Rangers ink Adam Fox

Rangers ink Adam Fox

Rangers agree to terms with defenseman Adam Fox

NEW YORK (AP) The Rangers have agreed to terms with defenseman Adam Fox on an entry-level contract.

New York acquired Fox on Tuesday in a trade with Carolina for its second-round pick this year and a conditional third-round choice next year.

Fox played in 33 games for Harvard this past season, collecting nine goals and 39 assists. He ranked second in points among NCAA defensemen, trailing Hobey Baker Award winner Cale Makar (49). The 21-year-old from Jericho, New York, helped the United States win a bronze medal at the 2018 world junior championship.

Fox was originally selected by Calgary in the third round of the 2016 draft. He was acquired by Carolina in a trade with the Flames in June 2018.

1 hour ago, Brewin Flames said:

Rangers ink Adam Fox

Rangers agree to terms with defenseman Adam Fox

NEW YORK (AP) The Rangers have agreed to terms with defenseman Adam Fox on an entry-level contract.

New York acquired Fox on Tuesday in a trade with Carolina for its second-round pick this year and a conditional third-round choice next year.

Fox played in 33 games for Harvard this past season, collecting nine goals and 39 assists. He ranked second in points among NCAA defensemen, trailing Hobey Baker Award winner Cale Makar (49). The 21-year-old from Jericho, New York, helped the United States win a bronze medal at the 2018 world junior championship.

Fox was originally selected by Calgary in the third round of the 2016 draft. He was acquired by Carolina in a trade with the Flames in June 2018.

This is a solid gamble.

Gives them two nice young D men in Miller and now Fox.

They are both righties so I imagine when the arrive they will play on separate pairs.

If anything, i think this deal favours the canes alot more than the rangers...

If i am not mistaken, that conditional pick becomes a second if fox plays more than 30 games for them next year (which i'm betting he does), and that gives the canes a chance to reload a little...

Edited by Brewin Flames

1 hour ago, Brewin Flames said:

If anything, i think this deal favours the canes alot more than the rangers...

If i am not mistaken, that conditional pick becomes a second if fox plays more than 30 games for them next year (which i'm betting he does), and that gives the canes a chance to reload a little...

Yeah it is a good deal for the Canes considering he could have just waited till August 15th and just signed with the Rangers and the Canes got nothing.

He was a 3rd round pick and they got a 2nd for him and a conditional pick as well that is a huge win.

Edited by OccamsRazor

• 1 year later...