended it was a gradual tailspin that escalated.  Huge moves ahead by Botterill in FA and the draft.  He has to address the goalie situation. I do not believe in Hutton. He got his chance and the two straight games he blew by dropping the puck into his own goal were enough for me. Allen is better than Hutton.  No doubt. The Blues have their goalie now. Wonder if Allen is available? Would not be the worst guy to have in net while trying to find the franchise guy of the future. Especially if they believe it could be the Fin?