Jump to content
News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

SpikeDDS

Merged: Yzerman returns to Detroit as GM! / There is a God and he is Good

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I woke up this morning and started scrolling through my FB news feed and one of the first things I see is “Welcome Home, Steve Yzerman!”

 

Press conference this afternoon should make it official that Stevie will take the helm as GM, while Kenny Holland will finish his contract in an advisory role.

 

It’s about time!

 

I hope he is able to do what he did in TB. It’ll take some time, but I think this is the best DRW news in several seasons.

 

Good start to my Good Friday!

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SpikeDDS said:

I woke up this morning and started scrolling through my FB news feed and one of the first things I see is “Welcome Home, Steve Yzerman!”

 

Press conference this afternoon should make it official that Stevie will take the helm as GM, while Kenny Holland will finish his contract in an advisory role.

 

It’s about time!

 

I hope he is able to do what he did in TB. It’ll take some time, but I think this is the best DRW news in several seasons.

 

Good start to my Good Friday!

Well yes its Good Friday.  I am going to try and make the 1030 mass on Easter Sunday.  I am hoping Jesus has moved to St Louis for a month or two and then to Buffalo.  Just kidding Lord

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

 

@SpikeDDS

 

Here ya go. Stevie is coming home, the presser is scheduled for tomorrow, Kenny Holland is being kicked upstairs to Executive VP for the one remaining year on his deal and Yzerman who built the successful Lightning franchise is coming home to fix the wings. When Blashill was given his two year extention I thought that Holland had won the front office power play and Yzerman was going to Seattle or Edmonton but he is coming home to take over the Wings.

 

 Oh happy day. I think my feet will be two inches off the ground the rest of the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SpikeDDS said:

@yave1964

 

You obviously missed my posted topic entitled “There is a God, and He is Good!”

I missed it!! I have been chasing grandkids and skyping with my wife who is on vacation in Hawaii visiting one of our daughters! Yay!!!!!!

 

  Yeah when Blash was entended and Holland made that snarky comment about I am the GM and will be until I am not anymore I thought, well that is that. My wife sent me the link, WOOT WOOT! Plan the parade!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To paraphrase a Seinfeld line: "He's real, and he's magnificent."

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  1. 4 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

    To paraphrase a Seinfeld line: "He's real, and he's magnificent."

     

    lol.

All seriousness, Dreger has been saying for months that he thinks, not so much from a source but from a hunch that Holland is going to end up in Edmonton either as GM or as an exec tutoring a young GM. I have been critical of Holland, stating that he handled the decline of the Wings poorly refusing to acknowledge the rebuild instead continuing to give up young assets for washed up vets such as Legwand, Zidlicky and Cole to sneak into the playoffs only to lose in five games in the first round for several years before it fell apart completely. IDK, maybe he would rediscover something that has been missing with a new organization, if you want him you can have him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yave1964 said:

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

 

@SpikeDDS

 

Here ya go. Stevie is coming home, the presser is scheduled for tomorrow, Kenny Holland is being kicked upstairs to Executive VP for the one remaining year on his deal and Yzerman who built the successful Lightning franchise is coming home to fix the wings. When Blashill was given his two year extention I thought that Holland had won the front office power play and Yzerman was going to Seattle or Edmonton but he is coming home to take over the Wings.

 

 Oh happy day. I think my feet will be two inches off the ground the rest of the day.

 

59 minutes ago, SpikeDDS said:

@yave1964

 

You obviously missed my posted topic entitled “There is a God, and He is Good!”

 

 

The prodigal son returns home..... :)

  • Good Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SpikeDDS said:

I woke up this morning and started scrolling through my FB news feed and one of the first things I see is “Welcome Home, Steve Yzerman!”

 

Press conference this afternoon should make it official that Stevie will take the helm as GM, while Kenny Holland will finish his contract in an advisory role.

 

It’s about time!

 

I hope he is able to do what he did in TB. It’ll take some time, but I think this is the best DRW news in several seasons.

 

Good start to my Good Friday!

 

Good news for Wings fans indeed.

 

Between the Bolts, Bruins, Leafs all contenders already, this news, the Panthers and Sabres making strides to be very competitive as well, the Atlantic Division could be shaping up to be one of the toughest divisions in hockey in the near future.

 

High expectations for Yzerman, not only because of who he is, but because of what he has accomplished taking an abysmal performing franchise like the Lightning, and turning them into a yearly contender through smart drafting, acquisitions, and even tough love on players when it was needed.

But as much pressure as all that will add to his new post in Detroit, I suspect Stevie Y wouldn't have it any other way!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@yave1964

@TropicalFruitGirl26

@pilldoc

@JR Ewing

 

Steve Yzerman is the PERFECT fit right now. It is good for the organization, because as vaunted as Kenny Holland’s history with the franchise has been with the 3 Cups and so many consecutive years in the playoffs, he CLEARLY has made a number of SERIOUS booboos. And some of them aren’t going away any time soon.

 

To Holland’s credit, he started making some better decisions since dealing with Datsyuk’s bolting for Russia. Not ALL of them. Here we are with a long-term deal for Justin Abdelkader who went 41 games between goals this season! We are going to regret that.

 

But to be fair, he actually had started to do something for us lately with excellent deals for draft picks and solid draft picks.

 

It might have been easy for Holland to let his ego get in the way of letting someone else take the helm. With Stevie being such a good friend, that made that decision easier for him and for ownership. And the team needs this. Badly!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SpikeDDS said:

@yave1964

@TropicalFruitGirl26

@pilldoc

@JR Ewing

 

Steve Yzerman is the PERFECT fit right now. It is good for the organization, because as vaunted as Kenny Holland’s history with the franchise has been with the 3 Cups and so many consecutive years in the playoffs, he CLEARLY has made a number of SERIOUS booboos. And some of them aren’t going away any time soon.

 

To Holland’s credit, he started making some better decisions since dealing with Datsyuk’s bolting for Russia. Not ALL of them. Here we are with a long-term deal for Justin Abdelkader who went 41 games between goals this season! We are going to regret that.

 

But to be fair, he actually had started to do something for us lately with excellent deals for draft picks and solid draft picks.

 

It might have been easy for Holland to let his ego get in the way of letting someone else take the helm. With Stevie being such a good friend, that made that decision easier for him and for ownership. And the team needs this. Badly!

 

Totally understand ....we kind of felt the same thing when Hexy took over for the Flyers.  However, Yzerman has a better track record than Hexy .... but I do understand......

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SpikeDDS said:

@yave1964

@TropicalFruitGirl26

@pilldoc

@JR Ewing

 

Steve Yzerman is the PERFECT fit right now. It is good for the organization, because as vaunted as Kenny Holland’s history with the franchise has been with the 3 Cups and so many consecutive years in the playoffs, he CLEARLY has made a number of SERIOUS booboos. And some of them aren’t going away any time soon.

 

To Holland’s credit, he started making some better decisions since dealing with Datsyuk’s bolting for Russia. Not ALL of them. Here we are with a long-term deal for Justin Abdelkader who went 41 games between goals this season! We are going to regret that.

 

But to be fair, he actually had started to do something for us lately with excellent deals for draft picks and solid draft picks.

 

It might have been easy for Holland to let his ego get in the way of letting someone else take the helm. With Stevie being such a good friend, that made that decision easier for him and for ownership. And the team needs this. Badly!

 

And his first move i read is to offer sheet Brayden Point.

 

 

Nah i kid....

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that I need to tell you Detroit Red Wings fans this, but this is something to get excited about...from NHL.com

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

 

Basically, Stevie Y is seemingly going through the same motions as GM for the Wings as he did with the Lightning when he started out with us.

He fully understands the condition the franchise is in, is evaluating things as we speak, and you can bet your bottom octopus he will make moves (he has already) that will begin to help remedy the situation.

Hmmmm…..hire out competent vets while the younger players develop? Sounds awwwwfully familiar to Lightning fans.
From a Bolts point of view, as much as I probably am going to grit my teeth at "those nasty Wings" getting in the way, I also am excited to see Yzerman work his magic yet again with another franchise...…….I truly have become a fan of his, whether he is TB GM or not.

This can only bode well...very well....for the Red Wings future...and it may not be so far off.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Most Liked Posts in This Topic

    • 3
      Post
      I woke up this morning and started scrolling through my FB news feed and one of the first things I see is “Welcome Home, Steve Yzerman!”   Press conference this afternoon should make it official that Stevie will take the helm as GM, while Kenny Holland will finish his contract in an advisory role.   It’s about time!   I hope he is able to do what he did in TB. It’ll take some time, but I think this is the best DRW news in several seasons.   Good start to m
    • 3
      Post
      And his first move i read is to offer sheet Brayden Point.     Nah i kid....
    • 2
      Post
      Well yes its Good Friday.  I am going to try and make the 1030 mass on Easter Sunday.  I am hoping Jesus has moved to St Louis for a month or two and then to Buffalo.  Just kidding Lord
    • 2
      Post
      Good news for Wings fans indeed.   Between the Bolts, Bruins, Leafs all contenders already, this news, the Panthers and Sabres making strides to be very competitive as well, the Atlantic Division could be shaping up to be one of the toughest divisions in hockey in the near future.   High expectations for Yzerman, not only because of who he is, but because of what he has accomplished taking an abysmal performing franchise like the Lightning, and turning them into a yearly cont
    • 2
      Post
      Totally understand ....we kind of felt the same thing when Hexy took over for the Flyers.  However, Yzerman has a better track record than Hexy .... but I do understand......
    • 1
      Post
      I missed it!! I have been chasing grandkids and skyping with my wife who is on vacation in Hawaii visiting one of our daughters! Yay!!!!!!     Yeah when Blash was entended and Holland made that snarky comment about I am the GM and will be until I am not anymore I thought, well that is that. My wife sent me the link, WOOT WOOT! Plan the parade!
×
×
  • Create New...