NHL apologizes to Vegas for penalty that did them in vs Sharks

10 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Then you have to ban ALL hitting.  That's where we're at. If you so much as touch a player and he lands sideways on the ice, it's a 5-minute major now. The league is killing itself with terrible penalty calls and bogus suspensions. 

What if that was a CLEAN BODY CHECK that ping ponged him between the two players and the same result occurred? It would have been the SAME penalty! 

The league is trying to wrap the players in bubble wrap and it's a contact sport. Injuries WILL happen.

Injuries do happen. They happen even without hitting. They happen in practice. They happen stepping out of the shower.

The difference between a "clean body check" and "an illegal cross check" should be obvious for hockey fans.

Eakins' stick had no business being where it was. Much like Kadri's.

Calling a penalty a penalty doesn't mean a "clean check" is a penalty.

And "degree of violence" is in the rule.

Also, too, pushing a defenseless player to the ice is also a penalty. Stastny doesn't "touch" a player who just happens to "land sideways". He pushes a defenseless player who is falling over as a result of an illegal cross check to the ice, resulting in injury. He likely did not intend to injure the player, but he did. Pavelski is entitled to his position on the ice and as a player without the puck cannot be simply "moved out of the way" using the hand or stick. Statstny - by rule - has to skate around him.

It's a very fine line and one that will have different interpretations based on the situation, the players, and the officials.

Hitting is allowed. But players do need to have respect for their opponents and expect them to respect back.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, davethehammer said:

just happens to have a player named Martinez. the only player in Hockey history with that name. And he's the one who scores the winning goal in OT for the Stanley cup!?! thatys not coincidence by any stretch of a childish imagination. that cant happen unless planned.

Craziest thing i have read on these boards in a long time....let me guess the Earth is flat too....right you're one of those aren't you...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Craziest thing i have read on these boards in a long time....let me guess the Earth is flat too....right you're one of those aren't you...

A hockey player with a Spanish name, scores a goal in Los Angeles, in the Stanley Cup and you don't find it suspicious? 

Your comment is childish. You've been trained to just generalize people who question  things and think for themselves.  I don't care what shape  the earth is or isn't. I don't think or know that it's flat. And again, I showed you videos that are proof. Point blank unquestionable proof that  they use technology  to alter games

Edited by davethehammer

3 minutes ago, davethehammer said:

A hockey player with a Spanish name, scores a goal in Los Angeles, in the Stanley Cup and you don'

Good thing it went in the net or it would have slide off the edge of the earth....

Image result for flat earth model

#whoknew

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, davethehammer said:

Prove my videos false. You cant, you wont. They are proof its staged. 

You prove your claim. You have no proof just assumptions.

I have seen many times bad ice divert the puck...so every time it happens the league want it that way???

DAMN THE NHL YOU FUGGERS!!!!!

And even the refs are helping them!!!!!

And you know bad bounces just happen...

Lol bad ice? Bad ice doesn't make a puck shoot straight across past a net with nothing having pushed it. 

Bad ice doesn't pull a puck in two different  directions from a completely  separate  direction. Youre fighting to lie to yourself. 

1 hour ago, davethehammer said:

LOL ...you must spent too many sleepless night worrying about this.......

do some simple research on phyics my friend ....

First of all the top view isn't a good view.  Quick saves a high shot, the puck bounces down, and since its not a perfect sphere, the puck's edge hits and makes it bounce out.  The puck changes its path because as it head for the goal it hits the ice, however there would be a gash in the ice and it would have hit the gash at such an angle that it was forced away from the net.  The puck in this video wasn't flying very fast due to Quick getting a piece of it, but it was still spinning at a very fast rate. when the puck hit the ground, the spin wasn't overridden by the speed of it flying through the air when Iginla hit it, which caused it to change direction as soon as it hit the ice

From Alan Hache, "The Physics of Hockey" ......

"In a real three-dimensional world, however, a puck doesn't always slide smoothly. It can also bounce, roll, spin, and wiggle all kinds of ways. We talked earlier about a bouncing coefficient of about 12 percent for a frozen puck. Theoretically, the puck should then stop bouncing after two or three hits, for after the third bounce it would rise to only 0.2 percent of its original height. Unfortunately, it doesn't bounce as predictably as, say, a rubber ball. The asymmetrical shape of the puck greatly affects how it rebounds. Much like when a football hits the ground, there is just no way to predict how the puck will behave from one bounce to the other. In physics, this is called a chaotic system, something that is only predictable for a short period of time. A minute change in the initial conditions, like the puck's tilt or velocity, can dramatically change the outcome. Although chaos brings physical prediction to its knees, it sure makes life and hockey exciting!"

you can do this very same experiment had home with a frisbee.  When throwing a frisbee with enough rotation when it hits the ground the rotation of the frisbee causes it to radically change directions.....

I'm done discussing this .....time to move along little doggie.

2 hours ago, davethehammer said:

Prove that the Easter Bunny doesn't exist. You can't, you won't.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, radoran said:

The difference between a "clean body check" and "an illegal cross check" should be obvious for hockey fans.

Eakins' stick had no business being where it was. Much like Kadri's.

Calling a penalty a penalty doesn't mean a "clean check" is a penalty.

And "degree of violence" is in the rule.

But what I'm saying is that the refs called a penalty based on the RESULT of the play..... without having SEEN what happened. They saw an injured Sharks player laying on the ice and thought: "well that OUGHT to be a penalty.... WHATEVER it was".  It was a blind penalty call.

As for "degree of violence", there was no real violence on that play at all. Two run-of-the-mill crosschecks to ping pong the player around. The only thing violent was how the player fell. If he lands differently, chances are there's no penalty on the play at all.  

20 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

Prove that the Easter Bunny doesn't exist. You can't, you won't.

I certainly can't prove that.
In fact, he was in our yard a couple Sundays ago with what looked like a basket full of plastic colored eggs.....and for reasons unknown, he was sticking them in bushes, under rocks, behind potted plants, etc....

I know this has nothing to do with the Vegas penalty, but then, neither does this conspiracy theory of WWE NHL, so I thought I would just throw this in there... :shifty:

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, davethehammer said:

A hockey player with a Spanish name, scores a goal in Los Angeles, in the Stanley Cup and you don't find it suspicious? 

Your comment is childish. You've been trained to just generalize people who question  things and think for themselves.  I don't care what shape  the earth is or isn't. I don't think or know that it's flat. And again, I showed you videos that are proof. Point blank unquestionable proof that  they use technology  to alter games

The NHL doesn't use technology to alter games. They use the REFEREES to alter games. It's called "game management". Former NHL referees have made this information public already.  

What you're talking about (and I watched some of the edited highlight videos you posted) is crazy.  :( 

9 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I know this has nothing to do with the Vegas penalty, but then, neither does this conspiracy theory of WWE NHL, so I thought I would just throw this in there... :shifty:

Have we ever had a conspiracy theorist in the forum before?  This is so strange (and also entertaining).  :)

3 hours ago, davethehammer said:

Ok this is so dumb it doesn't even warrant a response any further. Believe what you want.

I have some beach front property i want to sell you thats in Montana.

• Like 2

On 4/29/2019 at 7:32 PM, davethehammer said:

Alec Martinez.. the only player in Hockey with that last name. Just happened to be on the LA Kings.

I did predict that Alec would be the only Martinez in the city of Los Angeles to score a Cup-winning goal, and I was right. :ph34r:

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Is there a tinfoil hat emoji?  ;)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Have we ever had a conspiracy theorist in the forum before?  This is so strange (and also entertaining).  :)

Sure we  have.
We had that one "Edmonton Oiler" fan.... Parkor...who bounced off the walls with theories such as Jordan Eberle, Oscar Klefbom, Darnell Nurse, and I think Ryan Nugent Hopkins were the next coming of the Devil as the Unholy Trinity despite the fact that they were four guys, not three....

Then we have a whole forum full of Minnesota Wild fans...some of which FIRMLY believe that guys like Zach Parise, Ryan Suter and Mikko Koivu are diabolically trying to subvert the Wild's chances of winning anything.....and one of them even has a podcast to prove it...and well, you know, podcasts are as good as bibles....

And now we have this guy who's name apparently means he chugs down a few before coming on here and enlightening us with his "insider" knowledge.

I gotta tell ya...DURING the season, this would be more annoying than anything else, but with playoff teams whittling down, and most of the league in the off season, I don't mind so much right now.... adds fluff to the proceedings.
And besides, the kids didn't mind the Easter Bunny too much either.... ;)

• Like 1

Game Management and Penalty Calling for Hockey Referees

Want to be learn from professional officials? Check out www.teamstripesacademy.com for online courses taught by top instructors. 

Game management is a term you will hear often repeated, especially as you progress to the higher levels. This is central from the opening puck drop to the final buzzer. A good referee will work to ensure that he or she does not “kill a game” by calling too many penalties, nor letting it get out of hand by letting infractions go. It’s finding that right balance that can be so crucial.

What that often can mean is to set your standard early in a game. You set a standard of play early so that the players can get a sense of what limits they need to play into throughout the game. That way, by the 3rd period they will know what they can and cannot be doing.

Full link here:

https://goteamstripes.com/blogs/team-stripes-blog/game-management-and-penalty-calling-for-hockey-referees

My two cents:

A GOOD referee would call it by the book. The rules are absolute. The PLAYERS control the game, NOT the referee. The number of penalties in a game depends SOLELY on the actions of the players. This idea of "game management" (which the NHL is in love with) is the notion that the referee is determining the outcome and not the players by deciding arbitrarily what rules will be called in a game, how, and when.

Edited by WordsOfWisdom

4 hours ago, davethehammer said:

That's not all...one time a hockey player with a french name scored a goal in Montreal in the Stanley Cup....  :poke:

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

That's not all...one time a hockey player with a french name scored a goal in Montreal in the Stanley Cup....  :poke:

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Who was that Guy? :ph34r:

• Haha 2

On 4/25/2019 at 2:55 PM, radoran said:

Which is just absurd. The league has been harassing officials into making these sorts of calls to stop exactly the kind of hit that took out Pavelski and then they turn around and throw the officials under the bus.

Maybe Eakins didn't deserve a five minute major. But maybe Stastny did.

There's a whole thread on it.

Only the second time in league history that a team has scored four goals on a five minute major. The first goal was six seconds into the PK.

The penalty didn't kill Vegas's season. The Knights terrible PK "killed" their season.

The Knights tied the game up and sent it to overtime. They had every chance to win the game. They didn't.

It wasn't the "zebras" that ended Vegas' season. It was Vegas.

Agreed. Fluery still has to STOP THE PUCK! That is classic Marc Andre Fluery!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

You prove your claim. You have no proof just assumptions.

I have seen many times bad ice divert the puck...so every time it happens the league want it that way???

DAMN THE NHL YOU FUGGERS!!!!!

And even the refs are helping them!!!!!

saying bad bounces just happen doesnt explain anything.

the fact of the matter is, the very first goal in this video proves my point again.

I'm sorry but you cant be taken seriously if you call that a natural accident based on any actual physics. the puck blatantly went in a completely unnatural reaction. to say otherwise is simply ignorance.

are you people in your 30s/40s/50s? and you still think multi billion dollar sports is some untouched, pure, childish entity? its time to stop watching sports like the13 year old you once were. Sports is staged entertainment and they choose who wins and when.

6 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Ok this is so dumb it doesn't even warrant a response any further. Believe what you want.

I have some beach front property i want to sell you thats in Montana.

there is no such thing as belief. its as useless a word as coincidence or faith.