Jump to content
News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

yave1964

Kadri crosschecks Debrusk across the face (poll)

How long will Kadri be suspended?  

17 members have voted

  1. 1. How long will Kadri be suspended for latest dirty hit?

    • 3 games
    • 5 games
    • 1 game
      0
    • not at all
      0
    • more than 5 games


Recommended Posts

 

And once again Nazem Kadri would appear to have crossed a line in the playoffs.

 

 After being suspended last year in their first round series against the Bruins for a dirty cross check to Tommy Wingels, this year he took it to a complete new level. Kadri and Jake Debrusk two skilled rugged forwards had been having a game within the game with one hit upon the other all night including a knee on knee collision that briefly forced Kadri from the game. When Debrusk hit Marleau along the boards Kadri came in with stick high and drilled debrusk square across the face.

 

 He has a long history of suspensions and fines, suspended for 3 games for a hit on Backstrom, fined for a throat slash gesture against Mark Giordano, suspended for a crosscheck against Glendening for 4 games, suspended for 3 games for his crosscheck against Wingels, several fines for embellishing,  suspended for an illegal hit to the head of Mark Fraser, Kadri is clearly familiar with the personal safety department and seems to love to use his stick in ways that no other player in todays game does.

 

 so to me, the question is not if he is going to be suspended but for how long?

 

 I would give him the rest of the series off, regardless of how many games. I love the rough stuff but this is not Hockey. You want to defend yourself or a teammate for what you feel are liberties being taken, fine, drop the stick, drop the gloves and go at it, Kadri has proven himself to be at the least a middle weight in the fight category, handle it the right way. Taking a stick to someones face has no place in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I looked through the poll answers and I didn't see one for me so I edited your post and added the choice of more than 5 games.

 I'm not sure if it matters that as in the playoffs anymore and the estimate of a playoff game equals 2x a season game when it came to suspensions, but Kadri deserves more than 5 games.

 

Honestly, I can see him getting at least 20 games!  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He should get at least 5 but it's playoffs. Just a really dumb dangerous play. Multiple offender.

 

The guy can be a very effective player but crosses the line and puts himself ahead of his team too often.

Edited by flyercanuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nasty ..Nasty .... Nasty ....

 

As I said about Kucherov ....I love physical hockey...BUT/HOWEVER, what Kadri did does NOT belong in today's game.  I said 5 games, but would not be shocked if it is more.  The still image I created says it all for ..... he purposely crosschecked his stick to Debrusk's head.

 

 

image.png.008aa9c601e7de6fed6e62f44b6243d5.png   

 

image.png.6d8cfd79649abeef76fe4573f914bfa8.png

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Good Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hf101 said:

 

 

If you REALLY want to send a message ....make the suspension continue at start of next season if the Leafs get eliminated before his suspension is up ......

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

 

If you REALLY want to send a message ....make the suspension continue at start of next season if the Leafs get eliminated before his suspension is up ......

 

I'm thinking 20 games.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, hf101 said:

 

I'm thinking 20 games.

 

Honestly I would be OK with that.  I watched and rewatched the video clip.  This is not, oh the defender accidentally ducked into the cross check.  This was a deliberate target skating towards him with his stick already up.  This was text book intent to injure.  Kadri really screwed his team.  Leafs were only down 2 with 5 minutes to go.  It was not like the other night when Kuch did his bit with Tampa.  That game was already decided.

 

So yeah ...... 20 games (if that what comes of it) ... I'm totally ok with that.

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, yave1964 said:

I would give him the rest of the series off, regardless of how many games. I love the rough stuff but this is not Hockey. You want to defend yourself or a teammate for what you feel are liberties being taken, fine, drop the stick, drop the gloves and go at it, Kadri has proven himself to be at the least a middle weight in the fight category, handle it the right way. Taking a stick to someones face has no place in the game.

 

I'm going to say 3 games. 

 

Keep in mind how much the league has changed in the last 20 years. There was a time when a hit like that was a two minute penalty and nothing more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I went with 3 but it should be 5-10 but it's a Toronto player so..........

 

It's Kadri. The league needs Kadri because he's entertaining.  A few years ago he was my favourite Leafs player. His role has been diminished in recent years but he's still Toronto's wrecking ball on skates and it's fun to watch (until he crosses the line)... although that was still fun to watch (have to admit). 

 

Kadri got nailed earlier in the game and got pie-faced and tackled to the ice. That hit was basically old time hockey payback for what occurred earlier in the game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, hf101 said:

 

I'm thinking 20 games.

 

Really?  :IDunnoSmiley:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Kadri got nailed earlier in the game and got pie-faced and tackled to the ice. That hit was basically old time hockey payback for what occurred earlier in the game. 

 

Fine then challenge the guy .....  no need to go head hunting.  I respectfully disagree with 3 games.  This is not the 1970's or early 80's anymore.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about the hit DeBrusk threw on Marleau just seconds earlier to knock him into the partition where the glass starts?  Is that dirty?  DeBrusk was clearly trying to injure Marleau.  Kadri saw that and nailed him. 

 

 

Edited by WordsOfWisdom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nazem Kadri is an a-hole.

In fact, he is an underrated A-hole.
He should be talked about more for his a-hole prowess, yet somehow, his name doesn't get thrown around the A-hole Hall of Fame like some others when one thinks of seriously irritating, thoughtless, and dangerous to-his-fellow players pests.

I'm going to petition the NHL to have a new award.
The Donkey Orifice Award.... given to the player who most consistently is in the middle of bad NHL publication, but does the best job of disguising himself as a hockey player.

Nah, let's call it... The Nazem Award. Yeah...that's better.
Tom Wilson, Brad Marchand, Patric Hornqvist…. they make no bones about the fact they are irritants and are boneheaded players many times.
But most people seem to think Kadri is a good player who "sometimes" gets into mischief.

Nope.
Kadri is a world class a-hole.
The worst kind too....talented, can play just fine in the NHL, but always, seems to be doing something or the other to cause harm to his peers....and THEN, screams bloody murder or acts completely shocked when someone tries to draw and quarter HIM.
Because, you know, no one should have any reason to attack a pure hockey player such as himself.

Guy can't even fake a good knee on knee collision correctly to draw the proper call either.....that's because the refs already know Kadri is an a-hole..... :shifty:

Anyways, I didn't vote, not really wanting to get into the semantics on what kind of punishment Kadri should get.
I just thought I'd put in my 39 cents on what a great talented, underrated A-hole he is.
My nominee for The Nazem for as long as the NHL will let him play ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

 

Really?  :IDunnoSmiley:

 

 

Yes .... he has a history of pulling these types of stunts in the past and has been suspended for it before. (see 3 games suspension last year and  or boarding then-Boston forward Tommy Wingels in Game 1 of last year's first-round series.) 

 

I originally said 5 games with ok of 20 games if need be.... Fine I'll back down to 10-12 games. No lower.  For goodness sakes he targeted Debrusk's head.  No place in the game for that type of crap regardless of who the player is or what team he plays for.

Edited by pilldoc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

 

Fine then challenge the guy .....  no need to go head hunting.  I respectfully disagree with 3 games.  This is not the 1970's or early 80's anymore.

 

I agree. A fight would have been an appropriate way to settle that situation. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WordsOfWisdom said:

I agree. A fight would have been an appropriate way to settle that situation.

 

Which, given the circumstances, would have been completely acceptable at the time .......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Nazem Kadri is an a-hole.

In fact, he is an underrated A-hole.
He should be talked about more for his a-hole prowess, yet somehow, his name doesn't get thrown around the A-hole Hall of Fame like some others when one thinks of seriously irritating, thoughtless, and dangerous to-his-fellow players pests.

 

He's a modern day Darcy Tucker.  He plays with an edge.  :)

 

8 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

But most people seem to think Kadri is a good player who "sometimes" gets into mischief.

 

When was the last time he got suspended?  He does these things infrequently. You have to admit it's an occasional thing when he crosses the line. He plays physical, but he usually stays within the rules. 

 

If you put Kadri into the 1990's NHL you would call him a normal average hockey player. There wouldn't be anything remarkable about him. He's Darcy Tucker playing in 2019. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

 

I agree. A fight would have been an appropriate way to settle that situation. 

 

Now that the goons are basically gone from hockey now it would help to get rid of the instigation penalty and let the players handle this stuff within the rules and within the game.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Yes .... he has a history of pulling these types of stunts in the past and has been suspended for it before. (see 3 games suspension last year and  or boarding then-Boston forward Tommy Wingels in Game 1 of last year's first-round series.) 

 

That was a year ago though. At what point does a player's history get wiped clean?  Kadri stays within the rules most of the time. 

 

DeBrusk got away with a cheap boarding hit on Kadri in the first period (if I recall correctly) followed by a pie face, followed by a tackle and some punches while Kadri was on the ice. The ref put BOTH of them in the box. Then, DeBrusk got away with a boarding hit on Marleau to smash him into the glass partition and no penalty for DeBrusk. Kadri finally took matters into his own hands (or stick). There was also the knee on knee hit but that looked like a fluke/accident, not intentional.

 

That's old time hockey. DeBrusk was being the sh_t disturber all game long. He was being an agitator and Kadri paid him back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

When was the last time he got suspended?  He does these things infrequently. You have to admit it's an occasional thing when he crosses the line. He plays physical, but he usually stays within the rules.

 

Ask and you shall receive ......

 

April 2, 2016

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Cross-checking 

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
.

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

April 4, 2016

4 games

$200,000.00

April 12, 2018

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Boarding 

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
.

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

April 13, 2018

3 games‡ 
(3 postseason)

N/A

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

 

He's a modern day Darcy Tucker.  He plays with an edge.  :)

 

 

 Ya...an arsehole.

 

10 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

 

 

When was the last time he got suspended?  He does these things infrequently. You have to admit it's an occasional thing when he crosses the line. He plays physical, but he usually stays within the rules. 

 

 He's been suspended and fined multiple times...like, what, 7 or 8? He's clearly not getting the message. This was dirty, and selfish. He puts his team in a bad situation because he wanted payback for a hit on himself.

 

10 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

 

If you put Kadri into the 1990's NHL you would call him a normal average hockey player. There wouldn't be anything remarkable about him. He's Darcy Tucker playing in 2019. 

 

 

 If I put me into the 1990s I wouldn't be old. But I am. It isn't the 1990s. If you put the 75 Flyers on the ice now they'd all be doing time.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

 

That was a year ago though. At what point does a player's history get wiped clean?  Kadri stays within the rules most of the time. 

 

DeBrusk got away with a cheap boarding hit on Kadri in the first period (if I recall correctly) followed by a pie face, followed by a tackle and some punches while Kadri was on the ice. The ref put BOTH of them in the box. Then, DeBrusk got away with a boarding hit on Marleau to smash him into the glass partition and no penalty for DeBrusk. Kadri finally took matters into his own hands (or stick). There was also the knee on knee hit but that looked like a fluke/accident, not intentional.

 

That's old time hockey. DeBrusk was being the sh_t disturber all game long. He was being an agitator and Kadri paid him back. 

 

Again ...I understand your frustration as a Leaf's fan, but two wrong does not make what Kadri did right.  You just CANNOT go head hunting in this league anymore ......  it won't be tolerated.  Again drop the gloves, get the extra for instigating then move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Most Liked Posts in This Topic

    • 3
      Post
      Yeah I thought the ruling on that hit was terrible. Should not have had any suspension whatsoever.     I'm guessing the number is probably going to be 5 games for Kadri. Just enough to put him out of this series and most likely that will be all for the Leafs. It's a shame. It really spoils the intensity in what was shaping up to be an entertaining series. 
    • 2
      Post
      Nasty ..Nasty .... Nasty ....   As I said about Kucherov ....I love physical hockey...BUT/HOWEVER, what Kadri did does NOT belong in today's game.  I said 5 games, but would not be shocked if it is more.  The still image I created says it all for ..... he purposely crosschecked his stick to Debrusk's head.                  
    • 2
      Post
      Now that the goons are basically gone from hockey now it would help to get rid of the instigation penalty and let the players handle this stuff within the rules and within the game.
    • 2
      Post
      Ya...an arsehole.      He's been suspended and fined multiple times...like, what, 7 or 8? He's clearly not getting the message. This was dirty, and selfish. He puts his team in a bad situation because he wanted payback for a hit on himself.      If I put me into the 1990s I wouldn't be old. But I am. It isn't the 1990s. If you put the 75 Flyers on the ice now they'd all be doing time.
    • 2
      Post
      Just my unbiased bruins opinion, lol...   If Kadri had just lowered his stick, and run Jake into the boards, i'd have no issues with it, but Kadri has a history of going up high, and that history will, and should have an impact on the length of suspension...cheap play at an even worse time.
    • 2
      Post
      What he SHOULD have done is drop the gloves. But that would be too hockey-like for Kadri.
×
×
  • Create New...