PK for Jake?

I would make this move. Jake is a good player, but he is not the level of PK. You have a young Goalie and young promising D men. Build from the net out. 

Seems like the trade makes sense for both teams. The money is right, so are the needs, not to mention there is a strong relationship between the two clubs

• Like 2

I see where this comes from now.

A Sam Carchidi suggestion.

So would this be with the intentions of putting PK on the top pair?

I'll play along because I don't have anything better to do today at work till 7 tonight.

It seems the Preds are getting the better part of the deal getting a better 2nd line RW and Hagg to boot.

I would rather trade Jake for PK straight up and then move Hagg in another deal to acquire a forward.

I mean Jake doesn't pot a lot of goal give you that but he does set up some guys.

PK didn't even play on the Preds top pair at 9 mill per season.

I just don't know about this deal.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

Not the "steady veteran" type defenseman I'd choose to lead the blue line.

Too volitile for me, but then I'm a " 2-1 final" type

of fan.

Price matches though.  Maybe we should check with Hart. He seems the most level headed member of the organization.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

I see where this comes from now.

A Sam Carchidi suggestion.

So would this be with the intentions of putting PK on the top pair?

I'll play along because I don't have anything better to do today at work till 7 tonight.

It seems the Preds are getting the better part of the deal getting a better 2nd line RW and Hagg to boot.

I would rather trade Jake for PK straight up and then move Hagg in another deal to acquire a forward.

I mean Jake doesn't pot a lot of goal give you that but he does set up some guys.

PK didn't even play on the Preds top pair at 9 mill per season.

I just don't know about this deal.

Yes.  There is absolutely no reason to throw someone else into this.  Jake for PK should happen straight up.  The money works for Nashville and their defense did fine when Subban was out for 20 games this year.

I wouldn't add anything to it.  

Honestly, I'm not excited about it.

The good:   Subban's term is two years less than Jake's.  Subban does bring the veteran, righthanded shooting defenseman.  

The bad:  He's not a top pair defenseman to me, even on the Flyers.   He's second pair at this point.  IMO, his best days are behind him and he's into breakdown mode.   

Unless something (a 3rd or 4th round pick, for example) is coming back with Subban, I'm not interested.   And I think something coming with Subban is justified.  Voracek is durable and misses few games.   Subban not as much.  And you're trading away a 65-80 point player.  Some of it this year was injury and role, but I'm wondering that we ever see the 50-60  pt. production from Subban again.    My problem with Jake has never been production (okay, some years, like this one, he could do better).  My problem has always been that he's dumber than a cabinet member.

I'm willing to do Subban for Voracek, but if Fletcher throws something in with Voracek he's an idiot.  And he really should try to get something with Subban.

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 1

I would totally agree to make this trade straight up. If another defenseman has to be moved, get a Winger back for him. 

It looks like the flyers D is getting crowded with young guys pushing to come up. They have to make room somewhere.

@ruxpin

The trade returns under Fletch have been a bit underwhelming. Hextall was more astute than Fletch, so I would expect that trend to continue. 

PK for Voracek straight up is probably the best Fletch can do. I can’t imagine the Preds adding to the deal, but I can definitely see Fletch adding to his side. 

Long story short, it’s not something I would lose sleep over. I think it would be a good hockey trade for us... again, provided he has a plan to fill the new hole he creates. 

I’ll bet he does. 

45 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Unless something (a 3rd or 4th round pick, for example) is coming back with Subban, I'm not interested  

Now I would do this.

Jake Voracek 

Robert Hagg

for

PK Subban

Eeli Tolvanen

No thanks.

I even like PK more than most. 

When he is interested he can be a dominant player as he's matured he's been interested consistently.

He has a howitzer shot, and can still skate.

Was he injured this year? because he looked like trash vs Dallas.

I still see him pass the puck into the slot with no support, often to the opposite colored sweater, every time I watch the preds play...not just occasionally- every. time.

I think Jake is a more valuable commodity based on what some others have said. He's durable, he produces.  Brelic calls him a high event player, something is going to happen with the puck on his stick, most times it's good or "not bad" sometimes it's absurdly asinine. 

If we're to deal Jake I don't want it to be for a maybe, which is how I feel about Subban at this point in his career. I would love him in the community and he's probably awesome in the room, but on the ice he's not money any more. 

I don't like this deal one for one for the Flyers I sure as hell don't include anyone else going to NSH. 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2019 at 10:11 AM, OccamsRazor said:

Now I would do this.

Jake Voracek 

Robert Hagg

for

PK Subban

Eeli Tolvanen

I think any Flyers fan would want them to pull that off, no way Nashville bites though.

20 minutes ago, sekkes85 said:

I think any Flyers fan would want them to pull that off, no way Nashville bites though.

That is fine because I don't want PK anyways.

I would rather trade Jake for something better.

• Like 1

$ baby !

keep the players add new better players using comcast's vast financial resources.

All the Karlssons !

even the Duchene !

pay all those men their money !

Keep the Jake...let the PJ/PK/RJ/BMF  continue to eat the Nashville barbeque.

Edited by mojo1917

On 5/4/2019 at 9:46 AM, brelic said:

The trade returns under Fletch have been a bit underwhelming. Hextall was more astute than Fletch, so I would expect that trend to continue.

What has been underwhelming so far in terms of trades from Fletcher?   

Hextall was the person that gave Jake a bloated contract even though he was a RFA coming off a career year?  Simmer?  Well, nobody was paying anything worthwhile for Simmer and his production in Nash pretty much solidifies that argument.  Stollie?   The kid is a marginal NHL backup that has knees made of glass and you had a chance to bring in a vet that was close to Hart. 

Sorry, just don't agree based on what Fletcher has done to date.   As of right now I think his trading abilities are up in the air.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2019 at 9:28 AM, CoachX said:

I would totally agree to make this trade straight up. If another defenseman has to be moved, get a Winger back for him. 

It looks like the flyers D is getting crowded with young guys pushing to come up. They have to make room somewhere.

This only makes sense only if another RW is coming from someplace.

I'm actually fine with the trade in theory (and if they also trade Hagg and Waive MacDonald, it'll work for the pairings --Morin becomes #7 will fill in duty and eventually takes over for Gudas at the deadline or next year) but the long and short is it doesn't fill any holes (just improves a dent maybe) and creates a new hole.

Not sure it makes any sense for the team.