Round #2 Eastern Conference: Boston Bruins (A2) vs. Columbus Blue Jackets (WC2)

pilldoc

Round #2 Eastern Conference: Boston Bruins (A2) vs. Columbus Blue Jackets (WC2)  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the series?

• Bruins sweep
    • Bruins in 5
    • Bruins in 6
    • Bruins in 7
    • Blue Jackets sweep
    • Blue Jackets in 5
    • Blue Jackets in 6
    • Blue Jackets in 7

I hate to say it but I have to go with the Blue Jackets in 6.

After they dispatched the top team in the NHL, I'm not sure if they just shut Tampa down or Tampa just didn't  play well at the wrong time.

So till I see otherwise the Jackets might be the team to best in the East.

Edited by OccamsRazor
Who knows it could be jinxing it

@OccamsRazor

I'm still not sold on Bobrovsky being a championship goalie.

I do like a lot of what CBJ is doing and I"ve said it a bunch of times Seth Jones is the real deal, I think he's the best young defensman in the league. 

I don't think the Caps are playing great- should they get by Carolina, and that's no guarantee, I think they struggle-  I don't think the Islanders have the talent to advance.   So sort of by default these two teams are now the chalk.

I don't like Boston sports teams in general and hope the Celtics get smoked by the Bucks and CBJ beats the Bruins, The B's are good though, they're built for now, this should be an entertaining series. 

Edited by mojo1917

23 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

@OccamsRazor

I'm still not sold on Bobrovsky being a championship goalie.

I do like a lot of what CBJ is doing and I"ve said it a bunch of times Seth Jones is the real deal, I think he's the best young defensman in the league. 

I don't think the Caps are playing great- should they get by Carolina, and that's no guarantee, I think they struggle-  I don't think the Islanders have the talent to advance.   So sort of by default these two teams are now the chalk.

I don't like Boston sports teams in general and hope the Celtics get smoked by the Bucks and CBJ beats the Bruins, The B's are good though, they're built for now, this should be an entertaining series. 

Yeah the Caps losing Oshie is a huge blow will that effect their game tonight....loser goes home.

And sure I am with you on not being convinced Bob is over his instability issues.

Boston is a deep team too who will grind with the Jackets.

Should be a good series.

In all seriousness these two teams play the same style, four solid lines who can all score and play defense, a solid blueline and a top tier goalie. Comparing the two teams:

HEAD TO HEAD They played three times down the stretch, Columbus blew them out 7-4 the first time, Boston won 2-1 in OT the second time and then Boston took the third game 6-2 in the third from final game of the year, the only game that CBJ has lost in the last 11. 

GOALTENDING Bobrovsky was the difference or one of them anyway in their series win against Tampa, many in Boston have called for Rask to be benched at times in the Toronto series although he was extremely sharp the last two games.

DEFENSE To me this is an edge for Columbus with apologies to Krug, Chara and the emerging Carlo, Seth Jones is becoming one of the best defenders in the game, Werenski is a fantastic number two and David Savard has quietly turned in an amazing second half. The edge is slight but it is there.

FORWARDS Boston deserves the edge here based off the top line in all of hockey  and the fact that their depth on the other three lines is the equal of what Columbus has.

HOME ICE Boston has home ice but lost two to Toronto at home in the first round.

INTANGIBLES Columbus is well rested, extremely so after dispatching Tampa in four what seems a lifetime ago while Boston will be playing Thursday with only one day off between series after besting Toronto in game seven on Tuesday. Columbus has had a chance to allow their nicks and bruises to heal but often too much rest creates rust. Boston is mostly healthy and they seem to be peaking but a lot of times there is a letdown game after an emotionally draining series.

Columbus in seven is my real pick but man this one is close.

• Like 1

This might be the one series that home ice means the most in.  Boston has been better at home in these playoffs with the exception of two games vs the Leafs that they lost.  I still believe if Kadri had not been so severely penalized, the Leafs would have prevailed.  The refs did in Vegas for sure.  Anyway, I expect Columbus to grab the lead in this one.  But they must play better than last night.  They were fortunate to escape that double OT as they were not the team that swept Tampa.  I still wonder how the hell they did it?

Well, at least the Jackets got it together enough and pulled out a win in OT to even the series.

Tellin ya.... Jackets played just about FLAWLESS hockey against Tampa Bay..... Bolts BARELY got any PP time, as Columbus was very disciplined...then I see them do all sorts of silly things (mostly due to The Rat) and allow the Bruins to get them off their game.

I suspect John Tortorella was very much in the ears of his players, hopefully reminding them of who they are and what they've done to this point....but more importantly, what they all want to accomplish ahead.
And that the team carries that on to the rest of the series and stays away from Marchand and the Bruins nonsense.

Just want to say here, whatever I said about Bobrovsky not being a championship goaltender is complete hogwash.

He's been really good this series. It might be over if not for how he's played as it stands, Columbus has 2 to win 2, they can do it.

He's made multiple 10 bell saves during the series. The goaltending in the series as a whole has been top notch. Rask has been excellent too.

4 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Just want to say here, whatever I said about Bobrovsky not being a championship goaltender is complete hogwash.

He's been really good this series. It might be over if not for how he's played as it stands, Columbus has 2 to win 2, they can do it.

He's made multiple 10 bell saves during the series. The goaltending in the series as a whole has been top notch. Rask has been excellent too.

It was a disappointing goal that was allowed there at the end.  And Boston is lucky Columbus hit the post.  I agree Bob is a great goalie and so is Binnington but he has let a couple bad ones in . Like today.   I am hoping Blues and Blue Jackets both win.  I hate all the rest.  Go Blue

for the next round I like the physicality of the Bruins...i mean I hate them, but I think if they can catch the 'canes they can hit them enough to wear them down they will win. Especially if Rask continues to play at his current level. 

I'll be rooting for the jerks, because I hate Boston sports teams, but I think the Broons will win the series. 

• Like 1