Do the Flyers make the playoffs next season???

39 minutes ago, Special guest speaker said:

Do you think he would have been able to do it with the current roster?

Yes, I think Hakstol had them playing stupidly.

I think an actual NHL coach makes the playoffs with the 18/19  Flyers 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Yes, I think Hakstol had them playing stupidly.

I think an actual NHL coach makes the playoffs with the 18/19  Flyers 

Yes, I think so.   Even if the Flyers change nothing else.   But if they make some of the additions they should, missing the playoffs would be epic failure.   Kind of like Tampa in the first round failure.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Im just saying, both of our teams are not making crap with the way things are if they do not make moves. Movies must be made or we are toast. Flyers and Sabres both

Yeah Flyers only need a few tweaks they have a solid coach now to lead them that will go along ways.

Sabres still have to find their guy....i know it won't happen with who is out there but maybe they should bring Ruff back.

19 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah Flyers only need a few tweaks they have a solid coach now to lead them that will go along ways.

Sabres still have to find their guy....i know it won't happen with who is out there but maybe they should bring Ruff back.

A friend of mine says he heard on some radio station that Ruff is not interested?  I do not know why?  I would think he would take a  head job over Rangersr asistant any day?  He cannot have any bad blood with this organization because Regier is long gone and new owners?  But Botterill likely will go in another direction.  I have no clue who he is looking at.  It seems like its a certainty he will wait until both the NHL and AHL playoffs are over.  Speaking of which, Rochester lost at home to the Marleys last night. But my friend says Rochester is one of best road teams in AHL.  Tage Thomson is playing.  I do not know how he  qualified?  And the Finland goalie is playing too.  I am hoping he does well and maybe he will be the Sabres goalie?  I am sure he is in the running?

2 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

A friend of mine says he heard on some radio station that Ruff is not interested?  I do not know why?  I would think he would take a  head job over Rangersr asistant any day?  He cannot have any bad blood with this organization because Regier is long gone and new owners?  But Botterill likely will go in another direction.  I have no clue who he is looking at.  It seems like its a certainty he will wait until both the NHL and AHL playoffs are over.  Speaking of which, Rochester lost at home to the Marleys last night. But my friend says Rochester is one of best road teams in AHL.  Tage Thomson is playing.  I do not know how he  qualified?  And the Finland goalie is playing too.  I am hoping he does well and maybe he will be the Sabres goalie?  I am sure he is in the running?

I hope it ain't Randy Carlyle....

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I hope it ain't Randy Carlyle....

Doubt it.  I always thought that Patrick would have been a good choice for young assistant guys.  I would have picked him over Housley in a NY minute.  You know, the ex Sabre that was Ruff's asistant.  He hit the cross bar in the second OT vs Dallas in 99.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Special guest speaker said:

Or does AV bring in his past assistants ?????

He said he wants to talk to the current staff before he heads to the Worlds and will discuss further with Chuck and decide if he wants to go with some of these guys or add some of his own folks.

So i think you won't hear any names being thrown around till after the worlds is over.

6 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

A friend of mine says he heard on some radio station that Ruff is not interested?  I do not know why?

Because Buffalo is a dumpster fire with an owner who has no clue how to run a successful sports franchise. 

On 4/20/2019 at 7:48 PM, Samifan said:

Because Buffalo is a dumpster fire with an owner who has no clue how to run a successful sports franchise. 

Your sorry ass Flyers are no better off right now.  Freakin hanging your hats on this kid in goal?  What is he going to do with facing 50 shots a night.  Punks

On 4/20/2019 at 7:06 PM, Special guest speaker said:

Anyone on the current staff you would like to see stay??? 

A year ago I'd have said Knoblauch,  he's supposed to be a bright guy- maybe McDavid was responsible for his " genius" ? 

There might be some support for Dillabaugh too. I'm fine with AV bringing in his own squad of goons, let's start fresh 

Greetings:

I think "making the playoffs" would be a low bar for the franchise.  It's been seven years without a playoff series win.  We need that win next year.  Anything less will be a terrible disappointment 

• Like 2