It's Vigneault

radoran

Do you like this hire?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What is your reaction to the hiring of AV?

• Love it!
    • Cautiously Optimistic
    • Hey at least it is a HC with NHL experience
    • Hell no ... we are doomed

10 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Shall we go ahead and fire up the "Fire Vigneault!" thread you know it's coming just as soon as @ruxpin gets here in 3, 2, 1....

Just as long as you don't forget about my "Fire Fletcher" thread.  

btw, firing is too good for Homer.  

Edited by King Knut

1 minute ago, Special guest speaker said:

Maybe he'll bring some solid coaching to the D cause they need it big time .....

That's a good point.  Probably my only positive thought on the hiring. 

Welcome to this community btw.

:welcome:

Fletcher: Scott Gordon did a good job for the Flyers. Came in under tough circumstances. When I spoke to him this morning, he was disappointed. I told him to take couple weeks and then we'll talk again. The Lehigh Valley job is his if he wants it. We didn't get into it.

By far the best choice they could have made given the options.  A little surprised they didn't wait to see what shook loose after the playoffs, but I'm good with this. 

I know folks were saying Keefe, and I think he'll be a very good NHL coach. Yet, I don't think this was a good situation for him, and I'd have been stunned if they went for their 3rd straight coach (not counting Gordon) with no NHL experience.  I don't think that would have been good for Keefe given the fact the boys have ruled the island for so long. 

Gordon wasn't an option. Had he snuck into the playoffs and stole a Cup, I don't know that they bring him back. It just wasn't the deal going in (okay, maybe if he did the above, but it probably would have taken that). 

AV has a history of leaning on vets over kids, but unless a ton happens over the summer, he's really not going to have that option here. 

Time will tell, but I picked "cautiously optimistic."

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

AV has a history of leaning on vets over kids

This is mostly urban legend.

It's mostly because he didn't have a lot of good kids to lean on in Vancouver or NY because they mortgaged most of them and picks going on Cup runs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

This is mostly urban legend.

It's mostly because he didn't have a lot of good kids to lean on in Vancouver or NY because they mortgaged most of them and picks going on Cup runs.

Yeah, I agree. On both clubs he had largely vets. So, if his one or two kids got less playing time (on contending teams, no less!) he gets that press.  He's going to have a vastly different situation here, so I'm really not concerned. 

And if kids have to earn it, I'm okay with that. 

If he's playing MacDonald over any of the kids, then FIRE VIGNEAULT! (just for you). 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Yeah, I agree. On both clubs he had largely vets. So, if his one or two kids got less playing time (on contending teams, no less!) he gets that press.  He's going to have a vastly different situation here, so I'm really not concerned. 

And if kids have to earn it, I'm okay with that. 

If he's playing MacDonald over any of the kids, then FIRE VIGNEAULT! (just for you). 

2016 no 1st or 2nd

2015 no 1st

2014 no 1st

2013 no 1st or 2nd

So not a lot to stock the cupboards with.

26 minutes ago, radoran said:

In fairness, six division titles, three President's Trophies, and two Conference Titles.

No, it's not a Cup, but it's a lot better than nothing.

Plus 3 Jack Adams'